I Got It!

cosurgi said:
Did you get the USB cable to connect with PC? Squidge told once that such thing exists:

Squidge said:
It's the same cable as was provided with the GP2X, and it does exactly the same as the gp2x. Even if the Pandora doesn't come with one, you can use the gp2x one, or buy one for £2.75. All it does is give your Pandora an IP address which you use as a standard ethernet connection (ssh, telnet, samba, etc.. anything you can do over a regular IP address).

For reference, see:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45602-eth-usb-host-to-host-cable/page__p__676415&#entry676415

It doesn't come with any cables except the charger :)

Last edited by a moderator:
puppydee said:
cosurgi said:
Did you get the USB cable to connect with PC? Squidge told once that such thing exists:

Squidge said:
It's the same cable as was provided with the GP2X, and it does exactly the same as the gp2x. Even if the Pandora doesn't come with one, you can use the gp2x one, or buy one for £2.75. All it does is give your Pandora an IP address which you use as a standard ethernet connection (ssh, telnet, samba, etc.. anything you can do over a regular IP address).

For reference, see:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45602-eth-usb-host-to-host-cable/page__p__676415&#entry676415

It doesn't come with any cables except the charger :)

However the USB cable should be pretty standard and easy to get. I'm just concerned about people not getting their TV-Out cables... :\

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
However the USB cable should be pretty standard and easy to get. I'm just concerned about people not getting their TV-Out cables... :\

-God Ginrai
^this^. I don't think most people would have too much use for the usb cable anyway tho, that's more of a dev accessory & the majority of modern computers come with an sd slot (hell the laptop I'm on now also has dual sd slots ;D).

but yah... i ordered a tv out cable & i'd kinda like a statement as well...

borgqueenx said:
kin said:
SteveM said:
laurens said:
I got the confirm email yesterday at 13:30 (12:30 uk time), and I did take UPS shipping. Now, I did have it sent to Amsterdam, where the main airport (and probably UPS HQ) is, and I got it like 15 mins ago or so.
Cool, thanks. I got my confirmation about a half hour before yours, so I guess mine is in the country... somewhere. I am comparatively out in the sticks though (I had it shipped to work in Delft) so we'll see if it turns up today or tomorrow.

BOFKONT!
omg suddenly so many guys from the netherlands. you wanna ruinin the uniqueness of pandora? :p

Yep, a lot of Dutch (speaking) people in here, but most of them seem to be from the Netherlands, anyone from Belgium (like me)?

I got my Pandora and I turn it ion and it EXPLODDED and my dog was stadning there and he had to go tothe vet and they put him down! I want open padnora to pay for vet and send me replacement dog pleaese 

Edit: spelling

atomicthumbs said:
 I got my Pandora and I turn it ion and it EXPLODDED and my dog was stadning there and he had to go tothe vet and they put him down! I want open padnora to pay for vet and send me replacement dog pleaese 

And i lolled

Meh, still no email

Mithrildor said:
So first Pandora is dead: Pawprints pandora has a not charging battery and wifi is probably not working

Meybe he need to install the patch, and need a new battery..

Not that I know .. dut didn't Pawprints just have a bad psu (charger adapter), but plugged in their PSP one and no problem?

On the power front:
Worst case, as they said it turned on .. would be bad charger, or possibly even a bad battery; but Panda itself is okay, so not a dead unit.

On the network front:
Aside from local configuration possibility (?), it could be a loose/unconnected wifi antenna? maybe someone missed a step in production line.

The antenna (IIRC, I'm no expert) is hard to get at, so might have to get one of the boys to fix it :(

jeff

atomicthumbs said:

We should obviously sue you for animal cruelty. You have willingly exposed your dog to dangerous devices.

matzesu said:
Mithrildor said:
So first Pandora is dead: Pawprints pandora has a not charging battery and wifi is probably not working

I was searching everywhere, but I cannot find Pawprints' post.

cosurgi said:
matzesu said:
Mithrildor said:

That's because he is talking about it in #openpandora.

-God Ginrai

cosurgi said:
matzesu said:
Mithrildor said:

Here it is: Pawprints post

Hi Guys,

Just to clear things up. Openpandora (Debs especially this time) has been great so I'm happy with what's going to happen.

The Wifi refuses to connect and it's realy slow and intermitent when detecting networks and sometimes none appear at all and everytime I try to connect I just see the spinning icon and then it asks me again to enter my auth code. I know it's right as I tried it again on the laptop and I've used it on my Nokia tablet.

The second issue is power (which may relate to wifi problem). The adapter I received didn't work and using it wouldn't charge either my psp or my pandora. I changed the euro addapter and all appeared to be working. red light.. constant at first then flashing.. but then it goes off and the whole cycle repeats. The unit runs fine without a battery though just using the PSU.

I really like the design, the keyboard feels great to type on and the nubs are great. I've not really been able to test it as much as I'd like but I'm sure once I get the replacement all will be well. btw the serial number says number 26 if that's any help.

Thanks again OP team for your quick help with this and I really hope to enjoy my pandora soon.

matzesu said:
cosurgi said:
matzesu said:
Mithrildor said:

Here it is: Pawprints post

As you can see above, they are not the same person.

-God Ginrai

I have a request for those who already received one, can you guys try different types of earphones/headphones/whatever and state their model and how loud they were? :X
Other thing is the mic, can any of you try out the onboard mic and also insert an headset with an external one to experiment with? This was something i thought it was never discussed (i think)

My congrats to the OpenPandora team :)

Back