Introducing The New Pandora Curve (tm).

I worked at Parcel force for about 3-4 months years ago (just to get some money for xmas) and I can tell you now that most of the people who work there don't give a damn about the packages.

I saw people run over packages with vans and fork lift trucks, throwing boxes about all over and even playing football with the one's marked fragile. This is mainly because unloading the trucks at the depo is done by the part timers as it's a very, very boring job.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone does things like that. My friends dad has worked at the same company for over 15 years and he loves his job + always takes pride in his work, but I only met about 3 people like that out of the entire company. Most just didn't give a damn.

It's not very surprising that packages end up like this sometimes :angry:

icurafu said:
Yeah, I'm sure you'll get the $1K back.

The board is smiling. :)
lol :lol:

when people ship me via usps, it arrives as correios here, which can take several weeks to arrive sometimes, so it's not very good.

ive always had great experience with ups and fedex here. although I know dhl is the best, ive had one problem with a video card from china arriving smashed.

good thing the dhl+ebay+paypal combo was the best to get the entire money back, dhl had a really great service and wasnt picky about sending the package back and giving the mmoney back.

That's why I say that DHL is the best, even if you have to pay a little more. it's better if you are really expecting something, if it has a high value. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu said:
Yeah, I'm sure you'll get the $1K back.

The board is smiling. :)
Oh, I thought it was a bunch of $1000 boards... did only the one get bent?

When you say all, do you mean all 100, or just a couple that were sent to you?

how much of a delay will this put into the final production round? sorry to be thinking of this, but i'm so anxious to finally get a pandora...
:pandora1: <3

UPS rolled my PC up to my doorstep ( yes they rolled a box ) ... I was too boggled to say anything at least nothing was broken amazing that it wasn't though

I guess they forgot to read the "this side up sticker"

Can anybody answer these questions:

1. Exactly how many Pandora PCBs were shipped?

2. Who were they shipped to (From this thread, it seems like Svartalf?)

3. Why were these boards shipped to this person (and why so many boards to 1 person?)?

4. Has it been tested that NONE of the boards are functional?

JerryG20 said:
4. Has it been tested that NONE of the boards are functional?
I think the issue is not so much that they might not be functional in general, as that there might be some particular thing that doesn't work on them - which, considering they are the boards going out to devs from which the early software base is to be built, just is not a sensible thing to risk.

Generally, I would think you'd want driver developers to be able to be certain that any crashes are a result of their code, not of busted hardware.

That is of course, assuming they even turn on in that state.

In my area, its UPS thats the worse of the two. Not only do they sometimes choose to not even knock on my door (I think they don't want to carry things upstairs), but I've routinely had tings arrive with holes in the boxes, huge dents, and once I ordered an 8 GB SDHC card, and when it arrived, I got a padded envelope that had been taped shut with just the packing slip in it.

Back