It reminds me of the Pandora!

Dunno what you are talking about, but errrm yeah, vscodium is bloatware free.
It's an electron app. The whole application is basically running within an own Chromium build on node.js. This is the very definition of bloatware. The whole electron framework is not even designed to share its core across apps, each app has to ship its very own Chromium-based core engine. The holy trinity of bloat: wasted CPU cycles, wasted RAM and wasted storage space.

Last edited:
yeah just wanted to give some good advice, but then i took an arrow to the knee.

my bad actually, turns out i was not precise enough:

of course there is no such thing as a single best editor of all time. well maybe there is, but some ppl just cant be helped, you know...

if you are a pro already, got your tools in place and have specific conditions to take into account - just keep moving on.

everyone else: go for vscodium.

oh and yeah, that's of course just my opinion. you dont need to agree. my opinion is in no way any better than yours.

It'd be interested in seeing Venture running under MAME on that screen. On the Pandora the screen response made the red player dot in the map screen basically invisible when it was moving. I guess a video would make that easiest to see.

That shouldn't be a problem here. The same happend with most VCS games (like Phoenix), and that works fine on the Pyra (have tried that years ago, as Stella is in the Debian repo) :)

What's wrong with vim ?

I like very much Vim, and the only issue I can find, and could be heavy with languages you don't know well, is the absence of a proper "intellisense" function (or how it is called) that shows with a pop-up menu the list of commands or variables that are similar to what you are writing... or in case of functions that shows the list of parameters...
I know there are tricks to obtain something like that (I know VERY well), but them requires some external service running, and mostly a service for every language you need... and those services could be incompatible from each others making all a mess to put up working....

In most graphic environments like VSCode, you just add the templates for the languages that you need, and that's it.

I like very much Vim, and the only issue I can find, and could be heavy with languages you don't know well, is the absence of a proper "intellisense" function (or how it is called) that shows with a pop-up menu the list of commands or variables that are similar to what you are writing

vs code and vim are very different things. vs code (or codium, no difference there) comes with batteries included. vim does not.

which is better totally depends on the conditions on your side.
i bet that most devs, no matter the level of their skills, will appreciate the "batteries" that vs code comes with.
if electron is a show stopper for you, then sublime text is a very good alternative, as it comes with a similar set of batteries.

I know there are tricks to obtain something like that (I know VERY well), but them requires some external service running, and mostly a service for every language you need... and those services could be incompatible from each others making all a mess to put up working....

At least in Germany (the country where elections want get steal on courts, and where you’re not allowed to carry a One Hand Blade Tool on public) it’s about to get weekend, so hopefully he will find the time for at least a short update

But he allways writes a half novel which is cool, but eats to many time ..

Send from something, i guess ^^

Reactions: rSl
Back