How to calculate a price for the Pyra

No, we dont sell for MSRP. We dont even have a MSRP. We calculate our prices at your own.
Won't change the price ED will sell his Pyra's to customers.

"The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), list price or recommended retail price (RRP) of a product is the price at which the manufacturer recommends that the retailer sell the product. The intention was to help to standardise prices among locations."

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much, as it would lower my profit and increase the price of the Pyra. The price calculation is a mixture of sales via my shop and sales via resellers. I expect to sell at least half of the units via my shop, thus I also get the reseller profit here (which is needed as I need to get back the development costs as well). If I sell ALL of them via resellers, I'd have less profit and need to increase the overall price to get these development costs back. Is that what you want? I'm not really sure what issues at all you have. You don't want me to make a higher reseller price to be able to make it profitable for other resellers. But you want me to NOT sell the units via my shop but only via resellers, thus making it less profitable for me but it won't lower the sales price at all. Where is the use in that?

Ok... 

You never said that you need the higher profit you make with the "resellerprice" if you sell to customers. 

I thought your calculation is more or less complete! 

You also never said that you want to sell at least the half of Pyras from your own shop. 

You were just complaining about high shipping costs, long delivery times, about weee registration costs, about sending batteries to US, about service times etc etc. 

You also said that you wont sell to a country if there is a reseller. I thought you dont want to sell yourself; I thought you want resellers; the more the better. 

And now you want to sell at least the half of all Pyras at your own shop? 

No you not only want it, you need it because you need the money! 

Ed... until your last post you only told us the half truth. 

I dont know what to say now. 

I think you should rewrite your calculation... 

digging-yourself-deeper-47993539469.png

You're doing great.

It's common knowledge that you need to get the development costs back at some time.

But even without that knowledge, it still wouldn't have changed anything.

Just ignore that and take a look at your "new solution" (with me not selling it myself to end customers but through distributors):

With another distributor in between, you wouldn't have lowered the price, just given me less profit as I don't sell them on my own.

So your solution to "lower the price" would've been another fake one. It wouldn't lower the price. Even if I did not plan to get the development costs back.

So far, you're trying to tell me I should not raise the price because of other resellers, but all your "solutions" have not shown any way to NOT do that.

All your solutions simply show that you haven't even understood the first post and none of the explanations I gave to you later (whereas everyone else here posting in this thread seems to have understood it).

If you are NOT able to give me a proper solution where you explain how resellers will be able to sell the unit for the same price as I do if that's the price they buy it for, then there's no need for a further discussion, I guess.

No, we dont sell for MSRP. We dont even have a MSRP. We calculate our prices at your own.
Ok, so? EvilDragon does. He's given a tentative MSRP. He intends to charge that amount. If other reseslers want to sell for more or less than that that's their prerogative.If you want to buy a bunch and undercut him you go right ahead. If you want to charge more then you can do that too, you know your market better and maybe it's worth it.

You're still an idiot, you don't even know what you're arguing against.

If you would read my posts it would be easier.
Uh huh. It couldn't possibly be that you're wrong. No, several people, including the manufacturer of the device, are telling you you're wrong, but it's my fault for not reading what you've written.The stupid just keeps growing.

Ed... until your last post you only told us the half truth.
No, he told the whole truth from the start. That's the problem, you're too stupid to handle the truth. He told you how businesses operate and you're all "blah, raising prices, radda radda".

OK, can we now stop this silly discussion where some people seem to think that A=B+C is something completely different than B=A-C, or maybe even C=A-B?

Can we move on to more interesting things?

There will be two models of the Pyra: one with and one without 3/4G. If there are two models anyway, can/should they have other differences too (wifi 5GHz, eMMC size, ...), so their prices would also differ more? I would be interested to know ED's opinion on that.

OK, can we now stop this silly discussion where some people seem to think that A=B+C is something completely different than B=A-C, or maybe even C=A-B?

Can we move on to more interesting things?

There will be two models of the Pyra: one with and one without 3/4G. If there are two models anyway, can/should they have other differences too (wifi 5GHz, eMMC size, ...), so their prices would also differ more? I would be interested to know ED's opinion on that.
Let me understand, do you say there should be 2 models with A LOT of difference (like not just 3/4G-LTE but also 5 GHz) or lots of different Pyra models? Second one seems like a bit silly, as ED won't be able to sell em' all ® but also there are some people like me (I hope) who want 5 GHz WiFi chip and 3/4G but don't care about eMMC size.

It's common knowledge that you need to get the development costs back at some time.

But even without that knowledge, it still wouldn't have changed anything.

