Just How Much "order Turnover" Was There?

I ordered in October 2009. I presumed I was at the 3900-4000 mark as it was after the exposure on Engadget, I decided to finally plump for it. I checked with OP I'm 2200-2300 now. Well chuffed, will be happy when I know all the parts to build are sitting in the village hall.

Dead1nside said:
I ordered in October 2009. I presumed I was at the 3900-4000 mark as it was after the exposure on Engadget, I decided to finally plump for it. I checked with OP I'm 2200-2300 now. Well chuffed, will be happy when I know all the parts to build are sitting in the village hall.

That's very interesting, I may be sub 2000 then... in that case I will downgrade to a small dish of cold dog testicles

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:

Really!! I presumed I was 3800-4000 and I ordered in Aug 2009.. I'm tempted to ask them but don't want to waste there time

mvickers03 said:
Really!! I presumed I was 3800-4000 and I ordered in Aug 2009.. I'm tempted to ask them but don't want to waste there time
Don't ask! It'll spoil the surprise!

Dead1nside said:

Hmmmm... I ordered from ED the 10th of November 2009, I always thought I was at the end of the list (3900-4000) but if you are at 2200-2300, I should be way higher too, unless more than a 1000 people ordered between your and my date...

I got my confirmation email at 4pm GMT exactly on the first day of the preorders. It took me a while to order because there was heavy traffic on the web servers and I had to go through a different site or something (can't remember exactly... but by 4pm I'd been trying for a few hours to order and realised I was doing something wrong after I looked on the forums). I can't remember what time pre-orders started either (was it 12 GMT?).

So I just emailed them this afternoon and apparently my position is 400-500. I remember a long time ago (more than a year) when people were trying to figure out what position they were in in the queue, I thought I must have been about 750-1250. So it looks like I've moved down some. But who knows? Anyway, thought maybe these figures are useful to you guys.

I'm just happy that I'm guaranteed to be in with the first batch of the first batch :D

We're all in the first batch. The first batch means the first 4000, not the first 1000.

The first 1000 is the first sub batch of the first batch of 4000 :p

Seamus said:
I ordered in July 09 and was told I was in first batch
cant wait.

1st batch of the first batch? or 4k 1st batch only? XD

Ordered on day one a couple of hours after the ordering went live, just checked my position and am somewhere between 350 - 450 in the queue.

Bring it on!

I placed my order on 2009-09-22, right before an engadget or gizmodo or something article threatened to sell out the 'last few units' (which at the time were presumably 3700-3800 since a few were going to be reserved for warranty/DOA/etc.)

On 2010-02-19 I added a case and asked my place: "Your approximate queue position is 2200 - 2300" - so by now I would be (slightly) surprised if I am not under 2000.

I ordered exactly one year ago today. I assumed I was in the last couple hundred... I emailed the OpenPandora gals in Feb, and was told I'm around 1700-1800... Highly surprised, I was. :) Maybe by now I'm around 1600 or so. :D

I ordered I think it was March of last year and was getting in on the last available units. During an email for something else I asked for my queue number since everyone seemed to be doing it, and was told I was 1550-1650. One thing I never understood was how the "queue" worked anyway, if there was some sort of master list of people in order of when the order was placed, it would be quite certain just where you are and quite difficult to shuffle numbers when customers from all over the queue were to cancel (thus making ranges of 100 unlikely). Then you figure in Fatih and ED's lists and really, does the range make any sense anyway? It's not like if one of Fatih's orders canceled that all three lists (or more?) would be updated. Imagine how much time that would take!

My guess is that out of the first 1000, Craig's list which should be bigger should get what maybe 50% and ED and Fatih slip the other 50% based on total orders? Just a guess but hey, they have to spread some love out to everyone somehow...this is where multiple order streams can cause discourse and logistical problems, especially when people expect things done in a certain order.

Esn said:
Na-Noo said:
I swear I would've been very close to the back of the queue when I had ordered 3900-4000. Unless the only couple left at the time wasn't true.

You were at the back of Craig's queue, but I guess there's a separate queue for the 500 German orders in that 4000... and maybe the Turkish ones (I'm unsure).

Still, it's pretty big. If what ED said is true, it looks at this point like Germans are more stubborn. ;)

Side note. ED said a few months back that he had more like ~1000 of the units sold through his shop, and that he'd therefore get ~250 of the first 1000 units. I can only say what was posted, not the current state of affairs. That larger number only adds to your point about resilience.

Poem58 said:
Imagine how much time that would take!

Sorting a list of 4000 lines on a computer? With the speed of computers nowadays? That should be near instant even if using Microsoft Excel.

Back