I Got It!

Right - it seems that picking mini-menu from the initial boot does result in a hang. Rebooting required me to put in a new user, but it did create my first user, as I couldn't use the same name. Picking the X-based default does work. Looks awesome!

laurens said:
Right - it seems that picking mini-menu from the initial boot does result in a hang. Rebooting required me to put in a new user, but it did create my first user, as I couldn't use the same name. Picking the X-based default does work. Looks awesome!
Ouch! Looks like a bug to be reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good laurens also could you test Snes emu out try a few games for me please!! :)

Bio Metal
Mortal Kombat 2

If you get a chance hehe. If not I'll soon found out meself :)

you do understand what this means? you have to satisfy all our needs of videos and pics. I could congratulate you but I'm not sure..............

:p

joshwaan2k said:
Sounds good laurens also could you test Snes emu out try a few games for me please!! :)

Bio Metal
Mortal Kombat 2

If you get a chance hehe. If not I'll soon found out meself :)

Sorry, I don't have any snes roms here - I'm at work atm.

WOW, excellent news.

Enjoy, and please give an in depth review when you have the time. Was it worth the wait? How do the controls feel? Ect.

Chris

laurens said:
First boot is a bit slow, thought it was hanging
This was supposed to be done in the "factory"..

laurens said:
Right - it seems that picking mini-menu from the initial boot does result in a hang.
Yeah unfortunately you need to select xfce desktop first and install this, then minimenu should work. Later units are supposed to come with the fix.

You need the hotfix.. The kernel you have has a bug that causes the hang if you boot and thendont touch for 2 mins or so

hotfix fixes that. Or don't not touch it :)

hang shouldn't bork anything though

jeffphone

skeezix said:
Can boot minimenu, just hit the hotfix pnd fast :)
Neither ED nor the official website described the crashing minimenu upon first boot as a problem that is fixed by the hotfix, so I can see where the confusion comes from.

If other Pandoras are also being sent out with that bug, it may be a good idea to include a piece of paper inside the case with a note saying "don't choose minimenu when you first start"... not everyone will see this thread...

jizz.gif

F*ck, I'm jealous! :(

Back