I need an answer.

N

nzc

I preordered an OpenPandora THREE years ago and still don't know when I'll receive it.

I've read the whole and absurd story over the years, and I don't care anymore.

Jacquelyn said to me back in the day that my approximate queue position in the second batch were 900 - 1000.

I just need an answer. How is the queue going? How much I have to wait yet?

Thanks.

This forum is supported by OpenPandora Gmbh and it's community.

Craig Rothwell / OpenPandora ltd. is not around here anymore, so send your question to him at gbax.com or write him:

26 Meadow Road,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE15 7LP
England

He will ignore you though.

You're more likely to get a pandora than a refund. Briefly put, the situation is this:

• You ordered from Craig Rothwell (=Craigix, runs gbax.com), based in England
  • He has broken contact with this community, and may have lost the payment he received for pandora pre-orders (through bad luck, mismanagement, whatever).
  • Pandora production is currently managed by Michael Mrozek (=EvilDragon, runs Dragonbox.de) in Germany as a seperate legal entity
  • EvilDragon has delivered all of his pre-orders and is now selling pandoras from stock at a new, higher price.
  • EvilDragon is using donations and profits from new sales to send free pandoras to Craig's customers.
  • Since E.D. never received any kind of payment from Craig's customers this is a slow and unsustainable process.
  • In addition to this, ED is also offering a huge discount (essentially his entire profit margin) to any of Craig's customers who reorder from dragonbox.

Your options now are:

• Wait -  maybe get a pandora from ED, probably get nothing from Craig
  • Fork out another few hundred euros - get a pandora (with slightly upgraded specs) to play with
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is handing out refunds, since noone has the money to do so

You could try buying a discounted pandora from dragonbox, and selling it on ebay for the full price

The last option - begin legal proceedings against Craig - is almost certain to lose money for both parties, and has been disregarded by most people here.
http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14182-please-just-refund-me/#entry271079/URL]

If you got an order number, you should still have options thanks to EvilDragons kindness (he never received money from you, that has gone towards England, if you ordered from Craig).

Last edited by a moderator:
900-1000 in second batch... There are around 500 left in craigs queue. That means that you will have to wait until your preorder is funded by new sales/communitydonations or you need to contact craig.

I preordered an OpenPandora THREE years ago and still don't know when I'll receive it.

I've read the whole and absurd story over the years, and I don't care anymore.

Jacquelyn said to me back in the day that my approximate queue position in the second batch were 900 - 1000.

I just need an answer. How is the queue going? How much I have to wait yet?

Thanks.
Sadly, you're probably best off to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 1ghz unit. I did that last year, and I'm not sure that I would have received my unit otherwise. I'm not sure if that's still a possibility that he's offering.

There's a donation drive going to pay for the manufacturing costs as the money to pay for those units was largely spent on the various problems that turned up. I'll likely be kicking in a few bucks next pay day to hopefully help finish the queue.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I had the misfortune of trusting Craig Rothwell. I feel that I have been robbed and neither community nor EvilDragon have anything to do with it.

I am very angry, I have to ponder what to do now.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I had the misfortune of trusting Craig Rothwell. I feel that I have been robbed and neither community nor EvilDragon have anything to do with it.

I am very angry, I have to ponder what to do now.
Unfortunately, you're not the only one. I've largely given up defending him over that because his lack of communication makes it hard to know what really happened.

You're certainly entitled to feel that way, as nobody really knows what happens in his shop. Or at least anybody who does know isn't saying anything. Whether unintentional incompetence or intentional fraud, is unlikely to change the situation that you don't have your unit and need the money more than the unit.

I upgraded, and it was waiting here after the year where it would have been very useful to me.

Well, I know from some users that Craig indeed does reply sometimes and simply lets everyone know that he cannot do anything because it's all in my hands now.

And, of course, he also lets everyone know how disappointed he his because I delivered all my preorders first and not his (where in reality more of the investment and profit money has been used for him and his preorders than for mine).

'nough said ;)

There are around 500 left in craigs queue.
I think the last number ED gave was ~450, and there have been maybe a couple of dozen sales since then, so maybe it's closer to 400.  Still it's a slow process and relies on a lot of the old preorderers paying for an upgrade to get through them at any speed.

he also lets everyone know how disappointed he his because I delivered all my preorders first and not his
really? but it should have been obvious to everyone that since you had fewer preorders, your queue would end quicker.  sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
really? but it should have been obvious to everyone that since you had fewer preorders, your queue would end quicker.  sigh
The original plan had EvilDragon shipping his at the same ratio as Craig's: like, if Craig had 4 times as many pre-orders then for every 1 that ED shipped Craig would get 4. I don't remember if those were the numbers, this is a 3 year old memory I'm dragging up.That's a large part of why it is so surprising that Craig still had 500 orders unfulfilled. If the original numbers had all been correct then they would have both ended at about the same time.

No. The original plan was based on the idea that Craig and Ed had a similar number of preorders left.. ED finished his preorders and Craig announced he had more than 600 left in his queue.

He lied before/during/after the ED sweetheart deal was announced.

WizardStan and ShleeDragon: You are talking about different original plans. WizardStan is talking about the *original* original plan.

I love how people come barging in here demanding some kind of reason why theyre being taken advantage of and have their money taken from them, only for everyone to jump in and just agree, but their jaded attitude towards the incident is just "eh, shit happens, money's gone, dont bother with craig anymore, youll just lose more, go buy another unit"

This is my answer to that and every other statement regarding Craigs plans.

tumblr_mv4499t0Gy1qkgh4go1_250.gif
tumblr_mv4499t0Gy1qkgh4go2_250.gif

Back