Release Hotfix 6 - Alpha 1 released

cons/bugs

-I still see midori icon (in fact 2 since I have 3.6 pnd) but neither will run go back to minimenu.

Ah, then we've got two bugs here:

Midori 0.3.6 is probably missing a library and the icon for internal midori needs to be removed.

Thanks for reporting! :)

-still don't know what time zone to choose or what one I've picked. I don't know how much nand was saved by removing but I hope it can be better(like earliest firmware).
What do you mean? Nothing has been removed or saved?

How to test charging optimization?

Check if charging stops a while after reaching 100% and restarts when being below 90%.

If you don't have time to check: After a full charge, your battery should be between 90 and 100%.

As for Midori does it need anything in pndutils and are they being included in future firmwares?

As for Time Zone, sorry not it wasn't necessary removed from hotfix 5 since I had brought this up then as well. I'm fairly sure (and will like recheck) the original firmware from 2010 had much more simple time zone script, app or process.

You can test it from a sdcard. This is how it is intended.
How? I had no option (to just start it) after booting from the SD-Card with the extracted content of archive on it.

btw.

As it seems charging won't stop after reaching 100% - or at least the red LED was not switched off.

Yes, you boot it from SD-Card, so where is the problem.

When BlueProtoman says, that he don't want to reflash to test it and loose all his customisations, it sounds to me, as he intended to overwrite his nand with it.

I can boot the image directly without installing it to a card? Because I really don't feel like doing that; the best way to test these sort of things is not, in my opinion, to simply check around for a few things once.

You need to run it from a SD-Card! How else would you do that?

I don't undestand your problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
midori 0.3.6 and jumanji not launching

-----

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/midori"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

bin/midori: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/midori': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/jumanji"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/jumanji=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/jumanji=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/jumanji"

[ START ]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

using latest libs!

attempt to start jumanji!

./jumanji.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

jumanji crashed!; retval = 1

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/jumanji': Device or resource busy

cleanup done

=======================================================================================

midori 0.3.6 and jumanji not launching

-----

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/midori"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori"

[ START ]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

bin/midori: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (./run ) ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/midori': Device or resource busy

cleanup done

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/jumanji"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/jumanji=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/jumanji=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/jumanji"

[ START ]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

using latest libs!

attempt to start jumanji!

./jumanji.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

jumanji crashed!; retval = 1

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/jumanji': Device or resource busy

cleanup done

Claws Mail not lauching too :( with this new hotfix.

pndrun_*.out please.

these were helpfull to get what's wrong :

You can test it from a sdcard. This is how it is intended.
How? I had no option (to just start it) after booting from the SD-Card with the extracted content of archive on it.

btw.

As it seems charging won't stop after reaching 100% - or at least the red LED was not switched off.

Yes, you boot it from SD-Card, so where is the problem.

When BlueProtoman says, that he don't want to reflash to test it and loose all his customisations, it sounds to me, as he intended to overwrite his nand with it.

I can boot the image directly without installing it to a card? Because I really don't feel like doing that; the best way to test these sort of things is not, in my opinion, to simply check around for a few things once.

You need to run it from a SD-Card! How else would you do that?

I don't undestand your problem...

I think the issue is that EvilDragon has supplied this alpha version (as he normally does) in a FLASH ONLY format and not a bootable SD image. If you use this download you cannot run it from an SD card, as IT WILL ERASE YOUR NAND as ED says.

Here's the download: Zaxxon Hotfix 6 Alpha 1 Flash

As this is a full flash, it will delete all your personal settings and files that are stored on the NAND! Be sure you don't have anything important there!

