Interested In Being A Game Programmer...

Vorporeal said:
Yeah, that would be interesting...

Maybe there could be a part where a swarm of fetuses attack you, but it's designed so there's no way you can kill them all. They take over you, and you then function like that boss character. Maybe after killing that boss, he decomposes into a thousand fetuses and you turn into a fetus-cyborg type thing like he was? Then you have go through levels to figure out how to remove them from you?

Just a thought.
That's when you run into a mad scientist that throws you into a converted washing-machine de-fetusing machine and liquidizes the fetuses into ammo for a new gun that he has been working on for 20 years that only works under certain moon phases.

You then have to collect more fetuses for more ammo and bring them back to "liquification stations" scattered throughout the levels which refill your ammo supply.

It would be awesome if it had some sort of OddWorld twist to it.

And needs bread head bosses.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/05/16/breadhead-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahahahaha i love you guys.
Alright , heres the thing. ( that i couldn't have found if you guys didnt help me out ahah )
You finaly find out the source of the fetus swarm:
A huge fucking "i dont know what yet" discusting fetus laying thing.
HUGE fight Fetus attacks and all.
Once you kill it her belly explodes shooting fetuses all around.
YOU GET infected... but they dont kill you.
Finaly find help ( mad scientist of some sort )
Notice the fetuses seams to think you are the new mom. THEY LIKE YOU.
He removes em from you.
Makes the fetus gun: new abilities... Shooting em... Maybe making Fetus bridges... and all kind of crazy shit.

So now fetus don't kill you... they kill your enemies.

Now for the oddworld plot... ahahah
Maybe small people : like Nail ( and the Geez ) are perfect for making meat pies.... and The enemies just want some sweet sweet pies.... Wait... wasnt that the oddworld plot???

Yeah the Oddworld plot type of thing would be awesome.... but we really need to find something original ahaha.

HELP ME OUT FOLKS!!

Mr.Gonzo said:
Ahahahaha i love you guys.
Alright , heres the thing. ( that i couldn't have found if you guys didnt help me out ahah )
You finaly find out the source of the fetus swarm:
A huge fucking "i dont know what yet" discusting fetus laying thing.
HUGE fight Fetus attacks and all.
Once you kill it her belly explodes shooting fetuses all around.
YOU GET infected... but they dont kill you.
Finaly find help ( mad scientist of some sort )
Notice the fetuses seams to think you are the new mom. THEY LIKE YOU.
He removes em from you.
Makes the fetus gun: new abilities... Shooting em... Maybe making Fetus bridges... and all kind of crazy shit.

So now fetus don't kill you... they kill your enemies.
Now for the oddworld plot... ahahah
Maybe small people : like Nail ( and the Geez ) are perfect for making meat pies.... and The enemies just want some sweet sweet pies.... Wait... wasnt that the oddworld plot???

Yeah the Oddworld plot type of thing would be awesome.... but we really need to find something original ahaha.

HELP ME OUT FOLKS!!

will if you analyze the OddWorld plot, you need a dominating force (i.e. big meat/ food factory)

which inslaves creatures and uses them for labor, until the bigwigs (<---character and boss hint hint.) decide to put their slaves on the menu.

We may need a sort of Code Veronica style game where you can play as two characters and at some point they both meet up to either face ultimate destiny or ultimate doom.

And we need a plethora of craigix avatar bosses which in the end form a transformer style mech thing and go down in a furry of raining Pandoras.

Also sex and blood and heavy metal.

Your (Mr.Gonzo) avatar needs to play a significant role as well, maybe one of those characters that appears in the tutorial/save screens/credits?

I've found some bosses that could serve as the Fetus Queen for inspiration.

rtype_2b.png

r-type-1.jpg

super_rtype_boss2.png

rtype_8b.gif

super_rtype_boss3.png

all of which come from R-Type...

Yeah well matador and nail are two of the main characters.
And i thought that after the fetus events we could implement a kind of LEMMINGS kind of game play. fetus help you out by solving puzzles.
Like you can shoot Seeking Fetus at enemies OR shoot a bunch of lemming-like fetus helpers.
I don't want the story to be the same as ODDWORLD... i do want it to be as twisted though.

I thought f introducing the lemming-like gameplay for the fetus people... having NAIL captured or something like that ( maybe by the mad scientist ) and then you start up with ONE fetus and you gather more and more of them , solving puzzles and then reaching nail.

