Headphone jack on the side?

In some ways I like this option, but I also worry considerably about the added stress put on the jack during normal use.  Ideally, no stress should be put on the headphone jack, because it makes it wear out that much sooner.  Having it in the front helps prevent it being hit quite as much as on the side.  If you're using the device for mostly non-gaming stuff, then I could see the side being maybe of equal or even less stress than the front position.

In some ways I like this option, but I also worry considerably about the added stress put on the jack during normal use.  Ideally, no stress should be put on the headphone jack, because it makes it wear out that much sooner.  Having it in the front helps prevent it being hit quite as much as on the side.  If you're using the device for mostly non-gaming stuff, then I could see the side being maybe of equal or even less stress than the front position.
What will you say on having 2 jacks?

Last edited by a moderator:
No space on the PCB for a second port and it also adds additional costs to have holes at the side as well.

No space on the PCB for a second port and it also adds additional costs to have holes at the side as well.
I guess all i can do now, is to do dirty mods about that.

Btw, what amount of money are we talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back