I Got My Pandora

Sugar_Kane said:
Alright, I've had a couple of beers and it's time to ask the question... Mali is that a picture of you rocking a supreme beard and tashe?

:D That pic is from a Christmas livestream Nightweel(IIRC) posted in 2008 somewhere in the Off Topic section. A pretty cool Santa Claus if you ask me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case I demand that you grow a beard and a fine moustache immediately. I'm attempting a moustache at the moment, but daddy's genes have ensured that I will forever be blessed with something that looks like I've eaten a honey sandwich and rolled around on a barber shop floor

You say that like it's a bad thing, I'd love to look like a wood gnome

mali said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Alright, I've had a couple of beers and it's time to ask the question... Mali is that a picture of you rocking a supreme beard and tashe?

:D That pic is from a Christmas livestream Nightweel(IIRC) posted in 2008 somewhere in the Off Topic section. A pretty cool Santa Claus if you ask me :)
you look like ben kenobi from star wars

ANH-Ben_Kenobi-05919-1600.jpg

I would like to post an update regarding the battery in my new Pandora. It holds its charge just as well as the one in my second unit did - it did not even lose one whole percent overnight.

Recieved my second unit today, loving the non-painted keys! The lid is still higher on one side, higher than my 1st one, no big deal. Shoulder buttons are better, had some paint wear on my 1st on delivery so happy about my spotless new one. Bezel problem still there too but couldn't give a toss really! Glad to have it back although I bit gutted as my first was serial number 8! Don't know which this is yet but would imagine in the 700's.......happy days!

NickLoTurco said:
Don't know which this is yet but would imagine in the 700's
As far as total production number goes, sounds about right. Probably still not too much past order 350 in Craigix's queue, though.

i got mine last night. its a beautiful machine. the bezel issue is there but really, i cant even get a fingernail behind it and its almost unnoticeable. the lid doesnt lay flat but i couldnt care less. it effects nothing. the only issues i actually had were that i need to alter the dead zone on the nubs whilst they are in mouse mode and get used to a less polished version of linux than xubuntu. otherwise i am over the moon. i've been online, IMed, played picodrive and snes9x, watched some videos, played some music without any issues. i still need to work out psx but that'll take some time. i also couldnt get chromium to log in to sites like hotmail and facebook but its all n00b linux stuff i think. i also found the firmware the pandora came with was very buggy indeed to the point where i could not actually just update the firmware and had to completely reflash with hotfix 3 within the flash. getting used to the pnd format too and linux recognising a new SD being inserted.

aaah its marvellous! if anyone is interested, i was quoted at being between 350 and 450 in craig's queue.

if anyones got any questions, just holler!

RenegadeChic said:
i also couldnt get chromium to log in to sites like hotmail and facebook but its all n00b linux stuff i think. i also found the firmware the pandora came with was very buggy indeed to the point where i could not actually just update the firmware and had to completely reflash with hotfix 3 within the flash.

Chromium is borked at the moment, it can't connect to secure sites (and although people are trying to compile it, noone has got there yet). The firmaware image being shipped is still the very first one - so the hotfix is essential, not a nice to have.

Its almost a shame this thread is pinned - it's too easy not to notice new people posting to it!

hmmm interesting i didnt realise but i got my email confirmation at 14:45 GMT. i did take a little bit of time to repay by bank transfer though so i guess that pushed me back in the queue

I received a replacement unit last Saturday (less than 2 weeks for RMA :))as the first ones lcd cable went. This one is again from the first 100 and I presume has been fixed for its cable and re-sent out, so hopefully it wont happen again.

Again its a lovely unit with zero real defects like the last one, which was flawless for such an early one, so I can only guess those in line are going to receive some real gems for their patience from the new MP run.

The R button is a little wonkier than the last one but is perfectly responsive and the case has no bowing on the right of the R speaker, where a clip hadn't sat properly on the first. Keymat also seems strangely lighter on this one and very tactile.

Sooooo nice to have one back again and a doddle to get back up an running again thanks to the PND system and merely re- mapping all the emus, apps and tweaks to some hotkeys thanks to Someguy99.

Thanks to all the OPT :)

Just got my hands on my replacement unit.

The new Pandora seems to have a far superior build quality to my first one, ABXY & Shoulder buttons have a really nice feel, the touch screen calibrates just fine and the nubs behave consistently. :D

As stated by the OPT the only minor issue that remains with the current build process is that the screen bezel bulges outward at the bottom.

After being away from my Pandora for 2 weeks I was hugely impressed with the progress on the software scene. Can't wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful machine.

So, 2 days after getting a Pandora, I've discovered a monumental flaw in the design.
Holding it up for hours on end, elbows bent out slightly, it uses muscles I haven't had to use since I first got my NDS. My arms are very sore now.
In future redesign, I'm recommending some kind of neck harness for a more relaxed play session in places lacking suitable elbow rest space. :p

WizardStan said:
So, 2 days after getting a Pandora, I've discovered a monumental flaw in the design.
Holding it up for hours on end, elbows bent out slightly, it uses muscles I haven't had to use since I first got my NDS. My arms are very sore now.
In future redesign, I'm recommending some kind of neck harness for a more relaxed play session in places lacking suitable elbow rest space. :p
Clearly you're allgergic to your Pandora. For your own safety, I'm going to confiscate it.

I just got my Pandora last night and it is sweet. I love it. The build quality on mine is excellent. Only the lower screen bezel issue but it is almost not noticeable - only if you are specifically looking for it. My shoulder buttons feel great. Nubs are great. Keyboard buttons are perfect. Just tried PSX4Panodra and it seems to work very well. Just a little sad it doesn't work with my ad-hoc network on my Droid. Would be great to be able to get on the internet away from home using the Droid. Hopefully someone can come through with an updated driver to support ad-hoc. Btw, I was told to be around 350-400 in Craig's queue. For those of you still waiting - hang in there - it's definitely worth it. You are going to love it.

That's great!
Can you do all a favour? Figure out the Universal Time (UTC) that you got your confirmation email and vote here?
Thanks!

Back