I was thinking of having the game separated in chapters. and each chapter would introduce something new. and later one it would turn out to be a new game mechanic.

EDIT: my avatar is actualy an other video game character for a future game ;)
http://i36.tinypic.com/34hapls.png
point and click platforming zombie survival! ahaha

Mr.Gonzo said:
Yeah well matador and nail are two of the main characters.
And i thought that after the fetus events we could implement a kind of LEMMINGS kind of game play. fetus help you out by solving puzzles.
Like you can shoot Seeking Fetus at enemies OR shoot a bunch of lemming-like fetus helpers.
I don't want the story to be the same as ODDWORLD... i do want it to be as twisted though.

I thought f introducing the lemming-like gameplay for the fetus people... having NAIL captured or something like that ( maybe by the mad scientist ) and then you start up with ONE fetus and you gather more and more of them , solving puzzles and then reaching nail.

I was thinking of having the game separated in chapters. and each chapter would introduce something new. and later one it would turn out to be a new game mechanic.

EDIT: my avatar is actualy an other video game character for a future game ;)
http://i36.tinypic.com/34hapls.png
point and click platforming zombie survival! ahaha

ah I see..

Check my post again I was editing it when you replied.

I have a few ideas for mini games/other plots.

1. Lemmings like you suggested
2. Pacman style maze game with fetuses and possibly female condoms and male condoms to serve as ghosts while the fetuses go around eating small (insert pro-birth medication here) pills and when they get the super dose they can destroy the condoms.
3. excite bike style driving/semen racing.
4. Clu-Clu land with a fetus
5. Various mario party mini-games
6. Fetus tetris with evil dead necronomicon style pieces covered in fetus flesh
7. wario-ware touched style minigames to block certain doors.
8. Portal 2D style puzzles with Nail as Chell
9. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time style 7 year time warp so you can play as Nail in his adult form in certain parts of the game
10. small impossible quiz
11. hit switches before the time runs out to unlock items/weapons/hostages
12. 8 bit RickRoll
13. several rounds of dead or alive style fighting with jiggly girls.
14. Beer themed level
15. crane game

That's all for now.

ahaha i like the first image aha , looks like a huge vagina monster.
i was thinking of having every Sidekick Nail has getting killed brutally after a certain play time.
This would add to the dark humor im trying to give to the game, but would also stop the game from getting repetitive.
Maybe at first you could play as NAIL then you get to play as MATADOR... and then you get to play both at the same time ( switching characters , solving puzzles... )
THEN BAM he gets uber killed by some Meanie . Matador juice all over the place. Legs still moving after being appart of the body.

Then the game mechanics switch to something else.

See ... Even matador could get killed by the mother of the fetus people.
Almost Introducing the future game mechanic.

.... Oh and heres a dumb ugly drawing ... again made in paint.
While waiting for the reply ... ahah.
2ivibte.png

Mr.Gonzo said:
ahaha i like the first image aha , looks like a huge vagina monster.
i was thinking of having every Sidekick Nail has getting killed brutally after a certain play time.
This would add to the dark humor im trying to give to the game, but would also stop the game from getting repetitive.
Maybe at first you could play as NAIL then you get to play as MATADOR... and then you get to play both at the same time ( switching characters , solving puzzles... )
THEN BAM he gets uber killed by some Meanie . Matador juice all over the place. Legs still moving after being appart of the body.

Then the game mechanics switch to something else.

See ... Even matador could get killed by the mother of the fetus people.
Almost Introducing the future game mechanic.

.... Oh and heres a dumb ugly drawing ... again made in paint.
While waiting for the reply ... ahah.
2ivibte.png
post above yours edited.

CandidStan said:
This will be more like a game mechanic than a mini game

2. Pacman style maze game with fetuses and possibly female condoms and male condoms to serve as ghosts while the fetuses go around eating small (insert pro-birth medication here) pills and when they get the super dose they can destroy the condoms.
Extra mini game section someone ;) ???

I was thinking of an actual stage where nail would be on a motorcycle and enemies would be a bit like the exitebike dude. But you have to beet em up. and they try to kick your ass with bats and chains.

Never bin a big fan of that game actualy.

