How Do I Activate The Video Out?

How about refunding all the cable orders, selling the connectors for, say £2 a pop, and leaving it to the community to sort out the cables between themselves?

Pleng said:
How about refunding all the cable orders, selling the connectors for, say £2 a pop, and leaving it to the community to sort out the cables between themselves?

Agreed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't like that. The TV cable being ordered is way spiffier than anything I could come up with, it's something I wouldn't have any problem demonstrating it's usability to friends and family to convince them to buy; I would hesitate to show off my spliced together A/V cable for fear it would drive some of them to thinking they have to build things themselves. Also it feels like it would be more solid, with its moulded plastic housing.
I just want a half dozen connectors so I can dangle some extra wires out the back and build my Frankendora.

While you not be able to, I'm sure there are people around that have the ability to manufacture small runs of high quality cables. I'd have commissioned a small electronics firm to do a short run myself, if Panda-USB was still going.

I suppose my opinion is slightly tainted by the fact that a the proposed 10ft cable sounds like a monstrosity to me, and if it were the toss up between that being the only option, or a hacky looking community-built breakout cable allowing me to add my own (appropriately sized fr given purpose) standard phono cables, I'd easily go for the second option. I'm not particularly in to showing my Pandora to other people anyway.

I sent an email to Ed a few days ago, also sent him a PM on the official forums. No answer yet.

I'm sure he's too busy ATM to worry about it right now. ;)

@MWeston: How about having the option to have an extra connector (or two, that would be nice and would allow you to still sell probaply 5000 (4833 if everybody wants two connectors) TV-out cables before running out of connectors) delivered when ordering a TV-out cable? Bundling them together you'd get more sales of the TV-out cable, not less. With this system I'd order one immediately (its a "nice to have" for me), but what I really want is those connectors for making my pandora-related mods.

EDIT: I'm suggesting this only to allow the initial batch of TV-out cables to be built, eg. to get the order quantity to meet MOQ of the manufacturer, or atleast with a bit less gap. After the initial batch of TV-out cables are sold and delivered I'd suggest to allow the leftover connectors to be sold freely, of course.

ED said:
Just a quick video showing the quality of the upcoming TV Out Cable.

Upcoming TV Out cable! :lol:

It's so close I can taste it

please excuse my excitement

Last edited by a moderator:
Back