Just How Much "order Turnover" Was There?

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I ordered in the afternoon of the first day when pre-orders were opened. I'm sure that I wasn't in the first 1000 - it was probably 2000-something, though I never knew the exact position. But just now I sent an email to ask about my place in the queue, out of curiosity, and my position is now "350 - 450". Huzzah! :D

So it seems like there has been some pretty significant turnover, of old orders canceling and new ones coming in. I'm wondering if any other people have more exact numbers to share, of how far they moved ahead in the queue over time. What % of the orders are still the ones from 2008?...

Esn said:
I ordered in the afternoon of the first day when pre-orders were opened. I'm sure that I wasn't in the first 1000 - it was probably 2000-something, though I never knew the exact position. But just now I sent an email to ask about my place in the queue, out of curiosity, and my position is now "350 - 450". Huzzah! :D

So it seems like there has been some pretty significant turnover, of old orders canceling and new ones coming in. I'm wondering if any other people have more exact numbers to share, of how far they moved ahead in the queue over time. What % of the orders are still the ones from 2008?...

Well, most of the orders I have in my shop are still from 2008 :)

Mostly only the people who have ordered later did cancel.

Last edited:
It's had a high turnover but luckily always someone taking on the cancelled order. What I would consider high anyway, but understandable considering delay.

Think Craig once gave some rough figures that gave an idea of the turnover. Wouldn't know what to search on though.

Would also be interesting to know how many cancelled but buy a second batch once they see it actually shipping.

Edit:
I ordered after the bank fiasco I believe it was and now I'm 1500-1600 I believe.
Guess turnover is low relative considering how long it's been..... Hmmmm....

I swear I would've been very close to the back of the queue when I had ordered 3900-4000. Unless the only couple left at the time wasn't true.

Na-Noo said:
I swear I would've been very close to the back of the queue when I had ordered 3900-4000. Unless the only couple left at the time wasn't true.

You were at the back of Craig's queue, but I guess there's a separate queue for the 500 German orders in that 4000... and maybe the Turkish ones (I'm unsure).

Still, it's pretty big. If what ED said is true, it looks at this point like Germans are more stubborn. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:

i'd be suprised if you were in that range to start with.
i ordered at 14:51 (GMT) of day 1, which put me 10 minutes ahead of Premotheus roughly (i think) and she was sub 200.

It's probably easier to calculate how many people have not cancelled, as some cancellations may have had new buyers who subsequently cancelled to be replaced (or not - Craigix apparently has spares left over, unordered).

We seem to have had a number of people drop from "somewhere areound 3000-4000" (e.g. "I was in the last couple of hundred orders" but we don't know if that was global or UK-specific) over the whole first batch to "around 1500" (again, not REALLY sure if these numbers are for Craig's store specifically or global - if global then that would account for why it's "hard work" to figure out people's queue position - because it crosses store and country boundaries). So there seems to be a drop, based on numerous reports, of up to around 1500-2500 positions/orders, ignoring any repeat order/cancel/order scenarios. That suggests, to me, that there have been around 1500-2000 "stubborn" constant pre-orderers.

Early pre-orders are probably more sick and tired of all that's gone on than fresh meat, but newer customers have less invested. I would say that the newer customers, on the whole, are the more likely to push the "Refund" button as they comne to realise that the nice email telling them "We expect to ship this month" has been going out for over a year and a half without product shipping. Older customers are more likely to be part of the community and feel less inclined to get a refund and wander off elsewhere - though they may just get a refund and keep on posting, of course ;)

neogramps said:
I managed to ordered before the page melted (about 25 mins after orders opened); and I was told i'm in the top 210 when I re-paid by bank transfer

what time was that d'you recall?

I ordered during the initial pre-ordering - after Craig had stated that they would take all orders they received and expanded the run to 4000 units. Like you I got curious and asked a couple of days ago and I'm now around position 1250 - 1350. I always pictured my order being at the 3000 mark so that was a pleasant surprise.

Based on the rate at which orders have advanced in the queue (from around 3000-3500 initially to 1500-1700) it would appear that approximately 50% of the original orders were cancelled.

I ordered around this time last year, so I guess I must be about 3400-3700

Well, I ordered within 30 minutes of preorders going live(I had to take jr to daycare, so I missed the start). I checked back in december and was told I was 250-350 range. Hopefully I have moved up a little, but maybe not.

I would say based on the amount of movement that some customers have had, there have been many cancellations over the last year and a half. Maybe a 1000 or more, but that is just a guess on my part. For every person that has canceled, there has been someone else to take there spot, so I'm sure it hasn't been a big deal for the team. Just a lot of busy work for the girls.

Chris

I would eat a plate of cold dog testicles to get within the first 1000

Sugar_Kane said:
I would eat a plate of cold dog testicles to get within the first 1000
I think we just found our next new(useless,although funny)thread topic!

What would you be willing to do to get in the first 1000 orders? This should be good! :lol:

Chris

jumpman said:
What would you be willing to do to get in the first 1000 orders? This should be good! :lol:
I would give them money within the first 6 hours of them taking pre-orders!
Oh wait, I did! :D

Back