Well i was aiming for a got little bunch of in game mini games... ( that you could replay arcade style as an extra )

I am a huge fan of evil dead but im not sure of what you are trying to say.
oh and i love tetris too ahah.

never had a ds :(

Portal: LOVE IT!
2D: the flash version??
Chell: who's that??!

9. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time style 7 year time warp so you can play as Nail in his adult form in certain parts of the game
Oh nail is never gonna grow up... hes actually a really small person.
Hes not the only one though ... because far in the middle of a jungle ... there is a tribe full of small people.
Time warp? well you get to play as Sperm Nail in the first levels.
Until you come to life... then maybe some gameplay as a baby if i figure out something interesting ! aha.

Yes sir!

Yeah and lotsa ingame puzzles!
( would be cool though if you don't make it it always ends up in some horrible deaths. )

12. 8 bit RickRoll
AND FINALY GET TO PWN THAT MUTHAF***A

Maybe in an intro when nail is in his apartment...
But there's going to be some jiggly girls !
Conkers bad fur day someone?

14. Beer themed level
Hey im making a game about stuff i love ;)

15. crane game
Whats that?

EDIT: What the hell happened to my post?
... Oh well im going to bed, 2 am now.

Mr.Gonzo said:
CandidStan said:
This will be more like a game mechanic than a mini game

Extra mini game section someone ;) ???

I was thinking of an actual stage where nail would be on a motorcycle and enemies would be a bit like the exitebike dude. But you have to beet em up. and they try to kick your ass with bats and chains.

Never bin a big fan of that game actualy.

Well i was aiming for a got little bunch of in game mini games... ( that you could replay arcade style as an extra )

I am a huge fan of evil dead but im not sure of what you are trying to say.
oh and i love tetris too ahah.

never had a ds :(

Portal: LOVE IT!
2D: the flash version??
Chell: who's that??!

Oh nail is never gonna grow up... hes actually a really small person.
Hes not the only one though ... because far in the middle of a jungle ... there is a tribe full of small people.
Time warp? well you get to play as Sperm Nail in the first levels.
Until you come to life... then maybe some gameplay as a baby if i figure out something interesting ! aha.

Yes sir!

Yeah and lotsa ingame puzzles!
( would be cool though if you don't make it it always ends up in some horrible deaths. )

12. 8 bit RickRoll
AND FINALY GET TO PWN THAT MUTHAF***A

Maybe in an intro when nail is in his apartment...
But there's going to be some jiggly girls !
Conkers bad fur day someone?

14. Beer themed level
Hey im making a game about stuff i love ;)

15. crane game
Whats that?

EDIT: What the hell happened to my post?
... Oh well im going to bed, 2 am now.

1. decided
2. how about a mario party style aspect? where you unlock the games in game play, then get to go to a separate mini game section to play them as many times as you like.
3. decided
4. X
5. X
6. Think Tetris pieces covered in stretched flesh.
7. small mini games that feature small tasks (such as slice incoming vegatables with the touch screen, scratch mario's back, roll a snow man, so on and so forth.)
8. 2d portal Chell is the main character you play.
9. X
10. decided
11. decided
12. FTW!
13. jiggly
14. X ;)
15. those games you find in stores and such where you operate a claw and try to pickup items inside to drop into a hatch where you collect it, instead of stuffed animals and such it could be filled with various power ups, and (power downs?) (i.e. 1 up mushroom/poison mushroom takes a life)

There is a quote-limit on these boards, I've encountered myself. I think it is limited to 10 per post or so.

Fetus? :blink:
You Guys really have a weird phantasy :lol: But I like the Lemming-style Idea I wonder how all these Ideas will fit in one game and still keep the "game-flow". :D
But please make non-human fetus-thingies...
Somehow this also remembers me onto "Metroid", wehere the Metroids are your enemies first and then this changes.

...Oh, there still is missing one element into this game: A hot Girl! :D Show us your sexy Pixel Skills, Mr.Gonzo. :D Nail needs a girlfriend...or at least a unreachable Powergirl...Nails wet dreams in person etc...The girl is of course taller than him. :lol: And she also knows how to use Weapons very well, not only the weapons of a woman. ;)

@mali: ahahaha DAMN it.
And i spent so much time quoting shit.
You see how logic works at two AM.

@fusion power: That's not a fantasy. Its just stuff i find funny ahahah.
Speaking of game flow , thats why i was thinking of bringing down ONE twist of the game while bringing a new one up. To keep things diverse and non-repetitive.
My head is still working on the girlfriend thingy ahah.