Just ignore that and take a look at your "new solution" (with me not selling it myself to end customers but through distributors):

With another distributor in between, you wouldn't have lowered the price, just given me less profit as I don't sell them on my own.

So your solution to "lower the price" would've been another fake one. It wouldn't lower the price. Even if I did not plan to get the development costs back.

So far, you're trying to tell me I should not raise the price because of other resellers, but all your "solutions" have not shown any way to NOT do that.

All your solutions simply show that you haven't even understood the first post and none of the explanations I gave to you later (whereas everyone else here posting in this thread seems to have understood it).
Ed.. dont drive me crazy! 

THE DEVELOPEMENT COSTS YOU ALREADY CALCULATED IN !!!! 

Its the very first point in your calculation!

Now you want them to calculate a second time! Why the hell??? 

And I never said that you should not sell yourself! You just thought that! I dont know why. 

Even in my example with fixed single distributors in different countrys you would sell for yourself for Germany and maybe other Countrys near Germany. 

I also told that in my text! I never said you should not sell anymore! 

And you dont understand me till now I see. Again: 

Its a difference if you sell to reseller and give them discount because they buy much at once and holding the price high because of resellers! 

If you dont understand this, I cant help you... 

And Ed.... 

There cant be any proper solution for the price if you even yourself dont know what you want to do! How can I make a proper solution for you? 

You said so many things here and later they were not true anymore. 

You changed your mind about the service time 4 times here in this thread! 

You said the developement costs were calculated and now they arent?! 

You said you wont sell to customers in a country if a reseller sits there and now you want?!

You said you want resellers because of weee registration, delivery costs and time, service etc and now you want to sell yourself?! 

I gave you a wonderful suggestion with fixed dealers in different countrys; that would make much things easier because you complained a lot of things. 

You didnt want it and you said you want to sell yourself. 

If you are NOT able to give me a proper solution where you explain how resellers will be able to sell the unit for the same price as I do if that's the price they buy it for, then there's no need for a further discussion, I guess.

Why the should? ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM!!! I wrote that many times now! 

Its not your problem how they will make money! 

And thats why Im suggested you General Agencys! There such problems will never apear! 

Do you have a single reseller until now? 

Did you speak with resellers so far?

Do they know the prices? 

How much they will sell? 

I read enough to know: You have nearly no Plan what you do! 

Im out of here. Do what you want. Pyra is dead for me. Just forget it! 

Uh huh. It couldn't possibly be that you're wrong. No, several people, including the manufacturer of the device, are telling you you're wrong, but it's my fault for not reading what you've written. The stupid just keeps growing.

Uh.. huh..

I have a good working company since many years. 

Ed has debts at his bank and no money. 

But yes.. Im the Idiot. Sure. 

Edit: Mind your language, please - Binky

There are many people that own and run companies that are completely clueless as to how they operate. The fact that you think this is all you need to prove yourself only further demonstrates how little you actually know about business.

There are many people that own and run companies that are completely clueless as to how they operate. The fact that you think this is all you need to prove yourself only further demonstrates how little you actually know about business.
Do not write anything! He is thinking...

Im out of here. Do what you want. Pyra is dead for me. Just forget it!
My only regret is that someone is going to look at this as further proof that this board is just a clique where outsiders are shunned despite the evidence to the contrary.

Sure... Ed makes it better.. all the time! 

After every post from him something is other than before. He wants to calculate developementcosts twice... yes sure why not! 

Lets calculate profit twice! Why not! You  would pay even 1000Euro for a Pyra! He can do what he wants! 

And the fact..... oh come on. If you would be here now. I would show you whats business! 

Also tone down your attitude, consider this a first warning before we put you on moderator control.

Do what you need to do. 

But think: WizardStan first called me an idiot. 

I didnt not attack him before! 

You idiots would pay even 1000Euro for a Pyra!
Some people would, some people wouldn't. That has nothing to do with what's going on here.
He can do what he wants!
Yes, yes he can! It is his business and he can do whatever he wants! You're the one who keeps telling him he can't.
I would show you whats business! Punch in your face business!
It's a good thing that that has absolutely nothing to do with business intelligence. Or any intelligence whatsover.

Do what you need to do.    But think: WizardStan first called me an idiot.    I didnt not attack him before!
Just calling someone an idiot isn't what I was referring to, being generally disruptive and confrontational is.

Just calling someone an idiot isn't what I was referring to, being generally disruptive and confrontational is.
I'll stop, sorry. I'm just pushing buttons at this point and that's not helping anything. Makes me feel better though.

Back