Is There A Problem?

Im working on my picklelauncher which I use the pc, pandora, and caanoo for developing on, so there :p

To the OP topic, just give it time, and go back and review whats already. There really no possible way youve used everything (go play freeciv that should keep you occupied until pandora2)

I think Skeezix first post summaries the situation. Theres lots of things i love to do, but i still have to work for living and have time for family.
The best thing you can do for homebrew dev is give serious feedback. Knowing someone has an interest in your project goes a long way and helps with the motivation.

EvilDragon said:
DaveC said:
As of today no one has contacted me to implement any of these changes. I am ready to do it and it would take me only about an hour to do. I guess it comes down to the lack of trust of the China factory and the feeling that these changes would cause a delay.

Don't worry, we know that. You know how long the last changes on the mould did take... about 4 - 6 months, so the risk was too high for the first and second batch.
While the second batch is being produced with that mould, we can't change it. So we can't fix that before Batch 3.

Kind of like how long they took from the last shipment?
http://pandorapress.net/2010/05/07/12-cartons-207kg/
5/7, (yesterday?) was 9/29... So 4 months, give or take a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
The order numbers should be re-done and based on actual pandoras with all the distributors combined so people know if they should cancel or not imo... that would be the fair thing to do at this point. I know it wont be though, so its just going to be another shut up and stop complaining "what is your order number?" slap in the face we have come to expect from the OPT.

Well, that's a big problem when it comes to taxes. The orders have already been taxed - if you change all the order numbers, you need to change your taxes again (which had been done two years ago). If it's even possible, it does cost a lot of money... at least in Germany, no idea how it's handled in UK.
Germany is damn organized country, I can't just change order numbers that have already been booked...

Who said anything about re-shuffling the order numbers? Create a giant spreadsheet with pandoras 1-4000, sort the three sets of orders from you Fatih and Craig, merge them together, and adjust based on how many each order contained.

Heck, if you send me a (redacted) subset, I'll write a script for you to do it. I'd offer to do the whole one, but then you'd need to cross-reference against the order numbers.

But I agree that I'd like to know how far along in the wait I am. Am I early enough that my board has been made? Is my case flying, or going by boat?

not sure if you'll be able to get things sorted to that point, benji.... if so, it won't be for the first couple of batches that it affects the overall process.

I'm thinking of staging out a few bits .. game I'm working on is a few months out yet, but I could release a 'teaser bit' soon-ish, sort of like for Spore, they let out the Creature Creator. Give something for folks to chew on.

But then, if some folks need to see front page bits to keep their motivation up, thats not a good way to drive a schedule :)

Pickle -- whats the pickle-launcher anyway? a file-picker, or your own cross platform wrappers, or what? You keep mentioning it, now I'm curious :)

jeff

skeezix said:
Pickle -- whats the pickle-launcher anyway? a file-picker, or your own cross platform wrappers, or what? You keep mentioning it, now I'm curious :)
Surely he means this

skeezix said:

Short summary an SDL based frontend (file picker) for command line based apps. Its purpose is to detect the input files and setup argument flags automatically and display them in a list on the display.
One app im focusing on first is prboom.

ah; I should giv eyou the (crap!) source for the file picker I made awhile back. One night hack, the one used in the last beta of snes9x4d4p I posted months ago.

(lets you pick a file, has a wallpaper, thats it :) Yours should be good as a total replacement for zenity file picker though, woot :)

jeff

Back