Inkscape

Awakening

Website
www.digitalawakening.se
I'm a board game designer, 1st game in stores in Sweden 2nd game accepted by a larger publisher, and I'm in need of making art. As a designer I need to make simple but attractive and very functional art and an illustration application would be a good idea. Since Inkscape is the open source option I would really like to see how it looks and preforms on a Pandora. The interface is quite bare so I imagine it would do great on small screens. It seems like a very capable software.

Check out the screenshots of various features here and the showcase here.

There's also a book available in HTML, PDF and print, check it out here.

I'm a huge user of Inkscape for lots of things (even use it to keep notes on my home dekstop) and I'm pretty sure its going to be usable on the Pandora .. I've already demonstrated that its possible to use Inkscape just fine on a Beagleboard with Pico Projector setup, so the Pandora would run it quite nicely, I think.

torpor said:
I'm a huge user of Inkscape for lots of things (even use it to keep notes on my home dekstop) and I'm pretty sure its going to be usable on the Pandora .. I've already demonstrated that its possible to use Inkscape just fine on a Beagleboard with Pico Projector setup, so the Pandora would run it quite nicely, I think.

Interesting. Do you have a video? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if MW, ED or Craig have it running on a Pandora. One of them could film it and show how it works on the small screen with the the stylus.

If one of you are reading: Pretty please with sugar on top :)

Awakening said:
If one of you are reading: Pretty please with sugar on top :)
Isn't it with a cherry on top?

I would also be interested in seeing a video with this. I'm not an artist, but I do use vector software quite a bit for my various uses.

Awakening said:
I'm a board game designer, 1st game in stores in Sweden 2nd game accepted by a larger publisher, and I'm in need of making art. As a designer I need to make simple but attractive and very functional art and an illustration application would be a good idea. Since Inkscape is the open source option I would really like to see how it looks and preforms on a Pandora. The interface is quite bare so I imagine it would do great on small screens. It seems like a very capable software.

Check out the screenshots of various features here and the showcase here.

There's also a book available in HTML, PDF and print, check it out here.

Just out of curiosity, what is the game called?

NLS said:
Oh btw just to go a bit off-topic as well, I'm helping out with a board games convention in february in Oslo if you're interested ;) http://oslowintergames.no/

I wish I could but it's hard enough getting to conventions in Sweden. Spiel is special and I also went there for business purposes.

You should check out this game ;)

Back