How Many People Are Really Committed To Buy?

Are you going to buy a Pandora?

• Yes, I will buy MULTIPLE Pandoras the moment they become avaiable.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, My money is in my left hand and my right hand will be refreshing my screen for the next 24 hour

• Yes, but I'm not worried about a sell out, I'll get one tomorrow or the next day. Whatever.

• Yes but i don't have the money right now, I'll prob buy one in the next 2 weeks.

• Yes, I'll get one but I want to wait till the second batch in case there are problems.

• No, I'm not interested in the Pandora right now, maybe after I see what it can do, I'll think about

• No, I think the Pandora is crap, I'll never buy one.

• Total voters

MonkeyChops

NO! I don't play basketball
Hopefully this poll will give us an idea of how fast it will really sell out.

-Damn, I spelled committed wrong, can someone fix that? [Done - Tobriand]

MonkeyChops said:
Yes, My money is in my left hand and my right hand will be refreshing my screen for the next 24 hours!
This poll is unfair to lefties!

Last edited by a moderator:
we had ALOT of these topics already, they won't really tell the truth... just wait and see...
I will buy the first pandora and if I like it I will try to buy every following revision.

Squidge said:
and has been asked and answered multiple times....

I know its been asked before but since its so close to the pre-order and people have probably made up their minds by now for good, one way or the other, I thought it might be useful.
Fair enough - Squidge.

I'm really wondering how many other people are prepared to preorder. The biggest poll I've seen has only 50 people saying they'll definitely get one. That's hardly any!

I really want to pre-order, but I don't have the money right now... Hopefully they won't be completely ordered by the 9th, which is when I get paid next. Btw, is there a length for the pre-orders? Like will it only last for 2 weeks or until all 3000 are ordered?

mazza558 said:
I'm really wondering how many other people are prepared to preorder. The biggest poll I've seen has only 50 people saying they'll definitely get one. That's hardly any!
Yea, the way i see it, you'd have to know how many registered users visit this forum in a said amount of time. Take that number and calculate how long it would take to have every registered user visit the forum. Take that time and divide it by how long the poll has gone on and take that number and multiply it into the results. and then of course you would have to add a percent for the people that aren't registered users that are planning on buying.

It will be a very crude estimate at best but it interest me because I do estimating for a living.

@Shadow - I just pulled that 2 weeks thing out of my butt, as far as i know there is no time limit on the pre-orders.

Just want to point out there's going to be lurkers out there who may be buying but aren't going to bother voting, i.e. me and I'm not doing that to be awkward, just telling it how its is. Not trying to criticise, but polls like this just aren't of any use if your trying gauge numbers...even if its just for a rough estimate. All you can do is make a guesstimate based on any number of variables, not exactly accurate.

MonkeyChops said:
@Shadow - I just pulled that 2 weeks thing out of my butt, as far as i know there is no time limit on the pre-orders.
Yeah, I was just using it as an example... I haven't heard a time limit, but I have to wonder how that will work...

I think the multiple order is pretty unfair ,i mean i really dont know if these will sell out in seconds but its unfair on those who just want 1,i know that if multiple orders are like 3 ,then thats understandable that they will prolly be for individual people,example friends or family members ,but 5,6 or 10 ? i hope this isnt allowed ,and i guess multiple orders should only be available after a 1 week period where everyone else has had a chance to preorder,means if i preorder 5,i would get an email telling me ,fine the order is standing by and wont be reserved untill the first 5 days have passed.

i know you all prolly dont agree with me ,but i think its much more fair
on everyone ,and the entire 3000 will sell without doubt anyway ,so theres no need to snap up all the multiple orders so quickly.

Well I can see why they don't want to limit the multiple orders, they do want to sell them all and there is no guaranteeing that they will sell out.

However, I don't think they should let people buy more than 5 or 10 either. I'm going to be pissed if I can't get one because a bunch of ebay flippers bought them by the hundreds.

They have said they they would limit the multiple orders if demand gets too high. So as long as you don't wait too long, you prob have no worries.

I wasssss going to pre-order one, if it was not for the fact that I need another phone. By luck I was able to use a (prototype of) the Sony Ericsson X1 smartphone for a few hours, and damn, that is one hell of a phone. :D
The X1 sure is expensive though, so I will not pre-order the Pandora, putting 250 Euro's away for a thing I haven't seen or touched is pretty silly, especially when you're sure you won't in the first 2 months either.

Anyway, I wish everyone here best of luck, and may the e-bay resellers pre-ordering multiple pandora's suffer in hell. :angry:

Yes, My money is in my left hand and my right hand will be refreshing my screen for the next 24 hours! [44.53%]

lol its good to know im not the only paranoid person :lol:

bazt said:
Just want to point out there's going to be lurkers out there who may be buying but aren't going to bother voting, i.e. me and I'm not doing that to be awkward, just telling it how its is. Not trying to criticise, but polls like this just aren't of any use if your trying gauge numbers...even if its just for a rough estimate. All you can do is make a guesstimate based on any number of variables, not exactly accurate.
Yes I suppose "guesstimate" would be a better word for it. If I had some kind of percent for lurkers I could be more accurate but there are some assumptions you can make from this poll.

Nearly 80% of the people voting are ready to buy right now. There are around 15000 members on gp32, round that to 10000 (pulled this number from my butt) for actual active users and say roughly half of those are interested in the pandora. Then I'd guess that the "80% buy now" number is too high since those numbers come from users interested enough to "hang out" in the pandora forum. So, I'd cut that number in half also. So say 40% of 5000, which I'm sure is high but prob not to crazy if you assume that accounts for the lurkers and such.

So my "guesstimate", my very-crude-pull-numbers-out-of-my-butt guesstimate says that 2000 units will sell in the first day or 2.

Who thinks I'm crazy? :D

Back