I Had A Random Idea.

idjit626

Well I was worried about hitting keys on the keyboard when playing games, so maybe they should add a switch on the side of the Pandora that disables the keyboard? ;)

exactly, as Aquilus says. What exactly are you worried will happen when you press a key on the keyboard on an app that doesn't use it? Maybe the developer included a self destruct feature :s

If I were a programmer, I'd totally do that... Show'd you for having sloppy hand movements! :ph34r:

Well, what about emulators that might by default have buttons like savestate mapped to the keyboard? It is quite possible that, if that was so, you could accidentally press the button to load your state even when you didn't want to.

Only is they used buttons on the edge of the keyboard. Admittedly, L might cause some issues for load, but S is far enough in not to make a difference.

As long as features like that used arbitrary letters near the centre of the keyboard (G, T, or something) then there'd be no issues. Similarly, if a key combo of L+number/S+Number was used, no issues; you can't easily hit the numkeys by mistake...

Back