How much android are you going to use?

Will you buy the successor if it does not have official android support (ekianjo)

• Yes

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Ah right, someone has a mystical P2 in there hands right now that they are working to tune Dolphin and Dreamcast Emu's on so that they are ready for launch. I guess I don't need a crystal ball to know to that's not the case
I guess you don't know about PPSSPP: open source development, portable on all platforms, running very well on ARM-based devices, who needs to have a Pandora to develop these kind of things ? If it's based on Linux it will run on it. As simple as that. you don't need to have a P2 to develop software for it, I guess you don't understand that part. And ARM hardware is in no way specific to Pandora. 

I don't care about having an up to date Android os... I just want to be able to run all my software on one device.... That's also why I've been pushing for a wacom digitizer to be included.
Please push for Windows8, for Firefox OS, for Tizen OS as well then. Why stop at Android ?  
I don't think you can honestly tell me those 2 EMu's are going to be sitting there ready for Launch of the P2, fully tuned to run there best on the

HW chosen, after all we could be on x86 for all we know.

Drastic didn't appear until well after the launch of the Pandora , so I wont be holding my breath for Dolphin and Dreamcast Emu's that work well on a P2 right at launch

Of course I know about apkenv and have updated my post before yours was made because I predicted the reaction. "Incomplete" may not be the right term if only a few games are supported at all and only in specific versions and every new one has to get special support added manually, it seems more like porting to me.

Drastic didn't appear until well after the launch of the Pandora , so I wont be holding my breath for Dolphin and Dreamcast Emu's that work well on a P2 right at launch
If the are developed for other platforms before the P2 comes out, why not ? Again, look at PPSSPP, not developed FOR Pandora, but running very well on it, adn still showing great performance increases every couple of months.  

There's really no reason people working on emulators will stop in the meantime. Other platforms want them too. 

Of course I know about apkenv and have updated my post before yours was made because I predicted the reaction. "Incomplete" may not be the right term if only a few games are supported at all and only in specific versions and every new one has to get special support added manually, it seems more like porting to me.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not really porting per se, but it does feel like it a bit. 

^ Basing the decision on what we know for sure and not fanciful hope re: those EMU's , then the decision for me would be no on a P2 without Android.

Lets face it, those EMU's you mention would push or exceed the limits of a snapdragon 800 SOC, we might end up with a RK3188 which wont be powerfull enough to run them.  I don't think you understood this point. 

Second, they could only write/optimise these EMUS if the HW is in existance that the code they produce will run on successfully.  ie even though you may be able to write code that will run on any ARM HW, you need to know the code will work properly  on the current HW thats out on the market before you write it.  Since the EMUs need a S800 probably - if not more, and the S800 has just come out, its unlikely someone will have those EMU's ready anywhere near the time of launch of the P2. It would take years of work to do them. And that's if they are working on it right now, if those EMU's are even possible on a S800 and also if the P2 has a S800 , that's a lot of if's 

Anyway, without Android as an option, I would not be able to play any of the kickass Android games that are out now and are coming in the future.  I would be locked out of the biggest growing gaming environment . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the apps I use don't need to be online or updated.

If I had a physical kill switch for 3G, and was able to completely hibernate my apps when not in use... back them up, and disable updates from the play store then I would feel free enough from that system.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could explore a new app of interest on one of my other 'contaminated' devices... and if it was acceptable I could back it up and copy onto my P2.

I couldn't read through the whole thread due to limited time.

To answer your Question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-UfICTN1M

There are so any real great 3D Android Games I want to play.

As processors are getting better I see a lot potential for the Android gaming market.

Also with 4G maybe Dungeon Defenders 2 mobile I'd play a lot Android.

Especially with physical Keyboard.

I only want android just to play Carmageddon XD

Last edited by a moderator:
ZfLCbDJ20Q.png

Must focis, android pc pleas.

Reactions: Ziz
Back