Mr.Gonzo said:
@mali: ahahaha DAMN it.
And i spent so much time quoting shit.
You see how logic works at two AM.

@fusion power: That's not a fantasy. Its just stuff i find funny ahahah.
Speaking of game flow , thats why i was thinking of bringing down ONE twist of the game while bringing a new one up. To keep things diverse and non-repetitive.
My head is still working on the girlfriend thingy ahah.
How about a girl friend that transforms into a pile of fetuses? No no..that's expected. Into a killer fish stick with a cream of tar tar gun?

We're done with the fetuses anyway ahah.
SO there's Fetus people , the Cucarachas , The Hammers , Robots , Jeez and Haytaz tribe... whats next aha.

And we need to develop the plot.

CandidStan said:
How about a girl friend that transforms into a pile of fetuses? No no..that's expected. Into a killer fish stick with a cream of tar tar gun?
With "Transformation" you are on the right way... ;)
I'm thinking that she could transform if she is very angry. Anyone here has seen the movie "Species"? ;) With a female Alien-Tentacle-Monster things can get very messy onscreen :lol: A entire new definition of "smart bomb" ...I'm sure with such a girl on his side, Nail never gets bored...^_^

Mr.Gonzo said:
"plot"? "Story"? How about "clean the screen and find a way through the levels...". I loved "Cave Story" but actualy I don't need a plot in such games especialy not with much text etc... :D

To go back to the fetus boss discussion (as I had an idea looking at the pictures), you could possibly base it off the Kraid battles in the Metroid games. That would be a good way for it to produce a horde of fetuses...

fusion_power said:
CandidStan said:
With "Transformation" you are on the right way... ;)
I'm thinking that she could transform if she is very angry. Anyone here has seen the movie "Species"? ;) With a female Alien-Tentacle-Monster things can get very messy onscreen :lol: A entire new definition of "smart bomb" ...I'm sure with such a girl on his side, Nail never gets bored...^_^

Mr.Gonzo said:
"plot"? "Story"? How about "clean the screen and find a way through the levels...". I loved "Cave Story" but actualy I don't need a plot in such games especialy not with much text etc... :D

Those tentacles could come in handy in bed...

Mr.Gonzo said:
We're done with the fetuses anyway ahah.
SO there's Fetus people , the Cucarachas , The Hammers , Robots , Jeez and Haytaz tribe... whats next aha.

We need robots. Lots of robots.

71266009_l.gif

Let's see, we should start off with an epic title screen when the game begins. How about "In a lone ball sack somewhere on planet Earth." type line and then we cut to the epic fight scene where Nail in sperm form has to fight his way to the egg.

Then a brief waiting count down where he divides, becomes a fetus and is finally born.

I guess we need to then say "X years later..."

Then have Nail start out in his room and have to get on a plane or something which crashes.

After the crash he is the only survivor and fights the Haytaz tribe on a Lost type island.

He finds (Pirates?) which agree to spare him and in trade for (X item) they agree to take him back to North America where he lands in Mexico and meets the Cucarachas.

He makes his way underground through old drug smuggler tunnels, and somehow ends up in Area 51-X where he finds the fetus alien machine thing.

Makes his way to Canada where he meets his girl friend.

Goes to (X Location) where he meets the hammers.

Then goes to Japan where he meets the Robots and we need some Anime looking characters as well.

After Japan he goes back to that island to seek revenge after he finds it was the Haytaz tribe who had brought the plane down with black magic or (X).

Then he catches a plane back to Nevada where he ends up in Area 51-Z and is abducted by Aliens, has his DNA altered and gains (X) ability.

I'm done for now.

CandidStan said:
Let's see, we should start off with an epic title screen when the game begins. How about "In a lone ball sack somewhere on planet Earth." type line and then we cut to the epic fight scene where Nail in sperm form has to fight his way to the egg.
Well i was thinking: We see were nail ends up ( i dont know: in the middle of the desert dying , sitting on a pile of bodies... I DONT KNOW )
And then he says bla bla bla you wanna know how i ended up here; it all started a while ago AND then the ball sack thing. aha.

Then have Nail start out in his room and have to get on a plane or something which crashes.

After the crash he is the only survivor and fights the Haytaz tribe on a Lost type island.

