July News?

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed there's been no July news posted. There's still a bit of time! Perhaps they're saving it for a big announcement of some sort... :D [/hope]

Anyways, hopefully something goes up, even if it's just for the lul'z.

I would also like to see some more stuff. Not to bother the devs or anything but Craig has me going crazy. His one post (I think) said he would have a working one by aug. The closer it gets, the more I cant wait anymore. We have been given the treat of the emu vids, but i really really really want to hear more on the Pandora!

-Spadoof :gp2x

I bet we will see linux running on nullDC - FULLSPEED :D

This post :
Squidge said:
Some of the emulators, now the speed has been proven, will be put on the back burner for a bit whilst further work is done on the kernel. After that, we'll measure battery consumption with a proper working kernel and power management and give results.

Note: some, not all. Please don't mis-read.
shows that they still have to work on the kernel and the devs have stated that the case will be the last piece of hardware ready, although Craig has mentioned a working Pandora in August. So neither software or hardware are likely to be ready to show just yet. We've also seen numerous videos etc.

Yes it is frustrating to wait for our new toys but what are you expecting?! These threads are frustrating and hardly likely to make it appear any quicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
TaG said:
This post :
Squidge said:
Some of the emulators, now the speed has been proven, will be put on the back burner for a bit whilst further work is done on the kernel. After that, we'll measure battery consumption with a proper working kernel and power management and give results.

Note: some, not all. Please don't mis-read.
shows that they still have to work on the kernel and the devs have stated that the case will be the last piece of hardware ready, although Craig has mentioned a working Pandora in August. So neither software or hardware are likely to be ready to show just yet. We've also seen numerous videos etc.

Yes it is frustrating to wait for our new toys but what are you expecting?! These threads are frustrating and hardly likely to make it appear any quicker.

Not that I'm taking any sides, but I'm assuming the requests for news have more to do with people just wanting to know what's going on behind the scenes more. Like, some concept designs for the UI...crap like that.

That being said, the following types of topics are starting to get old:

"If I plug in an USB drive and two SD cards, how much storage will I have?"
"Can I run playstation 2 emulators? 600mhz is much faster than 200mhz after all!"
etc

daemonaholic said:
"If I plug in an USB drive and two SD cards, how much storage will I have?"
"Can I run playstation 2 emulators? 600mhz is much faster than 200mhz after all!"
etc

The first quote reminded me of "if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?" I guess it's the geeky version of the question...

But yeah I also want to see as much as possible on Pandora, but if it's not ready, then that's cool. And the above type questions are starting to grate...

TaG said:
It's called "discussion". :lol: Of course we're not going to magically whisk the Pandora up faster, but we can damn well talk about it. Jeez.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed there's been no July news posted. There's still a bit of time! Perhaps they're saving it for a big announcement of some sort... :D [/hope]

Ummm... wasn't the "Stop the presses" blog update made in July? That IS July news. Not that I don't want to see MORE news, but at least acknowledge that there was already some July news.

craigix said:
I am working on an update, I wanted to get it done last night but fell asleep.
Good, now we know you're human. ;P

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Ummm... wasn't the "Stop the presses" blog update made in July? That IS July news. Not that I don't want to see MORE news, but at least acknowledge that there was already some July news.
I'm talking about the front-page monthly news updates, not news that happens to be in July. :p

And Craigx, awesome news. Get as much rest as you need, sounds like you could use it at this point!

craigix said:
I am working on an update, I wanted to get it done last night but fell asleep.
I was wondering what was going on. My little login script said you had updated something on the blog page, but it must've been markup because there were no visible changes. :p

Few minutes later: Aha! New "next >>>" button at the bottom of the page. :)

Well, take your time. July 31st is still two days away...

IM BAAACK!!!!! It's always fun not having internet access for a week or two.

Anyways, This isn't going to be a monthly thing right??? I mean posting a request for an update when there is a pretty good pattern of when Craig get's these updates out. More frequent (even if more casual and less informative) posts from some of the other team members, would help supplement the anxiousness around here. It's good to give the people what they want but alone will deter you from your main objective, if that makes sense.

yeah, I was going to post a question like this. I think that it would be slightly uplifting for the lurkers to have just a small paragraph on updates ;)

Back