How to calculate a price for the Pyra

I'm just interested in a price, I have 500 ready if the day comes, Dont know if i'm willing to pay more for a Pyra unit at this time.

And when we can start bying (or pre-order) them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some money from stock exange, (german telekom) so i think my Pyra also shouldnd be a money problem..
Well, if you're living in Germany, you're lucky anyway: You can do flexible rate payment in my shop, i.e. 25 EUR per month or pay 100 EUR upfront and the rest whenever you like :)

Like i said: got some money from the german telekom stock, so i think i can easely by the wole pyra in one peace

Just made the mass produktion as long i have money..

Strange: some weeks ago, when i bought the Revo K101 + GBA, the Pyra Mug and the GBA Link Cable, this new Payment System ditnt workd for me (i wantet bank transfer), so i dit manuel Money Transfer at my Bank the next morning bevore Work..

Good thing my bank have a Terminal and i can write 10 Finger Blind....

Strange: some weeks ago, when i bought the Revo K101 + GBA, the Pyra Mug and the GBA Link Cable, this new Payment System ditnt workd for me (i wantet bank transfer), so i dit manuel Money Transfer at my Bank the next morning bevore Work..

Good thing my bank have a Terminal and i can write 10 Finger Blind....
What problem did you have?

Have you chosen Klarna as checkout system?

Got some money from stock exange, (german telekom) so i think my Pyra also shouldnd be a money problem..
Well, if you're living in Germany, you're lucky anyway: You can do flexible rate payment in my shop, i.e. 25 EUR per month or pay 100 EUR upfront and the rest whenever you like :)
Can only people living in Germany do this?
Yes, it's not supported in other countries.

500 to 530 Euro, so what are we looking at for US prices ?  $600USD or is it more?

500 to 530 Euro, so what are we looking at for US prices ?  $600USD or is it more?
The euro is tanking, currently 500 Euro is 559 USD
Yes, but I guess the price of most components will be in USD, so if the euro becomes weaker, it won't really make the Pyra cheaper for Americans, it will just make it more expensive for Europeans :(

Components might be priced in USD (although I suspect with a lot of them coming from the far east, they'll sell them in whatever currency you want if you buy enough), but assembly will be priced in EUR.  And the necessary cost of recouping R&D costs.  It doesn't really affect me, as most of my money is in the (relatively, temporarily) mighty GBP, not your puny overseas currencies ;)

Price it competitively with smartphones and tablet, and you may have a bestseller. Price it too high and it won't sell. So please ,think of us consumers that can't afford very expensive tech, and put it into the price range of $200 dollars. I would use it and not get a nintendo console. thanks.
This is a niche market, not a mass production like phones or commercial systems.  Sorry but this needs to be a best possible product, not a cut rate thing so a couple more people can buy it at the expense of everyone else's usability. It will never be $200.

You would likely be happier with your nintendo, to be blunt.

I would be good up to $700

1.  That post is over a year old.   That person might not check in here anymore.

2.  I am guessing 1997 is the year of birth of that person, and in addition to not understanding that the Pyra is a niche product that can't be cheaper unless it somehow sells millions of units (so good job there), there is a good chance they don't have a lot of personal disposable income.  They want it cheap so that they can afford it, regardless of whatever else they mentioned (I do too, but I have half the money set aside already, and will probably be able to get the rest when needed for preorder).

3.  I will use my Pyra for Nintendo games.

1. That post is over a year old. That person might not check in here anymore.

2. I am guessing 1997 is the year of birth of that person, and in addition to not understanding that the Pyra is a niche product that can't be cheaper unless it somehow sells millions of units (so good job there), there is a good chance they don't have a lot of personal disposable income. They want it cheap so that they can afford it, regardless of whatever else they mentioned (I do too, but I have half the money set aside already, and will probably be able to get the rest when needed for preorder).

3. I will use my Pyra for Nintendo games.
1. Maybe this thread shouldn't be stickied anymore then.

2. Likely

3. Good for you

The thread is stickied so that people can know and understand what the price of the Pyra will be.  It may end up being more expensive if the Euro continues as it has.

Hello,

I read rhe calculation and its ok.

At last we have 402euro. Thats what im willing to pay.

But then comes the last point. The resellers (thinkgeek etc). They want to make money and Ed dont want sell under their prices. So the pyra will go up to 499euro. Thats a price I dont want to pay.

400 is ok. Ed will also make money here.

But 500 is too expensive. And tgis just because of the resellers. I dont care of them. Its not our problem how they make money. Im not willing to pay 100euro more because of this.

Its not a moneyproblem. I can also buy 100pyras if I want.

But 500 is too expensive. Far too expensive. I also have family. I could not explain 500 to them.

So of thinkgeek has a problem with 400, thats not our problem. Sell it for 400 and I will get one.

And I really want to get one.

Back