Release Hotfix 6 Alpha 4 released

Sooo. Do I have to load each hotfix individually or are they culmative? i may have missed something while i was searching for it. :blink:

No, just grab that image, plop it on the root of your SD card, boot up your Pandora while holding R, and go nuts.

In addition to overclocking the CPU, you could overclock the RAM.

Has anyone tried this and had much success with it? I recall other things being on that clock domain, maybe some things that need to be at that clock to function properly..

Something else you could try is building a kernel with some of the errata-workarounds off and hope what you're running doesn't break.

I haven't tried it.  Most of the clock frequencies are actually set up in the uboot before the kernel loads.  The DM3730 is speced for 200MHz RAM (instead of 166MHz) but I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to use those timings with OMAP3530.

I haven't tried it. Most of the clock frequencies are actually set up in the uboot before the kernel loads. The DM3730 is speced for 200MHz RAM (instead of 166MHz) but I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to use those timings with OMAP3530.

But DM3730 isn't just an overclocked OMAP3530.. there's no way to even try running the SGX at 200MHz, for instance. DM3730 could be using different dividers derived from the L3 clock.

Hmm, my WIFI is painfully slow, on HF5 and HF6-A4, I get about 0.43 Mbit/s on Speedtest.net and about 80 kb/s in downloads (Peak), about 55 kb/s average.

Turning power managment off only seems to help with the ping, download speeds don't change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of surprised that this topic hasn't brought up one specific thing that I, and more than a few others, wish to see... proper ALSA/Bluetooth audio support. Could we get an update on whether or not that is being looked into at the moment? That is one of the main things limiting the usage of my Pandora, currently. Especially in situations like listening to music and chatting with pidgin.. if I open pidgin first, I can't listen to audio (ALSA functions like OSS and only allows one audio stream at a time). This is key for a multi-tasker. Any word on this would be appreciated...

word is, bluez will be included in Yar's, and as far as i know, we're in the last alpha or the last hotfix of the current OS, so next update should have it unless theres some changes im unaware of, would like to hear an update as well

But DM3730 isn't just an overclocked OMAP3530.. there's no way to even try running the SGX at 200MHz, for instance. DM3730 could be using different dividers derived from the L3 clock.
As far as I can tell, DPLL3 (CORE_CLK) works the same way, and the RAM is clocked at half this speed (L3_ICLK).  It's controlled by bits 16-26 of CM_CLKSEL1_PLL (0x48004D40).

Setting this is a little tricky, since it apparently needs to be done while the RAM is not being accessed.  Normally it happens in the bootloader before anything else.

Hmm, I don´t think the new charging procedure is working for me... battery capacity is 100% but it still shows charging at 190 mA (USB charging). Voltage reads 4.194 V

What are the default values right now?

The charging scripts didn't work for me, until I set the Lid-Close Settings to Low Power Mode when the lid is shut. Then when its on the charger, if the lid is closed the charging will stop at 100% and drop back down to say 85% then resume charging again. Perhaps try that out and see if it kicks in on your unit too?

As far as I can tell, DPLL3 (CORE_CLK) works the same way, and the RAM is clocked at half this speed (L3_ICLK). It's controlled by bits 16-26 of CM_CLKSEL1_PLL (0x48004D40).

Setting this is a little tricky, since it apparently needs to be done while the RAM is not being accessed. Normally it happens in the bootloader before anything else.

This isn't what I'm saying - I don't doubt that L3 and the RAM are clocked the same way. What I want to know is if every peripheral derived from L3 have the same divider options. Otherwise some peripherals won't like being overclocked. The clock tree is very complex (there's an spreadsheet or something for it) so it's something that should be carefully considered before you mess with the L3 clock.

This isn't what I'm saying - I don't doubt that L3 and the RAM are clocked the same way. What I want to know is if every peripheral derived from L3 have the same divider options. Otherwise some peripherals won't like being overclocked. The clock tree is very complex (there's an spreadsheet or something for it) so it's something that should be carefully considered before you mess with the L3 clock.

Hmm... Is there anything else driven from the L3 clock besides the SDRAM, NAND, and SGX?  Increasing the clock speed of the NAND controller should still be within spec.  I don't know what would happen with the SGX though.

Can there be any speculations on when this hotfix will be released in a "final" / "late beta" state?

I've installed the alpha to an SD card and use it daily for a week now. FBreader, Deadbeef, Chromium and Sega Genesis emulator work fine, all the controls and bluetooth work fine, the only thing that keeps crashing is Midori from Angstrom repo, but I think it's Midori's fault. Battery lasts for ~13 hours on, of which maybe four the device is actually used - wifi or bluetooth, music, books and games.

Should almost just call it 'final' as is, and make another one if we get additional changes in; I mean, this one has been sitting around long enough and stable enough as is ;)

jeff

I started a poll about setting mouse buttons as ABXY :

I suffered so much today, i have to ask for it again...

Sometimes i have to click more than 10 times to open a simple menu...

And i often give up and use the touchscreen.

Event if i think buttons should have been the obvious default choice, at least, please give us the choice...

I really suffer from that, and, according to the poll results, i'm not alone :( .

I started a poll about setting mouse buttons as ABXY :

I suffered so much today, i have to ask for it again...

Sometimes i have to click more than 10 times to open a simple menu...

And i often give up and use the touchscreen.

Event if i think buttons should have been the obvious default choice, at least, please give us the choice...

I really suffer from that, and, according to the poll results, i'm not alone :( .

For what it's worth, it's possible to set up a couple of button shortcuts to switch the gaming buttons between their existing functions and mouse click functions. I've got my Pandora set up to use A and B as left and right click respectively, while Y and X are still PageUp/PageDown respectively, but with the click of a shortcut, I can change them back for game/emulator compatibility.

i wonder if its possible to have the pnd switch the nubs to gaming mode when launched then switched back when you quit the game?

DarkLink -- pnds can do that now if they like (if they're smart), and in latest hotfix if you're on top of some trickery, you can force games to do it as well. (ie: in latest hotfix beta, you can set up on a per-app basis a pre-run and post-run job-script; if you're not on top of scripting, you can get someone to give you scripts to do this sort of thing for you .. one hotfix solidifies maybe someone will distribute a pack of useful pre- and post- script, or maybe we'll include them in the firmware itself..)

jeff

Back