I Haven't Canceled My Order

Instead of creating a new tread, I'll drop my bombshell in here. I never ordered in the first place.

I still support the Pandora as a concept. Hence I'm not leaving. But i cant see the point people are trying to make by telling everyone else they canceled... Are they trying to point out that late costumers still can pick a first batcher up?
Nice of them then...
B!

Me either. But then again I ordered the day it went on sale and am probably going to get mine relatively soon. I sympathize with those who ordered later and cancel, but if you've waited this long why drop out at the last minute. It's like running in a race and then giving up in the home stretch.

I thought you might want to know, I cancelled my interest in these threads. :)

If I cancel my order and get a refund...

...will I have to give back my Pandora?

I too have NOT cancelled my order, not only that, but if I had enough money I would order a few more B)

will probably have to get a couple of second batch units for experimentation :pandora2ut4: :ph34r:

Wait 2 years and cancel after the team is finally shipping the product looks pretty stupid to me. I don't consider myself being stupid, so I'm hanging in there and wait patiently.

The pandora is a freaky awesome portable console. I suggest you to wait, this is the best portable console i've seen from now :)

zx-81 said:
The pandora is a freaky awesome portable console. I suggest you to wait, this is the best portable console i've seen from now :)
zx-81, I'm glad you have one and that you are digging it. It is a really nice handheld, and very well done considering how it came to be.

Now, please bring on some of your rocking EMU's, as finally having a physical keyboard should make them almost perfect. ;)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't cancelled my order either, and I'm glad I didn't because the dispatch email arrived today.

I can't believe the wait is (in less than 24 hours) over.

Hopefully the rest of the Pandoras will be made at a good pace and we can put all this behind us.

zx-81 said:
I don't understand, didn't he say he wasn't going to cancel?
What should he wait for, canceling?
Me confuzed..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I gotta go with Hobbyman here. I'm quite happy to have my order and I wish I had the money to buy a few more for gifts (Yes I know how much they're going for on e-bay, but that's not the point), especially to my dad who's a big Linux geek, I think he'd get a kick out of the hardware, and probably figure out how to load all sorts of stuff on to it.

Yeah - I haven't canceled mine either. I was a pre-order on the Tapwave Zodiac back in 2002. Four years later I started trying to find something that would be a functional upgrade. Four years after I started looking, I found the Pandora and pre-ordered it one week into the pre-order queue. It would have been earlier but the order site was borked by the time I saw the article on Engadget.

I'm shocked at the number of pre-order first batch people who seem to be worried about minor cosmetic issues.

Please make mine with some form of cosmetic flaw in the case materials so it can be clearly identified as the bleeding edge old town hall garage born custom kit that it is. Leave the chrome and gloss for the posers. As long as mine is fully functional and usable and isn't pink, I'm good with it.

So, if you have any unpainted, bubbled, scratched, swirled or otherwise weird cases that still have sound structural integrity (no dangerous cracks) and do not negatively impact the function of the internals - let me know and I'll gladly move up the line a few places. Function before aesthetics here.

If not I'll just have to go back to not canceling my order and not stomping around demanding updates and new information that doesn't exist.

Thanks!

Back