How Do I Activate The Video Out?

WizardStan said:
The site that was posted somewhere in this thread didn't have such a minimum. It had a minimum basket value of $35 for those from the US, which worked out to about 50 pieces, but otherwise no minimum. Where did you get a quote from?
I'm still waiting for the quote (split pack issue), but these guys have 4000+ in stock and would/will ship on day-of-purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
what price are you looking at for 500?

Part of me wants to make up the other half of the split pack, but the more rational side of me says that if there's going to be another 500 out the in the community then the market will be saturated before they even get to store!

I'm confused though if they have them in stock why they're only willing to sell in such high volumes? Are you sure you're not being b*llshitted?

Pleng said:
what price are you looking at for 500?

Part of me wants to make up the other half of the split pack, but the more rational side of me says that if there's going to be another 500 out the in the community then the market will be saturated before they even get to store!

I'm confused though if they have them in stock why they're only willing to sell in such high volumes? Are you sure you're not being b*llshitted?
Brokers try not to split packs, usually because of the problems of having to bake ICs from split packs before reflowing them. It's not (usually!) a problem with connectors, but habits are hard to break. Also they then have to (depending on the packaging) find some other way of re-packing some them for shipping. And to add to that, if they are reeled, you don't want to split the reel!
I'm sure they're not BSing me... They have nothing to gain from it.
The price I'm looking at is ~£.454 each not including P&P. But that depends on the quantity. I'll try poking them again later this pm to see if they've got anywhere with the split pack!

ok good luck. you're searching skills are far better than mine! :)

500 MOQ, no split packs available. End of that for now!

They have pricing for 110, but they only accept orders in lot sizes of 500? That seems odd.

WizardStan said:
They have pricing for 110, but they only accept orders in lot sizes of 500? That seems odd.
I know, especially as they apparently have >4000 in stock in the US. The only thing I can think is this is a teaser to get people to at least get quotes from them.

joseluisjazz said:
Link is broken/removed from their site. <_<
It works for me:
Code:
Quantity	110	2200+ 	2500+ 
Price USD $	$0.711	$0.640	$0.599
Price GBP £	£0.443	£0.399	£0.374
Price EURO €	€0.508	€0.457	€0.428
Your savings	- 	10%	16%

Higher price breaks may be available on request – please contact us

Part Number: 	1717169-2
Manufacturer: 	Tyco AMP
Description:	PLUG ASSY FOR CRADLE CABLE

currently no, because it was assumed that someone else was going to do it. Then that person vanished and no one was able to take on the role. I was hoping Craig would start selling them on the spare parts list, but after several pokes he hasn't responded at all if that is even a possibility.
I would do it but as a non-USAian I'd have to buy $100 worth of parts, and I'm not sure if we want 150 connectors or not.

WizardStan: +1

I was think many time if I could order connectors myself. Only thin that stop me is that I don't want to double-cross Zevdawg - I ask him for 20 pcs. On other side, Zevdawg is not communicate for long time. And then this 8 weeks leading time (sounds like Two month (TM) :-/ ). Damned situation.

$100 (plus some postage) is not small amount, but I can make such investment freely - if I have chance to sell unnecessary connectors (about 130 pcs). I settle in EU - Czech. Standard postage should be about $3 - $5. OPT should clearly say if they will sell those connectors or not. I'm afraid that they still haven't any and that those connectors is not so easy get in such small amount as we all needed.

EDIT: I'll try to ask EvilDragon directly by PM if they have some planes about this:
Hi EvilDragon!

Sorry to wasting You time :) Please, can You clearly say if You (OPT) plane to sell EXT port connectors? We discus in how-do-i-activate-the-video-out thread about ordering connectors from 3rd party distributor (but $100 minimum order ~ cca 130). Please answer directly to linked thread or to me. We like to know if we have to order on our own or if we can order them from Your shop at reasonable time.
I can do this bulk order in 3rd party shop, but I don't like ending with dozen of dozen connectors lost in central EU - if You plane to sell them :)

Thank You a lot for short and clear answer :)

And one more think: Canguy had to order some for his. And I look back and spotted that nobody ask him for some spare (not publicly). So Canguy, have You any for sale? :)

I try to order from onlinecomponents. Postage shoul be added before payment (order confirmation), but it was indicated as 0. So I'm unsure and stop the order. I hope that ED will get OPT statement soon. Next week I will get money from job, so I can make order.

Code:
Shipping Information:
This entire order will be shipped using the following method: UPS World Wide Expedited
Shipping costs will be added to the invoice.
Order will consolidate my shipment into 1 location and freight will only be charged once.(Can take up to 7 to 10 business days for delivery.)

100 pcs	$0.851 	$85.100
Sub-Total: 	$85.100 (USD)
Shipping:	$0.000 (USD)
Tax: 	$0.000 (USD)
Total: 	$85.100 (USD)

I just realize this (so I worried that shipping could be quite expensive without warning :-/ ):

Shipping Information

Onlinecomponents.com ships from several distribution centers across the United States. For this reason we cannot estimate the shipping charge for your order. The shipping charge will be assessed at time of shipment based on the weight and shipping method. The shipping amount will be added to your final invoice.
You may also use your carrier account number.

EvilDragon posted on 08 November 2010 - 10:14 PM said:
peca posted on 05 November 2010 - 04:31 PM said:
---snipped-see-above---
Hiya!
I don't know if we plan to sell them, as Craig and Fatih handles all that stuff... :(
---
Damn. :-(
Maybe time to negotiate with 3rd party connector resellers... And time to go to bed - nearly midnight here.

Looks like i'll have to order some myself then. I live in the states, and have some money I could burn. I am at work right now, so i'll have to look into it when I get off and let you all know how it goes.

edit-still looking, these things are difficult to find instock.

Seems to be a UK seller aswell here http://www.applegate.co.uk/listings/stock/tencell-ltd/tyco-amp-plug-assy/1717169-2-1380537.html

http://www.tencell.com/1717169-2-p-69041.html

£ 0.448 per 110 = £ 43

minimum order = $300 'if outside UK'

May only ship to businesses but I'm not sure on that.

I'll contact them to see if they have any available.

Back