Interested In Being A Game Programmer...

i will leave this choice to my coder ^^.
Right now he is working on his own editor for the game, im not sure he wants to use a premade one...
So we will see what happens!

Mr.Gonzo said:
-Awesome Ideas-
I'd love to help, but I'm working on a homebrew for the PSP right now. Great ideas, though, however unoriginal they may be, they certainly would come together quite nicely.

Oh, and you might want to create a level format based on polygons and triangles for some nice slopes. I'm not a fan of tile-based engines anymore. Neither is very difficult, the algorithms for point-in-polygon and polygon collision are all over the Net if you can't figure it out.

Best of luck to the programmer and artist in this project!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Unorignial game mecanics... i was really looking for that classic hack and slash experience and just bundle everything i always loved about sidescrollers
( im actually trying to make THEkill-shit-sidescroller )

My future games will come with more original game mechanics dont worry :p.
But im giving a nice compensation with story and concept art originality... i hope!

This one is for the oldschool hardcore gamers.
The people that were spending all their food money on arcade games.
The people who where trying to finish the snes contra without the lives cheat.
The people who knew all the Mario Games secrets.

You guys ;)

Mr.Gonzo said:
Don't remind me. >.>

LOL

I'd say there's nothing wrong with doing the tried and true, if you do it well. Look at Halo; it's not really original in any way, it just did the same thing a million other games did, but better.

The main idea was to do the game that i would want to play... And im a big gamer.

Then i find this forum amazing because i can have the feedback of tons of retro gamers.

So my goal is to satisfy ME and all of you. aha.

i think that's how great games are done.
If you look at companies like Bethesda, Rockstar , Ubisoft , these guys are all gamers.

Mr.Gonzo said:
Yeah Unorignial game mecanics... i was really looking for that classic hack and slash experience and just bundle everything i always loved about sidescrollers
( im actually trying to make THEkill-shit-sidescroller )

My future games will come with more original game mechanics dont worry :p.
But im giving a nice compensation with story and concept art originality... i hope!

This one is for the oldschool hardcore gamers.
The people that were spending all their food money on arcade games.
The people who knew all the Mario Games secrets.

You guys ;)
...uh...can you include a "relax mode" for unskilled people without much time like me? ^_^ I more like to "travel" through a game and enjoying the graphics and I think your Pixel-Skills are worth to take a closer look at. ;)

Ahaha , Mario games Were not really hard.
Don't worry it wont be like Contra. ahaha.
I was just trying to say im trying to make a real fun game to play. :p

Here you go, To the hardcore fans AND others . ahaha

You could give the easy mode a different sprite for the main character (i.e. give him a bib, diaper, and pacifier) and harder modes would get a stronger-looking sprite..

Ahaha great idea man!
Don't be surprised if it makes it !

only thing is... There's going to be a level with the baby hero. :S
And i was thinking of having the hero sprite change the more hardcore you get ( chaining combos , kills , going trough levels super fast )
The hero would have more and more blood on him. Until hes totally red.

I second the idea of a different sprite for different difficulty levels.

Also, it'd be awesome to try and make the game easy on the surface with many optional challenges. The early Super Mario games were great for that because there was the challenge of trying to get a high score or beat it in the least time. Secret levels and bonuses would be cool too. Especially if having them changed the enemies in the levels to be stronger to balance for the character's gain in strength. Pretty much, you are seen as more of a threat, so the enemies become more aggressive and come in greater numbers.

CyruzDraxs said:
I'd say there's nothing wrong with doing the tried and true, if you do it well. Look at Halo; it's not really original in any way, it just did the same thing a million other games did, but better.
Don't you mean, it's not really original in any way, it just did the same thing a million other games did, but it was slow, and easier to play; thus, any bumbling nubble could feel good about playing it. =P

ahah i wont express my opinion on this one!

but i will give you this:
66gmlv.png

THE GEES one of the two ruling tribes of the jungle levels ^^.
As you can notice , they are small people too! just like Nail.

EDIT: shit the coma isn't at the right place , i did that really late yesterday ...
Sorry for that.

EDIT2: Changed the picture with coma at the right place, and changed the stick of the leader

closetwam said:
CyruzDraxs said:
Don't you mean, it's not really original in any way, it just did the same thing a million other games did, but it was slow, and easier to play; thus, any bumbling nubble could feel good about playing it. =P

Well that too, lol.

It's a great game for multiplayer though. I can't knock it for that.

Okay okay this ain't an halo thread boys :p
Just posted a pic of some new guys you could comment on that ;)

I'll put an other one while im at it.

348mvl3.png

Modified the Hammers.
The Gees are back.
And introducing the Haytaz tribe.
Assholes mostly.
Fist dude is a Axe thrower.
Second is a torch thrower.
Third is an archer.
Fourth a Fire arrow archer.
Fifth a shaman ( design: still unsure about it ... Doesn't look good enough to me ).
Sixth the shamans dog.

:)

I was planning on having a boss fight with the shaman floating around and teleporting , shooting fire balls , and casting all sort of crazy shit. While His dog chase you around the stage and try to beat your ass up.

Im really looking into having HUGE BOSSES and small bosses but it doesn't affect much of the difficulty.

Having two guys rushing at you during a boss fight will be a pain in the ass.

Some enemies in the game will have crazy fire power and all this stuff.
But in the "tribal" levels i was more thinking of them being in bigger numbers and faster , some guys throw shit at you while others charge at you.

Im gonna try to keep it as varied as possible. hehe.

... The GEES are meant to be pronounced like " jeez "
Jiz looked to much like Jizz ... anyway im still unsure about how i will write it.
If you guys didn't notice it... The Gees = Gs . and the Haytaz = Haters.
Nail = good guy, Hammers = bad guys.
This could lead to some funny stuff ( like when you UBER-Kill someone you would get a nice big " NAILED " flashing in the screen ... or you crash the party of a bunch of Hammered hammers...? no? )
Im still trying to figure out a name for Nail's girlfriend...
maybe FENCE ? ( nailed the fence , jump the fence )
i want some really stupid word games ... ascending to exageration ( South Park-Austin Power much? )

You guys will have to help on this one. I'm a frenchie , its still hard for me to write funny stuff in English.
But seriously , go crazy , I'll keep the best stuff.

Nice. If you want a reason for a literally huge boss battle, you could make the dog grow for some reason. Such as falling into a vat of nuclear chemicals at the end of the first round of the fight, or have him take some steroids or something lol. Then you can give him some crazy abilities and make him gigantic :D Just crazy stuff like that that you see in Behemoth's games.

Back