July Videos And News

craigix said:
We went with having a custom nub made, it has good travel, very similar to the original nub actually but no metal this time.
No Metal? Sounds like the new A-Pads slide over the pure plastic surface of the Pandora. :) I hope the Material will be durable enough for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
No Metal?
You Can't Kill The Metal
The Metal Will Live On
No-one Can Destroy The Metal
The Metal Will Strike You Down With A Vicious Blow
We Are The Vanquished Foes Of The Metal
We Tried To Win For Why We Do Not Know

craigix said:
We went with having a custom nub made, it has good travel, very similar to the original nub actually but no metal this time.
Which, I suspect, tallies quite well with an expected September release (if pre-orders are to happen in August). At least it means I'll know which address to put in the preorder form!

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a port of Secret Maryo Chronicles running on it (if someone's on it?). The clean graphics would look nice IMO and the touch screen should be fun in the editor.
Secret Maryo Chronicles would be fun if the controls worked. There's something up with the way keyboard events are handled, because half the time the game fails to respond to jumps, at least for me. :(

craigix said:
Whoa. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Way to go Craigix! :D

Tobriand said:
At least it means I'll know which address to put in the preorder form!
Yes mine. ;)

On an offtopic kind of note I would also like to know whether the new analogue nubs have click functionality, not that i'm particularly bothered whether they do or not, i'm just curious.

I want to see a video of the pandora running Halflife 2 (or Doom 3) on Windows Vista.

No, No wait! Thats a bit much for the initial release: maybe a month or two later.
Let's see, I want to see the pandora running a full speed PS2 emu on Windows XP! :p

So what the hell is wrong with the metal nubs? I thought they were cool looking. Anyway, we all know this is supposed to be the best handheld emulator to date when it's released. So I'm not even worried about that. How about naming some default apps that will launch with the system.

ish420 said:
So what the hell is wrong with the metal nubs? I thought they were cool looking.
The company who were going to make them decided not to.

I'd love to see the boot process and GUI, or at least some confirmation we have a working GUI.

i would really like to see a demo of the pandora running FF7, although the chances of that happening are nill as it doesnt show off the graphics that well... except for the cut scenes.

Even the cut scenes don't really show off the Pandora very well for FF7 - they are, after all, almost entirely FMV.

I think it's been established, though, from some of Zodttd's early videos that Pandora should have no trouble whatsoever running whatever psx games you throw at it with ease and alacrity.

Tobriand said:
Even the cut scenes don't really show off the Pandora very well for FF7 - they are, after all, almost entirely FMV.

I think it's been established, though, from some of Zodttd's early videos that Pandora should have no trouble whatsoever running whatever psx games you throw at it with ease and alacrity.
The term 'I LOVE YOU' springs to mind, although on the other hand i am now going to fail my second year of uni because i will never be able to drag myself off this thing lol

Spray190 said:
i would really like to see a demo of the pandora running FF7, although the chances of that happening are nill as it doesnt show off the graphics that well... except for the cut scenes.
You're joking, right? We've seen videos of FF7 running full speed two months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sx8CrVLW8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKGLXITbt-4

greendots said:
craigix said:
We have also decided on a final AV port which has line output AND input.
so does this mean it can be used to record streaming video from tv/game systems etc...? (along with audio from mic input) :lol:

I think it means that we can use the speaker and screen to display stuff :lol:

Being able to record stuff would be sweet, though totally unneeded...

PlopperZ said:
I'd like to see a render with the new layout and nubs.
Sorry, but the Pandora team put themselves under an NDA so they aren't allowed to tell us about it yet.

:)D)

Back