Invisible Shield Screen Protector Sale Monday

laserbeams

The topic says it all!

There was a screen protector thread a few days ago, but I figured everyone could benefit from this. Apparently the proper screen protector is the Archos 605 WiFi (if I'm wrong, please let me know):

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/archos-605--wifi-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Details on the sale, confirmed this with a few other deal sites:

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/e1463ff6-101e-4169-a212-31ad7e23db7d/zagg-com-50-off-memorial-day-sale#6

Doh, haha, placed my order a couple days ago, it already shipped (fortunately also got a nice discount). I would have bought two if this was going on at the time. I wish I had a screen to test it on and share my thoughts about it, but I'm sure considering their reputation that it's a fine screen protector.

I remember taking advantage of this, last year. Oh how time flies.

Yes, I bought it last year too :)

The rest of the people who are waiting for their pandora and haven't got a screen protector, think about buying an invisible shield, because they're superb.

http://www.zagg.com/j/memday2010.php

joseluisjazz said:
Yes, I bought it last year too :)

The rest of the people who are waiting for their pandora and haven't got a screen protector, think about buying an invisible shield, because they're superb.

I plan to at the sale. ;)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on ZAGG's site that if they don't have an Invisible Shield to fit your specific device, that they will pay (IIRC) to ship your device to them and back, and they will make a full body shield and add it to the store. I wonder if ~4000 devices in the wild would be enough for ZAGG to want to consider making a full body shield for the Pandora. I know I'd buy one. Would anyone be willing to give up their Panda for a few weeks to have a shield mold made? I would consider it, but I'm near the end of the queue!

Maybe OPT could send a warranteed/broken/returned Pandora to ZAGG to give the poor non-functional device a meaning to its short life. :)

laserbeams said:
I saw on ZAGG's site that if they don't have an Invisible Shield to fit your specific device, that they will pay (IIRC) to ship your device to them and back, and they will make a full body shield and add it to the store. I wonder if ~4000 devices in the wild would be enough for ZAGG to want to consider making a full body shield for the Pandora. I know I'd buy one. Would anyone be willing to give up their Panda for a few weeks to have a shield mold made? I would consider it, but I'm near the end of the queue!

Can than be even possible for a clamshell with keyboard and nubs?

Ok, I've seen an example on how it works for laptops. I wouldn't buy one, though. I'n not so concerned about scratches but about crushes.

I still conserve a proporta hard case I used with my old Psion 5, which I'm gonna try to adapt for the pandora. My biggest concern is in the height, but I think it's possible.

I thought it would be a good idea to bump this, as the sale is today! It went live a few hours ago and will last another 24 hours approximately.

laserbeams said:
I thought it would be a good idea to bump this, as the sale is today! It went live a few hours ago and will last another 24 hours approximately.

I just bought mine tonight, even though it's not officially Monday here yet the deal was good to go.

Thanks again!

They've got some other nice geek goodies on there too. I picked up a full screen protector for my soon to be HTC Incredible. Some headphones, orange and blue, how can you not? And broke down for the power supply.

The frickin gimmick worked.

Total sucker, I blame my credit card company for raising my limit.

Road warriors need gear,

And ganja,

of course :pandora2ut4:

Peace,

Link

I am at the ZAGG shop and am now thinking about the shipping method.
How long does Surface Mail take from the USA to Germany? I figure my P needs some weeks (late ED-shopper).

I definitely do NOT need it in the next 3 days or so.

EDIT: Actually it says 7-10 days on teh check out page.

LOL I have another two month, so its OK :)

joseluisjazz said:
I'n not so concerned about scratches but about crushes.

Can than be even possible for a clamshell with keyboard and nubs?

Ok, I've seen an example on how it works for laptops. I wouldn't buy one, though. I'n not so concerned about scratches but about crushes.

I still conserve a proporta hard case I used with my old Psion 5, which I'm gonna try to adapt for the pandora. My biggest concern is in the height, but I think it's possible.
[/quote]

I recommend a Pelican 1040 non-clear top if you don't have a Pandora Black/White Retro carrying case. The Pandora will not be totally snug, so you might want to find a nice microfiber cloth to snug it up a little. But it will be bombproof. If you have the Pandora B/W Case, you can get a Pelican 1040 with a clear top and actually put the Pandora in the B/W Retro Case and then put that carefully into the Pelican, it is snug, and I would never force it closed in a hurry.

I'll get some pictures of this stuff up soon, specifically how the unit should be in I'm very tired, was kayaking all day, and have another day on the water tomorrow. Trust me, it will be bomb proof. On the clear case, you can also customize the back part of the case because the rubber mat is removable and you can put stickers back there and not actually peel off the paper.

I have a lot of this stuff for whitewater videography.

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_1040p.html

Enjoy,

Peace & :pandora2ut4:

Link

Mjlink said:
I recommend a Pelican 1040 non-clear top if you don't have a Pandora Black/White Retro carrying case. The Pandora will not be totally snug, so you might want to find a nice microfiber cloth to snug it up a little. But it will be bombproof. If you have the Pandora B/W Case, you can get a Pelican 1040 with a clear top and actually put the Pandora in the B/W Retro Case and then put that carefully into the Pelican, it is snug, and I would never force it closed in a hurry.

Thankyou! It looks very good. Even if I can efectivelly adapt my Proporta case, I'm seriously considering a Black Solid Pelican 1040! It has a good price, and very interesting features, for a very good price.

I also took a look to the 910 sd card carry case, but they don't sell it in the same place. I'll see what I do :)

joseluisjazz said:
Mjlink said:

Thankyou! It looks very good. Even if I can efectivelly adapt my Proporta case, I'm seriously considering a Black Solid Pelican 1040! It has a good price, and very interesting features, for a very good price.

I also took a look to the 910 sd card carry case, but they don't sell it in the same place. I'll see what I do :)
I have a 910SD card case, they are really nice. You can actually use half of the case, put in the blank included insert on the other half and put a credit card, driver's license, and a crisp bill or two to use a wallet.

I've found the 910 case at REI

Good luck on your case hunt, I'd be curious to see how the Proporta works out for you too.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

One last bump!

I almost forgot to order this, and wanted to give a last reminder to anyone else.

As of this post, there should be about 1.5 hours left of the sale.

I ordered a screen protector for my Pandora from Zagg first thing today. Ten bucks shipped for one of these can't be beat, so thanks for the head's up about the deal! I have a set of these screen protectors on my DS Lite, and they work damn well even if they feel a bit sticky to my stylus. That probably won't be an issue for the Pandora given that the touch screen probably won't be used as extensively as the touch screen on the DS (play either Zelda game and you'll see what I mean), so I'm glad to say I'll have one on-hand for when my Pandora finally arrives. =D

I just ordered right now and got the discount. Pretty happy with $12.59 delivered to NZ. There is probably still some time for any other forgetful people like me to order.

Back