How Do I Activate The Video Out?

Pleng said:
I'll contact them to see if they have any available.

Any luck Pleng? I figured you can use Panda USB due to your connection with the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we (ok, I :) ) should start a www.kickstarter.com project for getting the funds together to buy the 500 MOQ? Any thoughts anyone?

The trouble I have is that Im only interested in purchasing if "I'm" the only one who has a decent amount available... there's not much point in Panda-USB taking on 500 if it means there's another 500 out there in 'the community'. Kind of takes the potential market away.

Believe me I searched high and low for these parts. I came across one company tht had them in stock but only sold to large firms on contracts... all others listed them as in stock but actually needed to confer and then find out that they cant get them.

Pleng, try these guys?
This is where zevdawg was originally going to get them (I think) before disappearing off the face of the Earth. 2 month lead time, but there doesn't appear to be any MOQ (other than $35 total shopping cart for US citizens and $100 for everyone else).
If you or your friend don't feel it's worth the chance (and I wouldn't blame you) I'll buy 150 of them to sell myself. But if your friend thinks she can turn a profit, go right ahead, I'll wait.

Well I just placed an order for 50 with an 8 week lead time.

Now, just gotta wait...

...I wish I would have ordered 8 weeks ago :/

WizardStan said:
Are 50 going to be enough?

Apparently not.. I just received this message in my email..

Item # 1717169-2 has a 2200 pcs Minimum Order Qty per the factory.

We would need an order for at least 1000pcs to backorder this item, we are willing to keep the remaining pieces in stock.

We will cancel the order at this time, if you can increase the Qty you may resubmit the order at anytime.

1,000? LMAO! Yeah right... not gonna happen

Edit- I just sent an email to tyco support to get an answer on this.

Had a feeling something like this might happen.

Do we know of any other devices that used the connector in the past? Maybe we could find a batch of cables where these plugs have already been used lying around somewhere?

Pleng said:
Had a feeling something like this might happen.

Do we know of any other devices that used the connector in the past? Maybe we could find a batch of cables where these plugs have already been used lying around somewhere?

Pleng, I just found another distributor that has 70 of them instock. I just sent out a quote for all 70, will update this post with any info I get.

70? Hmm that number sounds VERY familiar. If that's the one I'm thinking of they'll come back to you saying something like 'we only sell to resellers'. To which I came back with 'I am a reseller and I want to purchase them. Are you going to sell them to me?' and the response was something along the lines of 'No'.

But good luck with it anyway :D

Another thought I had was to see if we can't get a few of the parts from OPT directly as they apparently have them. I sent an email to Jacqueline but got no response other than 'Ill ask crag and get back to you'. Might have more luck with ED. As I have no more interest in reselling them I'm not going to bother him with it. So I'll leave it to somebody else.

Unfortunately, we cannot sell to individuals. We are only authorized to sell to other companies, distributors, OEM's etc

The issue is more that we cannot ship parts to a residential address

Your memory serves you well. I'll see if I can order through my place of work. :)

If the issue is they can't ship to residential, could they ship to a commercial building? I've had stuff shipped to my office before.

edit: I swear I only saw Pleng's responses... Good luck Mofokubik!

We have 14,500 pieces of this connector. I imagine Craig will want to sell them off as extras at some point. They're still in boxes at the factory or he would probably offer then on his parts page already so if you guys can't get what you need on your own, there will be an option eventually.

Well there will also be cables eventually. The whole reason we're trying to source the connectors is due to a lack of cables. If Craig has 14,500 connectors I suggest he might want to think about selling them as spares sooner rather than later. There's certainly a lot of interest!

WizardStan said:
If the issue is they can't ship to residential, could they ship to a commercial building? I've had stuff shipped to my office before.
Well I requoted the parts from the company I work for and now they're telling me that someone else has them on order, so they can't sell them to me anyway. What a kick in the nuts.

MWeston, stop it, you're making me drool :eek:

I sent an email to Ed inquiring about the connectors. I hope you guys can spare 50ish...

MWeston said:
if you guys can't get what you need on your own, there will be an option eventually.
Dude, we've been discussing buying these for months, often asking if OPT was planning on selling them, and now when we're once again on the verge of ordering some, we found out you've got thousands? That's just teasing! :p

Well, they are supposed to be for A/V cables but I seriously doubt we are going to make over 14,000 cables. At the same time, it isn't like we want to start handing these out and have people cancel cable orders when we are trying to get cables with as low of minimums as possible. I think the minimum still exceeds the number of cables that are ordered by a fair bit.

Back