I thought all refunds had been sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTolputt

We were told that all the refunds were sent on November 29th by Chip (now official spokesperson for the Pandora crew). I only just received an email at 3am this morning. In other words - five days after the "all clear" was sounded. The money has not yet hit my account, so any chance of reordering has to wait until I see said money.

More importantly though, someone lied about this. Emails don't get stuck in the net for days, 24 hours is enough for 99% of mail servers to mark the mail unsendable (with an error message generally returned to sender). I use the email account for business and it has neither been down nor full at all in the last month.

You can blame the banks for taking their time about the credit card refund (hell, I would); but there is a very limited number of people involved in telling us that all refunds were sent. My email account has been fully functional (with the national ISP for crying out loud) for the past month - so the email was sent within the last day (or two at the absolute worst case scenario). Somewhere between the people sending out the emails and me reading the "all clear" post on November 29th a lie was told.

I'm sure this is going to be marked as trolling and closed/deleted by the mods. How dare I criticize the Pandora crew and imply dishonesty is afoot?! Have a look at my history though. I've been excited about the Pandora for some time, tried to get involved in a community project for it, and have generally been supportive of the crew behind Pandora. Big thing is - I don't like being lied to. And someone along the way has caused such a lie to occur.

--BenT

no really... you just got the email and your complaining? So basically if you didn't get the email you would have been happy...

eye for an eye... flame for a flame...

In case you haven't read, the devs already mentioned that many hadn't gone through yet. The original post said that they were all sent - that doesn't mean that they were all received. They have had to resend emails multiple times to the people who didn't get them. You're angry because you got the email. If I were you, I would be happy that I got it because I would know for certain that I would be okay.
Edit: Nobody lied to you.

Changed topic title to more accurately reflect the contents.

Secondly, Chip actually said "as far as [Craigix] knows, all refunds have been sent. If you did not get an email, you are probably safe. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check your credit card / bank account in about a week, just in case your email provider blocked the email for some reason". I don't see a "definitely" or any other kind of word like that in that post, so no lie was told.

Also, some emails bounced and so had to be resent. Yours might have been one of those.

I'm closing this topic now, if you wish to take it further, please reply to your original confirmation email and talk to your supplier directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back