Release Hotfix 6 Final released!

I gather that you need to reinstall the Community Codec Pack after updating - that's why you lost NTFS support. I would wager that you no longer have media-playing capability right now, too. :p

It charges full 100% but it seems the battery drains quickly.

I doubt you will get 10+ battery life out of pandora,this need to be sorted out soon,battery only lasts 1 or 2 hours.

Does anyone how to get the battery last longer more than 2 hours.

I have done these settings cpu settings: (opp level 5) mimimum maximum allowed mhz (max 1035-min 125).

Lcd settings: gamma (tv gamma).

Lid settings: go into low power mode.

Cpu speed: 600mhz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have done these settings cpu settings: (opp level 5) mimimum maximum allowed mhz (max 1035-min 125).
You do know what the "opp level" stands for, right? It basically tells how much voltage the CPU gets. The higher this level, the higher the battery drain. Which is the reason why the default is *NOT* this high! Go for the default values and you will get more decent battery times out of the pandora! You should really switch back to the default of 3. Especially since a higher voltage can significantly shorten the lifetime of your pandoras CPU (as was displayed in the message when you changed the setting!).

Beside this the brightness setting is important. The higher the display brightness, the more energy the display backlight requires. So if you are playing in a closed room, possibly when it is a little darker, try to reduce the display brightness (fn+u).

I doubt you will get 10+ battery life out of pandora,this need to be sorted out soon,battery only lasts 1 or 2 hours.

Mine is running a full day (from 10am till 10pm) on HF7a2 with a single charge, no problem here.

With WiFi, it goes down to about 8 hours, with standard brightness and 700 MHz (OPP3).

With higher OPP, WiFi and full brightness it probably goes down to 6 hours, but it shouldn't be 1-2 hours.

However, as said, there was a bug in HF6 that's not fixed in HF7a2 which causes the issue for some that the battery can't be fully charged.

Maybe this all adds up for you.

Mine is running a full day (from 10am till 10pm) on HF7a2 with a single charge, no problem here.

With WiFi, it goes down to about 8 hours, with standard brightness and 700 MHz (OPP3).

With higher OPP, WiFi and full brightness it probably goes down to 6 hours, but it shouldn't be 1-2 hours.

However, as said, there was a bug in HF6 that's not fixed in HF7a2 which causes the issue for some that the battery can't be fully charged.

Maybe this all adds up for you.
Ok ed i will do the settings and see how long the battery will last.

I'm very surprised your pandora battery lasts long even with wi-fi and full brightness.

My battery charges full 100% is that good or bad,usually when battery charges upto 100% with any device it's an excellent battery life and means battery is fully charged.

I will keep you posted how battery lasts with correct settings.

Back