Introducing The New Pandora Curve (tm).

PoisonedV said:
UPS is fine for me. I, infact, just ordered 2000 dollars worth of computer components, including 3 video cards, a processor, and an expensive monitor and it all came in fine.
I ordered one binary clock and the package looked like car had droven over it <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch :(

I use UPS, or when possible, DHL.

Fedex somehow always delivers our packages to somebody with the same address on the street perpendicular to ours, and vice versa.

Tobriand said:
Orkie said:
One of the two big ones ;).

craigix said:
It was not UPS.
Which implies, I'd say, FedEx, it being the other one I know of. That or USPS, and I doubt they'd count as a courier company by rote of simply *being* the post office. Could be wrong, though...

Could be Parcel Farce (yes farce) seen as it's being shipped from the UK.

I remember one of the dodgier couriers here in the UK called Amtrak, worst service ever, they leave packages by the door (even in the pouring rain) or in bins and the delivery drivers 'sign' for the packages so they don't have to come back.

liquidphantom said:
I remember one of the dodgier couriers here in the UK called Amtrak, worst service ever, they leave packages by the door (even in the pouring rain) or in bins and the delivery drivers 'sign' for the packages so they don't have to come back.
Oh, there's no Farce involved save what happened to the shipping... Heh... This shipper's very much based in the US and has done the same sort of thing to packages that my company needed places (Set-top boxes in this case...)- with enough regularity to be troubled with it. And, NO, it's not United Package Smashers. The boards would probably arrived in a pulverized state if they'd used UPS.

surely its more likely that they were manufactured badly?

i mean how the hell would multiple boards all get warped like that during transit? im assuming they were wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a box, rather than shipped with nothing but a stamp stuck on the board somewhere. :blink:

gibberish said:
Possible, but in that case, they have a ready supply of mangled boxes somewhere :D

schnitzelboy said:
so wait, do they still work?!?! i need to know!!
Short answer: No.

gibberish said:
From personal and professional experience, that's not something you can presume here- in fact one can presume, in most cases, the opposite, and what most of us are assuming. I've gotten all kinds of things staved in, crushed in the center and on corners, flattened, etc. in the way of computer gear (I am the CTO of what was first a hardware vendor for set-top boxes, then a software company for the same (Now doing specialized embedded Linux work for the energy industry instead...go figure...it's an odd path I wove to get Coollogic where it is right now and I wasn't there for a good 2/3rds of it...)- we got all kinds of amazingly damaged things out to customers and returned from them courtesy of FedEx and UPS, more from United Package Smashers (Heh...nice pet name, that...) than FedEx but enough from out of FedEx to not be at all surprised about any of this...). This stuff's all too common.

i mean how the hell would multiple boards all get warped like that during transit? im assuming they were wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a box, rather than shipped with nothing but a stamp stuck on the board somewhere. :blink:

Because they were boxed individually and they were all crushed in the same way. Happens sometimes with contract manufacturing with smallish runs of electronic gear.

Trust me... I'm not boggling at this and just simply nodding in sympathy right at the moment while I look at what might have been my MK0 being that bent up...

I assume this can only end in delays?

Packaging something properly is the most important thing to do when sending through a courier service, American or otherwise. You can't really fault the company that shipped it.

meh, they claim what they cannot truly provide, and do not even try to repair or insure the damages that they caused.

I really hope when we get to order our pandoras that we get options in which company ships it. I dont want a pmp that can also function as a boomerang........

-Spadoof

P.s: sorry about the luck

TyBO! said:
Packaging something properly is the most important thing to do when sending through a courier service, American or otherwise. You can't really fault the company that shipped it.
Heh... They've trashed things in the past that WERE packaged properly. You've not seen some of the epic folds, spindles, and mutilates they've done to packaging. I've had them out and out crush a box. I've seen them subject things to 90+ G's of acceleration (Off the top of the airplane's cargo deck to the tarmack- on it's head...) and more.

Saying that this was improper packaging doesn't get them QUITE off the hook. If it was improper, it's the custom manufacturing
interest that screwed this one up- the Pandora team doesn't get to eat it either. I doubt that the manufacturing company screwed
it up, just so you know. It's not the first time FedEx or UPS have dropped the ball this way and it was all their doing.

Back