Just got a Galaxy S4!

EssoAir

I just picked up an LTE Galaxy S4! The reason it was worth the switch from the S3 (to me at least) was the built in Open GL ES 3.0 support. Its required for Dolphin GC/Wii Emulator. I'm really happy. :)

How is the phone in general vs the S3? worth the upgrade?

Overall, only buy it if you get the Snapdragon version. The support for Open GL ES 3.0 on a phone is amazing and it is still the only phone on the planet that has support for such rich video calls. I'm stoked about Dolphin Emulator. Also, the 13mp camera and 1080p screen are unmatched by any other device on the market. Also, Multiview (2 apps on the screen at one time) is probably the coolest thing since Custom Roms. Its no XFCE, but its still a hell of a lot better than only one app showing at any one time. I might write a personal review in the future if you're interested.

I just got my upgrade a couple days ago... Went for the HTC One though, but was considering between the S4 too.

I really like Samsung's Multiview, perfect for watching/listening to a YT live PS4 keynote whilst discussing it here in the browser.

The hover preview video is pretty handy too on the S4.

Still well happy with my One though, camera processing features are amazing, the removal and always smile features, so clever for a phone.

I also find Samsung's a bit phoney with their colours, too cartoon like, but have to admit the Multiview alone caused me days of weighing up pros and cons of each phone.

Closest can get to Multiview on my phone is with Halo. Which is all good for multitasking but it's not as good as Multiview.

Be good to see some Dolphin emu use on it

Back