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

If ED could provide the bootable SD card image in tar.bz aswell as this Flashing version, that would run say via Dave1234's SD Installer I am sure many more people will dive into the alpha/beta testing. I had lots of issue with HF5 and thus dont wish to erase my well set up HF4 install on the NAND to test this. If I can run it from a spare SD to test it and help find bugs..would be B)

[quote name='MarioPandio' timestamp='1307730373' post='69638'

If ED could provide the bootable SD card image in tar.bz aswell as this Flashing version, that would run say via Dave1234's SD Installer I am sure many more people will dive into the alpha/beta testing. I had lots of issue with HF5 and thus dont wish to erase my well set up HF4 install on the NAND to test this. If I can run it from a spare SD to test it and help find bugs..would be B)

Umm... those are always available at http://openpandora.org/firmware/

Even before I release the next testing version here, there are often inbetween-versions :)

Umm... those are always available at http://openpandora.org/firmware/

Even before I release the next testing version here, there are often inbetween-versions :)

*hears name mentioned*

*delurks*

For anyone who wants to try this, the SD installer can be found on my site here on in the repo here.

Tried it with HF6a1 earlier and it works fine.

pandora seemed to freeze after 100 percent charge, screen was blanked but the green low power light was on. had to remove battery to restart.

will see if this happens again

edit

seems charging in low power mode results in being unable to come out of low power mode when 100 percent is reached?

Thanks for that ED I had clearly misread this and wasn't trying to have a dig at mcobit either. Merely tying to clear up the confusion between BlueProtoman and mcobit, as it appeared your original link was indeed for flashing the NAND and not running from SD card. Great to know this is easily achieved via the new links images and of course that it works with Dave1234's. Feel more of a moron than usual now though for stating the bleeding obvious :p

pndrun_*.out please.

Sorry but I dont Know How use this command to show this information,

I am still learning about all of this. I only want help you

if you teach me I can do this.

pndrun_*.out please.

look in filessystem/temp should be a file called clawsmail.out, copy paste that

pndrun_*.out please.

look in filessystem/temp should be a file called clawsmail.out, copy paste that

Thanx for the info,now here you are the content:

PND : /media/32_GIGAS_SD/pandora/apps/claw-mail.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/32_GIGAS_SD/pandora/appdata/claw-mail

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : scripts/claws-mail.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/claw-mail"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/32_GIGAS_SD/pandora/appdata/claw-mail=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/claw-mail=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/claw-mail"

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/claws-mail.sh ) ----------

./bin/claws-mail: error while loading shared libraries: libenchant.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (scripts/claws-mail.sh ) ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/claw-mail': Device or resource busy

cleanup done

Return code is : 4

I Hope this be usefull :)

I'm glad that Links2 is now used! Wasn't expecting it, I must say. :) The choice makes sense to me because it's the only browser I've used on the Pandora that has never, ever crashed, and it is also the quickest. Midori 0.3.6 is really good, but it still crashes from time to time (as I reported in the GP32X thread), so it would make sense to give it time to get fixed rather than including a not-quite-stable browser in the OS.

ED, have you seen this topic from the other forum? I think this would be an easy way to fix the Pandora's wonky mousebuttons that make some programs unusable, and some people have other nice suggestions as well.

Also, I do hope that the broken opkg that makes it difficult to code on the Pandora will be fixed eventually. Apparently a few people are working on that who never visit the forums but are only on IRC, so I wish them luck.

Also, this annoying bug introduced in hotfix 5 is supposed to be simple to fix, at least I was told that a few months ago... any progress there?

Also, did you guys figure out why Thunar is buggy? Sometimes it won't let me select anything, and I have to restart it. Very annoying for the default file browser to be buggy.

Okay, so both ClawsMail and Midori fail because of missing libenchant. Easy fix, I'll put that back in the image :)

pandora seemed to freeze after 100 percent charge, screen was blanked but the green low power light was on. had to remove battery to restart.

will see if this happens again

edit

seems charging in low power mode results in being unable to come out of low power mode when 100 percent is reached?

Mine did the same for me when I left it charging last night. Not sure if its @ 100% because it was down to 90% when I finally got home from work at lunch and had to hold pandora button and flip power switch to do a hard restart. No need to remove battery.

Booted HF6 from SD card. Completed 1st boot wizard and played around a bit before I shutdown/powered-up again.

App icons did not show up on Desktop because default desktop icon size was 192. All icons appeared as soon as I lowered the icon size to a much smaller value (32). I don't know if I had caused this by mistake but if the default icon size really is 192 it should be made much smaller. Anyone encountered the same issue?

Back