Interested In Being A Game Programmer...

You guys have all these great ideas, but there is no way you could put them together without it being over the top - over the top.

(to clarify, the over the topness is going to be awesome)

Mr.Gonzo said:
Meh Doesn't really fit the spirit of the game.
And pretty similar to conker ahah , we need something original!
Lets keep searchin' aha.
how about a Pastry society against humans that randomly targets random humans (Let's come up with an --AA acronym)

How about PSAA?

sounds about right.

Pastry Society Against Anthro.

Anyways, they randomly pick Nail and want to kill him for all the delicious murders he has committed.

Take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username said:
You'll need a crazy coder to do all of this.
It's not really that difficult--sounds like a fairly standard platformer engine to me. I'd do it myself if I didn't already have several of my own projects and job hunting to deal with right now.

AND my coder feels like building an engine + and editor from the ground up.
So... yeah. ahaha.

I think the worst thing to code will be ropes and the Harpoon thing + swinging + climbing on live rope

Love the idea of this crazy pixel game, and the wonderful though processes going on in this thread too :D

How about letting Nail & co fight an army of crazy sea-monkeys? Just put them guys in old school diving suits and make them walk in slowmotion on the sea floor lol. Maybe pick up a couple of portable torpedo launchers and they can even invade atlantis ^_^

Possible plot idea: How about Nail looking for a cure to his bad case of badassery?
Everyone thinks being a badass is cool, but if you are born with it, it gets boring after some time. Think of it as a terminal illness. You can't even go to the bathroom without discovering it has been infested with ninjas - again. While being a badass means you always can think of a snappy one-liner, it also means that you get constantly stuck in situations where you have to use them. You can build the first few levels around of how someone becomes a badass (sperm scene) and what life as a badass is all about, having unexplained mortal enemies (the hammers), getting no good job because you're always having to fight said enemies and stepping on cockroaches without noticing it.
The cure isn't easily obtained, of course the neccessary ingredients are where the party is the hottest, the pressure the highest, the shit the deepest. This would set up a lot of possible levels with a minimum of explanation.
You can also introduce the girlfriend as a doctor who tries to help Nail. Bad thing about being the girlfriend of a badass is of course that you either:
a ) Get abducted constantly (Princess Peach complex)
b ) Die in his arms at some point ("Noooooo! Not again! That's the third one this month.")
c ) are the secret top villain and final boss of the game (happens to me everytime)

Think of "Last Action Hero" and "the story of the youth who went forth to learn what fear was". But of course with your own bloody twists.

Hey... I LIKE THAT. this would explain alot a shit thats gonna happen in the game. ahah.
And by the end... maybe the hero would learn a lesson Right before he's about to get the antidote... like being yourself is not a bad thing. "insert Cheesy one liner here" And nail is ready for the last round of badassery.

Yup that's Stupid , and GOOD!

Another cliche filled ending would be giving up the cure for the sake of someone other. Althogh I have problems imagining someone with an even worse case of badassery.
The ending has to leave room for a sequel. Maybe Nail cures himself and the next title is somthing like:
"Nail harder. A mans quest to regain his badassery. The most realistic application filling simulator ever."
Why don't you let the player decide? Multiple endings would also increase replay value.

Something like the bigger and bloodier the score.
More the ending is bad ass?
And if you score really sucks you end up taking the badass cure.
And it would not unlock the last big fight.

i got a scenario in my head

ON an other note on the developpement side.
My coder did the first draft for the Tile Editor ^^.
We are still hiring for coders though if some people feel like helping out.
He has a job and a life so he can't really work full time on this project.

just like me... Exept for the life part. ahaha.

Mr.Gonzo said:
Something like the bigger and bloodier the score.
More the ending is bad ass?
And if you score really sucks you end up taking the badass cure.
And it would not unlock the last big fight.

i got a scenario in my head

ON an other note on the developpement side.
My coder did the first draft for the Tile Editor ^^.
We are still hiring for coders though if some people feel like helping out.
He has a job and a life so he can't really work full time on this project.

just like me... Exept for the life part. ahaha.

Hiring?
EMOTICON%20MONEY.png

Mr.Gonzo said:
im sad to say that the pays will only come in when the game will be finished and from the good will of "donators".

aha
damned.

When I get my C skills up I might just take you up on that offer.

Some dark humor needs to be implemented. Lets do something like they did on Cartoon Network on April Fool's Day. (i.e showing the first 5 mins of the ATHF movie, then making it a 20x20 sized smudge in the corner on several other cartoons with no audio)

Except more original.

I think progress and a trailer would bring in some donors as with the Pandora itself.

I got one! Lets see, how about some super ultra mega weapon thing that finishes the whole game if you manage to get every single point there is to get/complete every possible objective. This would be one of those things where only the developers and "The Chosen Ones" will get to see as some would say.

Once I get a new job and start earning proper money again I'm willing to donate $100 to the cause of getting a bit of paid help. The ideas are fantastic, but I don't really see anyone stepping up to help out short of the mystery programmer that we don't really know anything about. It'd be a shame if a good idea like this was to just fade away--especially considering how much it could do for a brand new platform like this.

@ Bosbeetle: No, right now its Tratax , he's really experienced in coding.
But he doesn't have alot of time ot work on it. so like i said, any good coder is still appreciated.

@ CyrusDraxs: 100? that's amazing man. Im flattered.
Speaking of Donation: what do you guys think, Once i get a trailer done, i open up a site and put a donation page.
BUT when the game comes out, i would like to do a bit like RadioHead with their new cd.
When you wanna download the game it ask you for any price to donate for downloading. From 0$ to XXXXX$
So you pay the price you want. Or nothing.
I can understand both i was once a really poor geek. ahah ;).

@ CandidStan: Im planning of making an animation trailer.
Actually i already started. But i don't have a Tablet anymore , Sure i draw alright with a mouse, but its really a pain to draw hundreds of drawings with a mouse and being precise and clean at the same time.
And i don't feel like buying a tablet right now... becuse i know that will be throwing money at the window, since im trying to build up some money to buy a Wacom Cyntiq.
Oh well...
And sure there will be dark humour...
And extra content!

Mr.Gonzo said:
Speaking of Donation: what do you guys think, Once i get a trailer done, i open up a site and put a donation page.
BUT when the game comes out, i would like to do a bit like RadioHead with their new cd.
When you wanna download the game it ask you for any price to donate for downloading. From 0$ to XXXXX$
So you pay the price you want. Or nothing.
I can understand both i was once a really poor geek. ahah ;).
The radiohead idea is cool, but I would check what value they input, so they don't need a credit card if they put in $0. Some people just don't have access to credit cards or paypal.

I'd donate more money if I could afford to, but I've been unemployed for about a month...fortunately I have enough money that I can pay the bills for another 3 months, but I can't afford to spend anything right now unless I can find a stable job. >.>

I'm not really trying all that hard to find a job right now, as I felt I needed a little break after getting laid off from my previous job. It gives me a bit of time to sort my life out and get caught up on my side projects, like my website which I pretty much abandoned for half a year...oops. :unsure:

Back