July Videos And News

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
No, this is not a thread asking for the July News to be posted or whining that there are still no new video updates for Pandora (though both of those things would be great :p ) I'm wondering what you all are expecting to see in the July News, and what your top expectations/desires are out of any kind of developer video updates. For me, I'd love to see PSX with sound, the GUI, and a MK1 Pandora actually doing something other than running a slide show. :D Discuss!

I'll just be happy to see anything. Observing the Pandora's development from afar has been a very interesting process, and it's surely about to get more interesting. :)

Best thing we can hope for is, at the end of the month, they confirm pre-orders will indeed start in August.

Damnit, you got my hopes up. As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I went to go check for news at openpandora.org and I was disappointed... :(

On-topic, I would like to see a video of the entire startup process, the default GUI, and playing a PSX game. Information about preorders would also be great. I'm going to be rather upset if preorders start at the end of August, because I'll be on vacation starting from the 23rd and won't have internet access.

How about anything at all. *edit - removed pointless bitching about complete lack of updates*

As long as it doesn't distract from development time. :)

Some people want to see what it will do before they buy. I don't think I am that concerned - I'd never seen the GP32 in action when I got that. With that in mind, there is a thought that seeing the 'previews' might take away the 'wonder' and 'surprise' of seeing it for youself 5 seconds after it lands in the post - like a kid with a Chistmas/birthday present (analogy busted as I've got to buy it myself, but there you go).

I can imagine how good Emulators/ Games run onto the OMAP Chipset so I don't need such type of Video.
Better would be FINAL informations about the final D-Pad Design, the final Action Button labeling, the FINAL Pandora Case, especially the final Lid Design and everything put together. The Case should be already produced, the Design was final since weeks and I hope the Devs don't do "linear producing" their Device: one component after the other component. :D
(ED mentioned, they currently testing Factories for the production, I hope this was only for the PCB and not for the finished Case of the Pandora)

Yeah, I was going to ask this question in 5 days, I figure that I could ask about it when July was half over. But, I won't be disappointed if there are no updates until preorders.

Sorry for it being a slow month, we are working on the nubs issue (yeah it has caused a delay) and might post a very slightly redesigned pandora soon (the nubs have moved down slightly).

We have also decided on a final AV port which has line output AND input.

I want to see it functioning with a GUI. Maybe with a few apps installed. =)

I'm a very cautious buyer, so I like to make sure what I'm about to purchase is perfect for me.

Keep up the awesome work Craigix and friends.

videos would be nice- prolly of it running linux apps and games- for the most part we all know what emulators and videos look like, and the specs are more than adequate for that-

otherwise- I wouldn't mind a video of someone showing up at my door and handing me one ;)

craigix said:
so does this mean it can be used to record streaming video from tv/game systems etc...? (along with audio from mic input) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
greendots said:
craigix said:
so does this mean it can be used to record streaming video from tv/game systems etc...? (along with audio from mic input) :lol:

No, it's an audio line out/in along with the video-out. Unless they added a digital video encoder chip in there somewhere (which would have been Big News if it were true), there is no video-in.

Well I just checked zodttd's website and it said nothing about the progress of his psx emulator. I would really like to see it in action (*cough*metalgearsolid*cough*). But then again who knows.....................anyway I would really like to see (again) the psx emulator in action (sound and all), and possibly an almost complete pandora. I would really like to see a boot up and maybe a gui, but that prob alot to ask.

-Spadoof :gp2x

You soon will be mine :pandora1:

craigix said:
Ooh, can't wait to hear about that. ^_^

Esn said:
craigix said:
(the nubs have moved down slightly).

Hmm. It doesn't look like there is much space for them to move down into from the renders I've seen.
You're forgetting that we have new nubs now, which I'm guessing won't have those silver bases like the old ones did.

As for what I would like to see. I guess I'd like to see vids of everything and anything. (Maybe zodttd's progress on porting Daedalus? o_ô)

-God Ginrai

well I guess then: we need NEW renders :p
but yeah it would be nice if someone put on the site a 3D render in flash, shockwave, or quicktime 3D so people can rotate it around and stuff.

Back