IS GP32 really that good? help me out

JDUK posted on Jul 3 2003 said:
Kenny posted on Jul 3 2003 said:
Why won't they just release the damn superior handheld worldwide. They'll make tons of money (literally).
No they wont look at the success of the PS2 junk system with sequel after sequel of licence flogging (some good titles admittedly) and ppl lap it up in their thousands. Compared to XBox + GameCube the Superior consoles are bombing in comparison. Right the way back to Betamax Vs. VHS and probably further. Ppl en mass like what advertising tells them to like. Thus GBA-SP would kill the GP32 with out breaking a sweat.
I believe you are wrong about the gp32 being popular with a worldwide release. Everyone who I showed my gp32 to wants one so bad. And the fact that you can play music and movies on it just blows them away. So the only thing It needs is a world wide release and some publicity (the reason nintendo's gameboy beat all the other handhelds is cause everyone knew about it)

And the reason ps2 is way more popular is because sony started its own cult following after ps1 came out because it actually was really good. But after that people just assume everything sony makes will be worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could probably get it from gbax without import costs, as craigx would probably mark it as gift or something =P

And I beleive that the GP32 should have a limited release around the world. While it wont ever be as popular as the GBA, it would be very popular in the geek/nerd market.

LOL, true to the nerd comment, but I think everyone would enjoy it. Not just nerds cause tech is advancing so fast and everyone uses it now.

And to stay on topic:
Q-Is gp32 really that good?
A-Yes

I'm ordering one too. I'm sure it'll be fabulous. My savings... gone. :unsure: I think I'm being greedy cause I already got a gamecube and ps2

Wellllllll try GBAX.com, they might wangle it with the australian government...send them beer or something

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 3 2003 said:
to play movies on the gp32 you must pay the company (forget the name ^^;) which will then let u download the software.

I'm in australia and i was gonna buy the gp32 from liksang cause of the $10 off but if im gonna get hit by a $80 import fee its not worth it :( i got hit for $100 fee when i got a old mac laptop from usa sent 2 me thats just a ripoff stupid goverment wanting more money !@#$%^&

:blink: umm yeah try 1 of the other stores play asia is about the same price dont know about gbax tho or is that gbx?

:ph34r:
I feel for you NiN -- I am in the good old USA, and I had no problem from Lik-Sang, as a matter of fact it was sent next day (Tuesday), and I received it on Thursday morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is if im hit with a $80 fine i have to drive 1hr and 30mins to go pick the damn thing up then drive back

if i didnt have to drive back id be happy ;) hehe but still i dont wanna get hit with a import cost it already cost a damn lot with the gp and a smc :angry:

Still i would get it from gbax.com as they seam to be good but i need to know the shipping price and they dont have it on the site :(

:ph34r:

Wellllllll try GBAX.com, they might wangle it with the australian government...send them beer or something

Yes, beer! I'll send them beer.

Back