If Pandora Is Successful Will There Be Another?

Kyosys said:
It took them that long to figure out that cheese tastes good on hamburgers? What the hell is it with past people

Quick go patent Cheese on a Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megamixman said:
anexanhume said:
Technically, Cortex A9 should start showing up in silicon next year, and OMAP 4xxx won't be far behind. There's no reason the pandora can't go 3+ years to make sure its potential has been realized. By the time they start thinking about another one (if they do), we might be talking about some other core.

On a related note, I'm very interested to see what comes of Nvidia's license for the A9 core.

Coretex A8 was intro'ed in 2005. We're now seeing the OMAP silicon with it in 2008. That's a 3 year lag between IP intro and OMAP Silicon. Coretex A9 was intro'ed this year. So I'm gonna guesstimate that OMAP4 will come out sometime around 2011, with dev's being able to get it under NDA mid to late 2010. That means we have a little over 1.5 years rest for craigx and co. Sorry buddy, looks like we have to cut your vacation short.

Actually, Cortex A9 was announced late '07 :D . In a few months it will have been a year.

I did something like this in another thread, ages ago. but yeah, pando II would rule, until Pandora 3 comes out. by the time it's 2020, we could probably have PS3 emulation on a handheld lol :D

Probably there wont be a "Pandora 2" until there were possible emulate Playstation 2, Gamecube and Xbox in a handheld, which is likely won't happen tomorrow...

latiosu said:
Probably there wont be a "Pandora 2" until there were possible emulate Playstation 2, Gamecube and Xbox in a handheld, which is likely won't happen tomorrow...
...and don't forget dreamcast and psp and DS.

Kyosys said:
It took them that long to figure out that cheese tastes good on hamburgers? What the hell is it with past people
I'm not much for the cheese on hamburgers either to be honest, I prefer a spicy tomato chutney :)

Squidge said:
Kyosys said:
I'm not much for the cheese on hamburgers either to be honest, I prefer a spicy tomato chutney :)

apple also goes nicely.

jakshep2 said:
Squidge said:
Kyosys said:

apple also goes nicely.

Since the started using Intel, look how long it took them to do that?

nubie said:
jakshep2 said:
Squidge said:
Kyosys said:

apple also goes nicely.

I don't think you know what we're talking about. Intel on burgers? that would taste pretty crappy.

jakshep2 said:
nubie said:
jakshep2 said:
Squidge said:
Kyosys said:

apple also goes nicely.

I don't think you know what we're talking about. Intel on burgers? that would taste pretty crappy.

Apple, Intel, Microsoft etc, See the picture now ?. :rolleyes:

Trooper

And now we are so far offtopic that there is no getting back.

Unless. . .

The mythical successor has a new agnostic processor that can do ARM and x86 instructions natively, or maybe throw in PowerPC too.

And cooks me burgers with open source cheese.

Cortex A8 announced on Oct 4, 2005.
OMAP 3430 announced Feb 14, 2006
Cortex A9 announced on Oct 3, 2008.
OMAP 4xxx announced: not yet. However, TI is a lincensee of the A9 core already.

However, I'm not sure when the 3430 actually became available. It has since undergone a name change and had to have a revision since announced.

Toshiba is already offering the A9 core on down to a 40nm process:
http://my-esm.com/supplychain/showArticle....cleID=209900496

Because I know a cheat code in PORTAL, I was able to bring you the specs for the Pandora II

Released on July 15th 2012
Features a TW2 Processor from Motorola (Time Warp2)
CoProcessor 1 is Cell3
CoProccessor 2 is Maxim CX4 (multi codex processor with 12TB flash for codec storage)
Graphics processor -none, a neural link to the brain allows usage of the optical portion of the human brain, this is similar to the Nvidia K59xx cards.

Storage: none, hyper dimensional strings are used for unlimited storage capacity.

Also the Xbox3 is losing sales to the Wii2 wich is in reality a SNES revamped ans with a funky new controller that you have to see to believe.

Sony's PS4 though coming with a stock betamax player is seeing very little in sales.

Who cares, pfft, I don't wanna hear speculation about the sequel to a yet unreleased product, no, that's so passé. I wanna hear speculation about the sequel to that sequel. When will it come out? 2017? What month? How much will it cost? Will it emulate the PS4 so I can play GTA VI on it? Will it have a built-in mini-projector? A holographic screen? Will it float in the air? Will its air jets be powerful enough so I could take two, duck tape them to a board and thus skate in the air on the first hoverboard that runs Linux? Which version of the Linux kernel will it use, 2.8 or 2.10? How much more powerful than current super calculators will it be? How much internal storage? Will it take in femto SD holocards? Oh and most importantly, will it run Duke Nukem Forever?

A_SN said:
Which version of the Linux kernel will it use, 2.8 or 2.10?
I believe the next step from 2.8 is 3.0, if the Linux mag I read in the future was correct. I still don't get all the hype about SuSE 17.

Back