Just Wondering

13 here. I completely oppose generalisations about the grammar and internet shortcut usage of younger people. I am proud to use as little internet slang as I possibly can.

23. Started with a MO6 from thomson, playing "Aigle d'or", sorcery, saphir, runaway2... sigh.

yes, i'm french :D

33 here.

Would have figured on an older demographic for such a retro-oriented machine.

I'm 37 and an embedded s/w engineer by job.

First computer, a self built Sinclair ZX-80

I'll be 37 next month... I can't say I'm too thrilled with how old I'm getting but there's not a lot I can do about it. My first computer was a Commodore VIC-20 with a whopping 8K of memory (including a 5K add-in card) and a cassette drive for software... for those of you who are too young, a "cassette" is a rectangular reel-to-reel magnetic tape package on which one could record music or data, it was replaced by the CD as the de facto music medium - how's that for old school? <wheeze>

*innocent voice*
.... tayyyp?....
.... what's that? -_- ....

Hah.

By the way, my first computer was an old dos system, which I quickly loaded Windows 3.1 onto. I have a knowledge of dos commands like none other my age.

does this mean I qualify as aged old man of the forum? (44), why all these young people? where did they come from?, was I ahead of my time? , oh yeah! and z88 programable hex keypad circuitboard with led display was my first "computer"..self build kit ordered from a electronics magazine, second was a ZX80, later I added the huge 3.5k memory pack to it, it felt like owning your own Cray at the time.

Mentor.

joeeoh posted on Dec 12 2005 at 05:45 AM said:
Wow I must be the youngest person in the world to ever type in these forums IM 13!!!
GOity was kike 11 when he joined.

nubie posted on Dec 12 2005 at 06:11 AM said:
26 hmm?

and not embarrassed by that avatar?

*notices own insane avatar*

hmmm . . . . nevermind B)
Gir: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Zim: GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited by a moderator:
94 and proud of it.

I can remember when this was all sliderules and logorithm books.

During the War...... etc etc. ad infinitum

;)

I got my gp2x for my 30th birthday. All you young whippersnappers can get the hell off my lawn.

Back