Homebrew On 1.5 Psp

How do you know this for sure?

Because cybblade (webmaster of the spanish website where the author of the exploit posted the new) says he has tried it and it is real.

It's like if EvilDragon posts here that he has a snes beta running fullspeed from an unknown coder, would you believe him?

Probably, but I'd be skeptical, and check the date first.

I've spoken to some people who know the guy who did the hack (or claimed to have done it) and they basically thought he wasnt capable; so whether he's learned a lot recently, playing a trick, or just taking credit for someone elses work, I dunno. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway, there aren't that many psp games in the horizon that interest me and i don't have a gp32(believe that?), so i'm pretty excited about running homebrew on my 1.50.

Exactly. I would say the PSP and DS launches are probably the 2 worst in history. I was at a GameStop and Coded Arms is now pushed back until the end of July and other than Madden, there's nothing else for a llloooonnng time that i'm interested in. once GoldenEye comes out for the DS, then you have to wait til October for Metroid.

So unless Coded Arms and Madden 2006 have firmware upgrades, i'll be playing emulators and homebrew on my 1.5 for a long time.

I think the PSP launch was really good. It's just they obviously didn't plan very well because there's almost nothing to be excited about for pretty much the rest of the year (at least as far as I can see).

Does anyone know if the games ask before going ahead of flashing? I would assume so, to stop you from switching it off during the flash, and probably requesting mains power, but I'm not sure.

yes the game will pop up a little message and say "your system does not have the correct firmware to play this game" or something like that and then will ask "would you like to update the firmware now?". So it's not forced in that sense.

I hope no one is bothered by the double post... well it's been a day since my last post anyways, but just wanted to say, it's officially wednesday :D hmmmm so, hopefully we'll see this 1.5 crack today?

EDIT: I found the info over at psphacker... official release is supposed to be at 6am PST, just over 3 more hours from now. There's a second video over there and it looks VERY convincing, you can EASILY see he is actually pressing on the pad, buttons, and analog stick, so most likely NOT just a video running on the system. Today could be a very good day indeed....

its only comming nxt month because its my b-day, :) so then il be a official psp fanboy! dont care what anyone says :unsure: B)

do you think its really going to live up to my psp expectations? i was going to get twisted metal first now im going to get ridgeracer... good choice?

its only comming nxt month because its my b-day, :) so then il be a official psp fanboy! dont care what anyone says :unsure: B)

do you think its really going to live up to my psp expectations? i was going to get twisted metal first now im going to get ridgeracer... good choice?

What are your PSP expectations ?.

Trooper

ummmm.....

1,fantastic graphics which you never get board of.

2,good controls.

3,good games(opinion wise).

4,the best thing that ever happened to me?(or you).

5,comfortable?

Well, it won't be the best thing that ever happens to you, that'll be muesli!

But it is a wonderful games machine. BTW I now reckon wipeout is great-but it's taken me WEEKS to get to this phase, what does that tell you (I loved RR though!)

ign said:
Sony is essentially trying to stay on top of the vulnerabilities in Firmware that hackers constantly seek to exploit. Just today, a hack was released on the web that takes advantage of the holes in the 1.50 version of the software. Users download these hacks in hopes of playing classic games with emulators and roms that are found all over the internet. What many of these users don't know is that the process for booting these hacks can damage the PSP.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ign said:
Sony is essentially trying to stay on top of the vulnerabilities in Firmware that hackers constantly seek to exploit. Just today, a hack was released on the web that takes advantage of the holes in the 1.50 version of the software. Users download these hacks in hopes of playing classic games with emulators and roms that are found all over the internet. What many of these users don't know is that the process for booting these hacks can damage the PSP.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scare tactics, If anything, It`ll probably do the memory card in before the PSP.

Trooper

Well, it could mean that you'll need to reformat the card just like when SMC's get corrupted, but I can't see much else happening (then again, I don't have a schematic of the psp...)

Back