He finds (Pirates?) which agree to spare him and in trade for (X item) they agree to take him back to North America where he lands in Mexico and meets the Cucarachas.

He makes his way underground through old drug smuggler tunnels, and somehow ends up in Area 51-X where he finds the fetus alien machine thing.

Then goes to Japan where he meets the Robots and we need some Anime looking characters as well.

After Japan he goes back to that island to seek revenge after he finds it was the Haytaz tribe who had brought the plane down with black magic or (X).

Then he catches a plane back to Nevada where he ends up in Area 51-Z and is abducted by Aliens, has his DNA altered and gains (X) ability.

I'm done for now.

Well actually The Cucarachas are only the overgrown cockroaches That were living in his shitty appartment.
( he killed ( well stepped on him... didnt really see him ) the deputee while going out of his appartment, and now the sheriff is pissed. Matador is on your side because he is seeking revenge from the sheriff. )

I want the hammers to be the main enemies of Nail.
Building robots and other crazy technologies to get him.

... already had an idea of how nail ends up in the jungle. It would be after a level that is player on a high way. Running on roof tops of cars , trucks , grabbing on choppers chasing you , walking on missiles flying . and then CRASH Nail is catapulted in the jungle.

im not really asking for HOW does he get there and how that happens i got plenty of imagination for that.
Still haven't found the main Drive of the character.

See how Oddworld Abe's odyssey only have and INTRO and an Final cinematic to define the situation... the rest is only gaming.

I just want a really cool/absurd/wtf drive.

Like Mario wants to save peach.

Or how Abe wants to flee the meat factory because he doesn't want to end up being a tasty meat pie.

at first i tought that the classic : LETS GO GET MY GIRLFRIEND FROM THE BIG BAD MEANIES would've bin ok. But in such an absurd game we need something else.

A bit like Conker's bad fur day.
The king needs something to replace a leg for his table where he usualy puts his glass of milk. and then after spilling his milk because of the broken table. He ask his crazy scientist to come up with something to fix the table.
And the scientist end up with the conclusion that CONKER is just the right size to replace the leg.

... see ... just a little drive for the main enemies... AND a drive for Nail.
aha.

Mr.Gonzo said:
CandidStan said:
Well i was thinking: We see were nail ends up ( i dont know: in the middle of the desert dying , sitting on a pile of bodies... I DONT KNOW )
And then he says bla bla bla you wanna know how i ended up here; it all started a while ago AND then the ball sack thing. aha.

I'm done for now.

Well actually The Cucarachas are only the overgrown cockroaches That were living in his shitty appartment.
( he killed ( well stepped on him... didnt really see him ) the deputee while going out of his appartment, and now the sheriff is pissed. Matador is on your side because he is seeking revenge from the sheriff. )

I want the hammers to be the main enemies of Nail.
Building robots and other crazy technologies to get him.

... already had an idea of how nail ends up in the jungle. It would be after a level that is player on a high way. Running on roof tops of cars , trucks , grabbing on choppers chasing you , walking on missiles flying . and then CRASH Nail is catapulted in the jungle.

im not really asking for HOW does he get there and how that happens i got plenty of imagination for that.
Still haven't found the main Drive of the character.

See how Oddworld Abe's odyssey only have and INTRO and an Final cinematic to define the situation... the rest is only gaming.

I just want a really cool/absurd/wtf drive.

Like Mario wants to save peach.

Or how Abe wants to flee the meat factory because he doesn't want to end up being a tasty meat pie.

at first i tought that the classic : LETS GO GET MY GIRLFRIEND FROM THE BIG BAD MEANIES would've bin ok. But in such an absurd game we need something else.

A bit like Conker's bad fur day.
The king needs something to replace a leg for his table where he usualy puts his glass of milk. and then after spilling his milk because of the broken table. He ask his crazy scientist to come up with something to fix the table.
And the scientist end up with the conclusion that CONKER is just the right size to replace the leg.

... see ... just a little drive for the main enemies... AND a drive for Nail.
aha.

It's almost like you set me up for this one, are you sure you didn't already think of this? Well the main character is named Nail, so how about a ruthless dictator who is building a crate to ship (X item) and is missing a guess what? Nail. So he hires a demon carpenter to fix the problem, and being that his kingdom is all out of nails, he sees young Nail on the street, measures him and tries to kidnap him.

Back