Im not sure

Kan du svenska?

Still Fresh
Im not sure if i should buy a GP32 because of all the trouble iv'e read.

Almost no emu's are working 100%

Poor picture quality and slow framerate on divx movies

If it brakes, i have to ship it all the way to Korea

No "top of the line" commercial games

Few commercial games

Almost all games have korean language

But still, i can't get the Gp32 of my mind! Strange.

When will the snes, pc, gba emu's run 100% (incl full speed,save,sound etc)?

Im getting crazy ":blink:" over here.

Give me some answers and some advice, please!

If you've really read very many posts, you'll notice that almost everything works very well. For movies, Yes, the resolution is at 320x240... but that's the GP32's screen resolution... framerate is slow, but everyone I've heard from still loves the movies and says they look better than you expect. Same for emus, you hear the part about frameskips, etc... but when you see the emu playing games, they're just great!

Now, on the downside: commercial games are NOT what you're going to buy this machine for... given the low prices with JoyGP, you may pick a few up like I did, but if you want retro emulated games, that's the key.

Last, on your request for some info on the emus... again, if you read around here, you'll notice that no one can tell you when an emu will be "100%" or released if it isn't. This is all homebrew individual development, not a commercial product where the company has release dates. If you're thinking of getting the GP32 just for the emus you mentioned (SNES, PC, and GBA) then my opinion is do NOT get one. SNES is better than it sounds, but not where it will be. PC and GBA (assuming you mean PC and not PC-Engine) do not even exist and there are not any official projects going on, just rumors. If those are what you want, you will be disappointed. But in general there are lots of great emus/games on the machine and it is a good purchase.

Arutha posted on Apr 24 2003 said:
If you've really read very many posts, you'll notice that almost everything works very well. For movies, Yes, the resolution is at 320x240... but that's the GP32's screen resolution... framerate is slow, but everyone I've heard from still loves the movies and says they look better than you expect. Same for emus, you hear the part about frameskips, etc... but when you see the emu playing games, they're just great!

Now, on the downside: commercial games are NOT what you're going to buy this machine for... given the low prices with JoyGP, you may pick a few up like I did, but if you want retro emulated games, that's the key.

Last, on your request for some info on the emus... again, if you read around here, you'll notice that no one can tell you when an emu will be "100%" or released if it isn't. This is all homebrew individual development, not a commercial product where the company has release dates. If you're thinking of getting the GP32 just for the emus you mentioned (SNES, PC, and GBA) then my opinion is do NOT get one. SNES is better than it sounds, but not where it will be. PC and GBA (assuming you mean PC and not PC-Engine) do not even exist and there are not any official projects going on, just rumors. If those are what you want, you will be disappointed. But in general there are lots of great emus/games on the machine and it is a good purchase.
Thank you.

I still have to think about this one more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kan du svenska? posted on Apr 24 2003 said:
Im not sure if i should buy a GP32 because of all the trouble iv'e read.

Almost no emu's are working 100%

Poor picture quality and slow framerate on divx movies

If it brakes, i have to ship it all the way to Korea

No "top of the line" commercial games

Few commercial games

Almost all games have korean language

But still, i can't get the Gp32 of my mind! Strange.

When will the snes, pc, gba emu's run 100% (incl full speed,save,sound etc)?

Im getting crazy ":blink:" over here.

Give me some answers and some advice, please!
You have successfully extracted every negative thing about the GP32 and put it into a list.

My list would look like this:

- Able to watch movies and listen to mp3s on the go.
- Really good free homebrew software (Asteroids, Tetris, xRick, more!)
- Really good Commodore 64/Atari 2600/PC-Engine/other emulators
- Good NES/SNES/other emulators
- Many other emulators being worked on and developed.

Maybe you should make a poll and see how many people hanging out in these forums regret buying one?

I, for one, do not.

Flack

Last edited by a moderator:
welllllllll thats the negatives there are a lot of positives!
Most emus are getting better everyday, there is a fantastic development scene, moviepark runs all divx movies i've thrown at it without blur etc, depending on the country you live in you won't have to ship to korea if it breaks..plus someone will probably know how to fix it, there are alternate OS available...a new one to be released very soon as well, mp3 players, MOD players, homebrew games just aas good as the offical ones, text readers (i was reading HP Lovecraft on the bus today), some FPS ie Doom, Wolf3D and perhaps Duke3D), no one knows when the emus will be running full speed but some like Frodo and PCEngine run at full speed already and the scene updates on a daily basis now

stop wondering and just buy one!!!!!!

its the best, you won't be sorry.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Code:
text readers (i was reading HP Lovecraft on the bus today), some FPS ie Doom,

Well if you read H.P. Lovecraft you know about the "cosmic horror" and the Cuthullu (I had this Illuminati card from GURPS) .
And about the time when they discovered Pluto .
There is something about this into one of the H.P. Lovecraft books .
Like the nightmare , "fear effect" and psychic possession .

get a lot of sin and became a Queen of Darkness ...

Pinball Dreams was top of the line on Amiga .

Tomak Save the Earth Again is a shooter .[/CODE]

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Back