JXD S7100

Getting mine very soon, looks like a very promising little piece of hardware .

Is rooting the device a good thing? Very much a noob when it comes to those sort of things so sorry for the stupid questions.

@ SONY

How is the screen?

Build quality?

Web browser load sites fast?

Is the resistive much much worse than the capacitive screen?

Overall give us the general idea if it works as advertised.

Are the stock emulators any good? I really don't want to risk bricking my unit from not knowing what I'm doing .

Thanks
1. Awesome...although the viewing angle could have been better. Must be a cheap LCD screen?

2. Overall, great~ But I must say, although working perfectly fine...my analogue nub is a little, but noticeably off-centre and I can't seem to correct it. Looks shit like that, but meh.

3. VERY FAST! I'm impressed actually.

4. I have the capacitive model, so I have not had dealings with the resistive one, but my suggestion is if you're wanting to buy one, get the capacitive model, as it's bloody awesome!!!

5. Yes, I must say that the advertisment is more or less accurate/spot-on. The JXD S7100 is nothing short of amazing if you ask me.

6. Good enough, imho...but then again I'm not interested in huge compatibility or the latest emu builds.

7. You're welcome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and when you have a chance, rumor has it that BakedPete wants to know if GTA 3 works. LOL.

X
ow and rumor has it that your mom found bottle of lube under your bed with a photo of hillary clinton bending over. LOL

X

Oh, and when you have a chance, rumor has it that BakedPete wants to know if GTA 3 works. LOL. X
ow and rumor has it that your mom found bottle of lube under your bed with a photo of hillary clinton bending over. LOL X
Behaving like an adult is expected here. Kindly do so, please. ;)

No warnings this time, and hopefully they won't ever have to be issued.

@SONY

You have manual in english at the JXD's site and it has a part that explains some of the settings. Language part is on the page 9 so maybe you can use it for orientation.

http://www.jxd.cc/en...oming/S7100.pdf

If you can't download it (I've tried for two days and it would be VERY slow, then it would stop then start again then break so I've downloaded it with Free Download Manager in one and a half hour!!!! ) I've uploaded it on megaupload so you can get it from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGRVVP5J

Awesome! Thank you for that, but the manual isn't very well detailed with more menu pic. :(

By the way, what's "USB debugging must be enabled" mean?

EDIT: I've rooted it!!! :D

@SONY: YAY!!!! :D

Does that means that you've set language? I'm downloading Chinese manual now (it will be finished in 2 hours :angry: ) and I will try to find symbols (kanji, harigana or how are the called in chinese) for "language settings" by maching chinese manual with english so you will know what to look for in the setting menu (last icon on the right sidebar).

No, not yet, because jutley's guide ( http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2150-JXD-S7100-Root-and-Market-Instalation ) is extremely complicated, espcially the part, "Now for market installation you will need to download the following files and copy them with root explorer to system/app/ "

How do I find THE ROOT EXPLORER when my JXD is in Chinese? Let alone when pressing YES or NO, it'll be Chinese? :(

The following is an image that jutley posted.

20120109-135820.jpg

I'm going to bed now. Thank you all and goodnight. :)

Good night :) . I will try to get some info 'till you wake up.

EDIT:

Aaaaand that was wrong pdf :) . I cant find chinese pdf manual anywhere. Try matching english pdf with paper chinese manual that you got. Use pages and images for orientation.Then click bottom icon on right sidebar (settings) and count 11 buttons down. See if symbols from text match symbols on the button or near buttons. If they do you are in the right setting and any language there would be better than chinese for figuring out (I think english should be first). There would be some confirmation after that but you have probably only two options. Just some ideas, nothing rock solid.

Google translate gives this options for "Language and Keyboard":

Chinese simplified:

语言和键盘

的语言和键盘

一种语言和键盘

Chinese traditional:

語言和鍵盤

的語言和鍵盤

一種語言和鍵盤

Maybe something there looks like options for language settiings.

Is there no option to change te language when you first turn it on? If not I'm in big trouble.

And jutley's guide is very complicated for those that do not know what he is taling about SONY can you post easy step by step instructions on how you rooted it. please :)

I'm getting mine today so it should be very interesting, wish me luck.....HA!

Good night :) . I will try to get some info 'till you wake up.

EDIT:

Aaaaand that was wrong pdf :) . I cant find chinese pdf manual anywhere. Try matching english pdf with paper chinese manual that you got. Use pages and images for orientation.Then click bottom icon on right sidebar (settings) and count 11 buttons down. See if symbols from text match symbols on the button or near buttons. If they do you are in the right setting and any language there would be better than chinese for figuring out (I think english should be first). There would be some confirmation after that but you have probably only two options. Just some ideas, nothing rock solid.

Google translate gives this options for "Language and Keyboard":

Chinese simplified:

语言和键盘

的语言和键盘

一种语言和键盘

Chinese traditional:

語言和鍵盤

的語言和鍵盤

一種語言和鍵盤

Maybe something there looks like options for language settiings.
do you need help with this?

its the 11th icon in the settings tab (Language and Keyboard) than click the first option witch is Select language.

Back