Ipod Clone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WD2V

Can i use this MP3 player with the gp32, or is it only the 20 gig one? Also, since i live in america, will i not be able to charge it? Sorry, i dont read german :(

What do you mean by "use it with the gp32" ? If you mean, using them a the same time: If you are able to switch both of them on, then yes, you can :D

If you mean using the usb port of your gp32 to copy music, etc. back and forth: no. At least not at the moment.

Don`t know if it will be possible if gplinux is developed further...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not having checked the link out I can't be suer but I think geo12 may be referring to another thread where someone (I forger who, I guess that's what the search function is for :D ) mentioned that they had purchased an I-pod clone that they had been able to attach to their GP32 - via US - and been able to copy files from/to it using the interface on the I-pod clone. I think it required GPDrive to be started on the GP32.....

Quiest yes you can copy files from a "Ipod Clone" onto the GP32 via the USB.. Do a Search for it, its somewhere....

Geo12, is that the same brand MP3 player as the 20GB one was in that thread about this?? If its the same brand then Im guessing it will work :D

You can use every data storage system that works like an USB stick to tranfer data between it and the gp32_console using GP32 Linux, so if this device works with USB stick drivers, you should be able to use it with your GP32. The intresting question is: will it (like an USB stick) need an external power source ( gp32_console can´t supply it itself)? Those constructions with 9V- Batteries look scary and are probably not easy to use...

Quiest yes you can copy files from a "Ipod Clone" onto the GP32 via the USB.. Do a Search for it, its somewhere....

Geo12, is that the same brand MP3 player as the 20GB one was in that thread about this?? If its the same brand then Im guessing it will work :D
no, its an other brand.
@Fishbong: the guy with the ipod-clone was using gpdrive, he had a "send file" function on the mp3 player so he could just press send file.
Easy :D , maybe I'm getting one of those

This ipod clone is by the same brand (medion), but it is the "micromaxx" version (sort of like the ipod mini) im not sure if it has the "send file" feature tho. I couldnt find this MP3 player on the medion site (probably because i cannot speak german) So if anybody has the link that would be very helpful.
Thanks

I was wondering about one of these -> link

I think it would work for storage, although it doesn't play MP3s, it's just a storage device. It could be quite cool, having full ROMsets and collections of homebrew games and mods on it.

This ipod clone is by the same brand (medion), but it is the "micromaxx" version (sort of like the ipod mini) im not sure if it has the "send file" feature tho. I couldnt find this MP3 player on the medion site (probably because i cannot speak german) So if anybody has the link that would be very helpful.
Thanks

I didn't find it on the Medion site either, but if you want me to, I can ask the seller about it. Don't get your hopes up though. Also, the seller states that he will only send to Germany.

Back