Latest update: Keymats are here, how strong will the logo plate be - and pretty cases.

Thanks so much for the update :D

I love the matte case, and do feel it's worthwhile. I'm sure it will turn glossy over time where it's most used, but that happens with every keyboard / laptop I've used.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the badges look like as I'm still toying with ideas of customising that part in the future... although if it looks awesome as it is, then I may not decide to do that after all ;)

Now thats look really fine...i like the painted matte black case. Also the logo solution is very strong and seems fit perfectly.

So massproduction is really next corner? maybe for middle/late November ?

I love the Matte Black, looks rather slick!!

is the adhesive transparent or does it let enough light through for the LEDS on the other side?

Cases look a lot like I expected them to. It makes a huge difference. Still bulky, but kinda refined cases. Neat.

Also, dog.
dog.jpg

the matte paint looks gorgeous and it's superthin, scratchresistant. *verry* nice! :cool:

I love the Matte Black, looks rather slick!!

is the adhesive transparent or does it let enough light through for the LEDS on the other side?

ED mentioned that the plastic logo will still be behind - so I think that the plan is for the adhesive piece to be a darker than example metalic color pre-cut to the same pattern as the aluminum bits he had before. I.e. the light would still be coming through the dp lid logo plastics and outlined by this thick adhesive plastic inlay pre-cut to pattern.

Ed,
The matte black really looks good.
It doesn't sound like you need to tweak any of the tolerances either, which was my main concern and something that happened with the Pandora.
Thank you for taking the time to research solutions and find one that works!

I agree too...the mate Plastic is realy much more nice to see.:)

The Keyboard will be changed here into a qwertz Keyboard..nice Idea to make the Keys Changeable xD

Yeah, the painted case looks fantastic. Matte finished case with glowing keyboard is going to look awesome!

Looking forward to mass production anytime soon.

Back