JXD S7100

When i was watching one of the seven youtube videos of the jxd s7100 on youtube someone has done a quadrant score

(its like a 3D Mark preformance tester for the devices that run android)on the jxd s7100 and that score is 2587 and thats REALY good

considering that my HTC Incredible s only scored 1400-1600 on that same benchmark test.
I normally find bench tests pretty missleading the main reason people will buy this is emulation and 800 mhz for a new handheld is just too slow we need dual or quad core cpu running at 1.5 to 2ghz and at least a dual core gpu and 1 ghz of ddr3 memory to keep a console relevant in years to come yes this may cost more but considering we spend 370 pounds for a pandora im sure most people will spend an extra 100 pounds for this spec list.

yah t

When i was watching one of the seven youtube videos of the jxd s7100 on youtube someone has done a quadrant score

(its like a 3D Mark preformance tester for the devices that run android)on the jxd s7100 and that score is 2587 and thats REALY good

considering that my HTC Incredible s only scored 1400-1600 on that same benchmark test.
I normally find bench tests pretty missleading the main reason people will buy this is emulation and 800 mhz for a new handheld is just too slow we need dual or quad core cpu running at 1.5 to 2ghz and at least a dual core gpu and 1 ghz of ddr3 memory to keep a console relevant in years to come yes this may cost more but considering we spend 370 pounds for a pandora im sure most people will spend an extra 100 pounds for this spec list.

true

all i wanna know is if GTA III (3) works on the tablet at a playable frame rate 30-60fps and if the controlls work with the game also.

Unbelievable I just read this on youtube:

"It is a way of Chinese advertising. They added cpu clock speed with gpu clock speed. 800mhz+400mhz = 1.2 ghz".

The damn thing is 800 Mhz. Well... they fooled me.... so mission accomplished.

Now that's awesome :D

They could add the RAM Clock speed as well :D

And quad-core 2GHz PC is actually an 8GHz quad-core PC for them? :D

Nifty :D

Theres a link on apad.tv for a 2.3 firmware update for the capacative version, also heres the link for rooting and installing the android market -

http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2150-JXD-S7100-Root-and-Market-Instalation

Sony, does android sonic cd work with the controls?
First of all I don't understand how to root this thing? I tried, but failed. Pandora is easy for me, but when it comes to Android...I'm a complete, utter n00b...

So, could someone please help me by making a step-by-step guide (for dummies) tutorial of the what can be found on that site ( http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2150-JXD-S7100-Root-and-Market-Instalation )?

For example, when I download that .apk...where do I put it? In the root of the nand or on a microSD card? :(

I'm off to work now, so I'll reply when I return in 12 hours or so. Cheers.

EDIT: I also want to put this thing in English :(

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, when I download that .apk...where do I put it? In the root of the nand or on a microSD card? :(

Doesn't really matter. Go to the file with a file manager and execute. If you don't have a file manager out of the box, download one from any market. If you can't install apks install an apk installer. The installer will search automatically for apk's on your sdcard.

Oh, and when you have a chance, rumor has it that BakedPete wants to know if GTA 3 works. LOL.

X

Theres a link on apad.tv for a 2.3 firmware update for the capacative version,

is it possible to use a usb keyboard mouse xbox controller sixaxis or whatever with this new firmware :)

Unbelievable I just read this on youtube:

"It is a way of Chinese advertising. They added cpu clock speed with gpu clock speed. 800mhz+400mhz = 1.2 ghz".

The damn thing is 800 Mhz. Well... they fooled me.... so mission accomplished.

Well considering it's the same design as the Yinlips that was already known. Well, to me anyway

Getting mine very soon, looks like a very promising little piece of hardware .

Is rooting the device a good thing? Very much a noob when it comes to those sort of things so sorry for the stupid questions.

@ SONY

How is the screen?

Build quality?

Web browser load sites fast?

Is the resistive much much worse than the capacitive screen?

Overall give us the general idea if it works as advertised.

Are the stock emulators any good? I really don't want to risk bricking my unit from not knowing what I'm doing .

Thanks

Back