I Just Tried Rockbox

fluffyhamster

I tried the ipod linux/podxilla and i didn't like it. 6 months later i'm getting sick of dealing with itunes so i tried Rockbox, I think i'm in wub :wub: . But i've got a few questions. Is there a way to bypass directories for songs. I don't want to listen to one section, I want to listen to all my music on shuffle!

I agree, rockbox kicks some major ass. I dual boot rockbox/original firmware on my iAudio X5. I almost always use rockbox for music though, only for videos do I use OF.

Yono posted on Oct 9 2006 at 04:09 PM said:
I agree, rockbox kicks some major ass. I dual boot rockbox/original firmware on my iAudio X5. I almost always use rockbox for music though, only for videos do I use OF.

the apple original firmware doesn't actuelly work for me, it freezes in approxomitely 5 seconds. But who needs videos when they have to be MP4?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm testing some fresh codecs for Rockbox for hcs.

He's had an ADX codec accepted into CVS. He's also currently making an NSF codec for RB.
It is indeed a funky bit of kit. I believe to play all artists in shuffle play you have 2 main options:
create one folder with all your music in... messy I know

or: create a tag cache... I don't actually know full specifics on that since I'm new to RockBox myself.

well i feel stupid, i was in file browser checking everything out. Hit root and boom, it did exactly what i wanted :D . But i have to manually get rid of that ipod_control folder cause there not letting me get rid of it :angry:

Back