Just Wondering If We've Heard From The Factory.....

Mjlink said:
Going on 3 in China.

Wonder when words happen?

Peace & silent lucidity,

Link

3:10pm by my watch, I so want to hear some news..... :)

(Good of course)

F5 is taking another punishing today......

Last edited by a moderator:
One week before Chinese NY - case production didn't start.
Second week after Chinese NY - case production didn't start.
I guess developers intentionally do that because OS is not ready or some other reason.
Do anybody have another explanation?

svs-57 said:
The case creation is out of their control, thus relies on good will of the mould factory.

mali said:
svs-57 said:
The case creation is out of their control, thus relies on good will of the mould factory.
I guest they must make order and deadline for cases pruduction with mould factory.
Otherwise we will wait forever.

svs-57 said:
I guest they must make order and deadline for cases pruduction with mould factory.
Otherwise we will wait forever.
This could be difficult I guess, because they paid up front, afaik.

This is interesting:

Prometheus said:
Just spotted this on Craig's Twitter account (which I don't actually check very often - good timing? :lol: );

Looks like everything will have arrived here by the 22nd. How exciting.
The question is: Is he talking about everything-everything or just the parts they send from Texas to UK?

mali said:
Prometheus said:
Just spotted this on Craig's Twitter account (which I don't actually check very often - good timing? :lol: );

The question is: Is he talking about everything-everything or just the parts they send from Texas to UK?

Or everything from the Chinese case/stylus/EXT cable factory, or everything that has been sent by boat already, or everything he's ordered from the local Kentucy Fried Chicken emporium?

fingers crossed it is everything. it has to be logistically right to make sure everyone can be there when all the parts are there otherwise its a wasted visit.

without wanting to stir any buckets, it is probably a little delay rather than sending the cases to texas and having them fabricated at $100 a go, but at least it will be something within their control. once they have the parts they are in complete control and are no longer relying on external factors.

i have my fingers crossed that it doesnt snow again where craig is!

mali said:
This is interesting:

Prometheus said:

I'm assuming everything since case production & shipping shouldn't take as long as populating & shipping the rest of the boards & misc parts.

this is shaping up to be quite the 20th birthday for me (april 14th) :D

how come it's going to take until the 22nd? this is just getting silly. I can't believe I was so naive to think they'd be shipping in January. fool me once...

mali said:
This is interesting:

Prometheus said:

The question is: 22 of ?month? ?year?...

svs-57 said:
mali said:
This is interesting:

Prometheus said:

The stupid question is: 22 of ?month? ?year?...
fixed

it is a slightly silly question though. its 99.9% reasonable to infer its this month. rip me a new one if i'm wrong ;)

Keep in mind that all of the cases have to be created and shipped, all of the parts that aren't used to populate the boards have to be shipped along with the boards, many of which still have to be populated. I can definitely see that taking 3 weeks.

Paradox said:
how come it's going to take until the 22nd? this is just getting silly. I can't believe I was so naive to think they'd be shipping in January. fool me once...
Only once? Well done if that's the case :D

Paradox said:
8 days delivery means it probably ships on the 13th or 14th, or possibly the 12th since that's the Friday. That gives 10 days from now to produce 10'000 cases. They had planned to start yesterday, but they wouldn't be doing much more than setting the machine's parameters. So it makes perfect sense and isn't silly in any way.

Back