I Got It!

parag0n said:
Haha, gotcha, thats an espresso cup.
4638857974_5040d0f157.jpg

:D :lol: :D :lol: Thats good! ;)

I´m very happy with these pandoraowners´s pictures!
I´m anxious waiting the mine!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
lobski said:
PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS...

okay we´ve now achieved the first phase now the second phase please:
vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids vids...

Please review some game-playing, guys .. we wanna hear about Quake deathmatch with the nubs.

Come to think of it, is it possible for us Pandora owners to start battling each other in Quake deathmatches now? Should we set up a Pandora-only server for such things?

I can't seem to figure out how to run quake - I don't really know where to put the datafiles, any clues, anyone? I tried sticking them in /pandora/appdata/quake3 etc. but ioquake3 and quake3nano don't seem to work.

I did try openjazz, was very smooth, wolf 3d, same, I started dosbox, awesome, ran battle jewels - looks great :) Cdogs also looks fun.

Good times ahead :)

Nubs are feeling good too - by default, to my taste, they are set in xfce to be a bit too sensitive; the clicking which ED demoed in a video is a bit hit-and-miss affair for me; working most of the time but not always. I'll probably print an overview for L, R, yabx, and right nub.

OpenPandoraTeam, you did very well. Very impressed!!! Both with the hardware and the state of the software!

laurens said:
I can't seem to figure out how to run quake - I don't really know where to put the datafiles, any clues, anyone? I tried sticking them in /pandora/appdata/quake3 etc. but ioquake3 and quake3nano don't seem to work.

I did try openjazz, was very smooth, wolf 3d, same, I started dosbox, awesome, ran battle jewels - looks great :) Cdogs also looks fun.

Quick question, din't the pnd have a readme etc?

Laurens, what is your opinion of the device? Is it all that you thought it would be? What is better than you expected, and what is worse? Can you just describe what you think of it a little please?

I like how your asking us drooling onlookers for advice how to use it.

Thanks for the photos and your comments so far.

yeah, I think the quake3 pnd pickle uploaded has broken documentation links and his start-script doesn't make the directories for you. I think a few little fixeroos will be coming to the pnds over the next week as we get feedback; its like a band that always practices in the garage.. once they go onstage, they have to learn to face the crowd instead of each other. So here we've been banging on the firmware all this time, but the pnds don't have "show them crowd" mentality.. they're still "right, we all know how to use this.."

In my experience..

ioquake3 works great, but has a wall transparency bug; you can use right-nub as mouse to pick buttons oin the UI, but I use up/down on dpad and hit Enter
quake3 -- I can't get it past the Choose Level screen; the right-nub doesn't work as mouse, and the d-pad isn't working either for me.

They both use the same appdata folder, just drop your baseq3 diredctory (with the paks etc) into the appdata path, and good to go.

Pickle knows about the documentation flub in the pnd, so he'll fix that up soon.

jeff

Spirit said:
Try /pandora/appdata/quake3/baseq3

That worked! IOquake3 now runs, but is a tad slow and there is a small control issue; i keep runnning into a wall and cant get out anymore. q3 nanogl also works, seems faster, but seems to have the same control issue. Don't know what's going on.

Na-Noo said:
laurens said:

Quick question, din't the pnd have a readme etc?

The doc I found linked to the original documentation, not pandora specific.

There is a fully working fast version of Q3 *somewhere*. I used it in one of my videos.

Oh and to speed up Q3 quite a lot disable the light map.

First im trying to put together PND's as much as a i can.

If anyone else has the nub issue in quake3 nanogl, let me know
the baseq3 cant be created since it exists in the pnd with the game.so's
but thats basically how all the quake things work, put the folder that would normally hold the pak data in appdata location.
i.e. pandora/appdata/quake2/id1

mupen64plus needs to have an control update
quake1 nanogl, has a issue where it locks up, no idea yet what the problem is (started this with the last pvr driver)

craigix said:
There is a fully working fast version of Q3 *somewhere*. I used it in one of my videos.

Oh and to speed up Q3 quite a lot disable the light map.

Why arent you building Pandoras?! :D

Back