Idea - Pandora games showcase

Nice lists :)

I've started on this, but now considering the Star Rating thing.

I'm wondering about how I would maintain that, in sync with the repo ratings, as they would be changing all the time.

I might have to skip the star rating, just have sortable by other criteria like genre

Hmm not sure I can do that, I don't even know what the masterlist is ... can you point me to it please?

Ok I have added some games as examples - all from the 'Action' section of repo so filter only will show for that really

Here's a link

Some issues still, like I've a problem with the 3 link buttons working on whichever title is top of the list in the list view ... No idea why yet.

Give you an idea though of it.

Also, it does use plenty jquery so you do need to have a browser with that enabled really, I know not ideal for everyone but most people allow this nowadays I reckon.

Logo is just a quick thing mocked up using the official one, more of a placeholder thing really for now.

Disclaimer is at footer and probably would be more predominant for people to see.

Is just a preview for you guys to see how looking

Kami Retro is by Steven Craft / PawPrint Games, not rockthesmurf
Edit: Hmmm, interesting, the AVP one says the same. Steven's repo user?

Edit 2: Yes, it is. Nvm. However, Kami has no links, and AvP doesn't like to the repo properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice! Good job!

Suggestion: add a field for "Pandora original" / "FOSS port" / "PC-game port, data files needed"

@pmprog,

- Yeah I have referenced the 'maintainer' field from the repo to place under the title on this site.

- Kami does have links, if you view it under the Grid View mode, or if you sort the List mode so that it is _not_ top of the list [as default the top of list will be the most recently added title]... This is an effect as I mentioned above though, I'm not sure why it is happening but whichever is listed at the top of List View has inactive buttons, no matter how you sort it it is always an issue with the top listed game. So is not actually missing from Kami, it's a problem with the scripts/syntax or something, I'll try sort it but at moment have no idea why.

- Thanks, corrected the link to AVP game.

@_wb_, Thanks, I'll look at adding those, perhaps under a generic 'comments' field, which could comment on things like these, though then of course wouldn't be sortable .. I'll see.

Kami Retro is by Steven Craft / PawPrint Games, not rockthesmurf

Edit: Hmmm, interesting, the AVP one says the same. Steven's repo user?

Edit 2: Yes, it is. Nvm. However, Kami has no links, and AvP doesn't like to the repo properly
Steven Crafts old forum name was Rockthesmurf, I believe that was his gp32x forum name too, so it must be his repo username :D

Very nice! Very appealing design.

But I think _wb_ is right, a column (so sortable) to at least filter between "Data needed" and the other should be good. But then, once you have done that, a category for "Pandora exclusive" (or some other wording), to have the great Pandora productions in front.

Hmm not sure I can do that, I don't even know what the masterlist is ... can you point me to it please?
http://repo.openpandora.org/client/masterlist
Thanks, but unfortunately I'm still none the wiser  :unsure:

Think I might drop the ratings column, leave that to the official repo where it is managed well.

Very nice! Very appealing design.

But I think _wb_ is right, a column (so sortable) to at least filter between "Data needed" and the other should be good. But then, once you have done that, a category for "Pandora exclusive" (or some other wording), to have the great Pandora productions in front.
...and with that said, I might just swap out the ratings for 'Data Needed' and have as a 'Yes'/'No' column instead then, easier to manage for me than a rating system :)

Edit:

Just done this, swapped out the 'Rating' for 'Data Required?' sortable column and also added filter for 'Exclusive' titles... though of the ones I've added so far none of them are Pandora exclusive

Seen the changes. Great :) . Can you add an exclusive (Nub Nub or Space Rocks! for example), so we can see the result?!

Very nice anyway, a nice showcase site for the Pandora :)

Nice idea and stylish website, this is how such sites should look. :) Could be a "big" thing if done properly to advertise the Pandora even more to the public. ^^

@ptitSeb, cheers :) Added those 2 titles now

@Fusion_Power, thanks, hopefully eh

Anyone got any thoughts on a domain should buy for this - Pandoragaming has gone already, looks like something to do with Avatar film gaming site? 

I like the graphic effect when playing with filters, and the Pandora exclusive are well shown.

Great job

(a little bug still here, the first line have the 3 buttons "rep", "web" and "video" not acting as button, other line are ok, no matter what game is first, using chrome)

(also, "video" button with no video attached just open a new showcase tab, where it should be grayed and disabled)

I like the graphic effect when playing with filters, and the Pandora exclusive are well shown.

Great job

(a little bug still here, the first line have the 3 buttons "rep", "web" and "video" not acting as button, other line are ok, no matter what game is first, using chrome)

(also, "video" button with no video attached just open a new showcase tab, where it should be grayed and disabled)

I've actually just changed the exclusive ones, instead of bold text added a small icon alongside the text, icon is shown in the drop down filter and the results.

Can see it here

The problem with the first game showing inactive buttons is causing me headache, decided to give up on that for the night and think more about it next day afresh, I cannot think why it is doing that strange behavior. It happens in all browsers though not just a Chrome thing, something wrong with my jquery used or something I guess.

I did think the same thing about the video/website buttons which don't have links, making them inactive, or just omit them altogether, but think greying them out will look better ... Will look into that later too.

Greyed out the inactive buttons now too so they don't bounce you back to top or open new tab

@Klumpen, cheers

Back