"in fact most agree that a choice of sites is good"

There can be multiple appstores there just needs to be one server. And that server needs to use the PND repository specification.

I think the apps.openpandora.org could be a great touchscreen website (I don't have a touchscreen device yet).

Milkshakes website is just awesome (on a desktop) it only needs a categories tree.

The dl.openhandhelds.org just scares new users, when I saw it for the first time I thought: "how am I ever going to understand this...".

EDIT:

The wiki is just... well I don't like to use a wiki for my downloads... I do like it to find source codes and more difficult information that I don't understand immediately.

EDIT 2:

I really don't like to use forums to find downloads...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well I like dl.openhandhelds.org cause it seems to have the latest currently faster than apps.openpandora and repo.openpandora, but it's hard to determine versioning so I don't know whether its truly fast or just a bulk update.

Apps is great on the Pandora itself and I prefer to be able to do it on the Pandora but it's not always up to date. I like repo due to its strict control and you can damn well tell which version you are downloading but it doesn't currently have everything.

So WTF am I supposed to do cept spending 30mins browsing all sites on the Pandora before deciding where to download a single PND from.

I prefer the PNDStore approach the most as I think it uses Milkshakes repo as the backend, and makes it piss easy to install/update. It just needs to provide more info and the detail.

I don't care if all stay BUT there should only be a single backend repo serving the PND's, everything else is a front end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back