Latest update: Keymats are here, how strong will the logo plate be - and pretty cases.

Even if true, recognizing a bigger problem after getting hurt doesn't mean you then only work on the problem for selfish reasons. And EVEN IF everything he does in his FOSS/liberation efforts he'd do only for selfish reasons, what would I care? The problems he's pointing to are still very much sirious problems.

So if you meant to discredit his efforts and the efforts of similar minded people, try again, @netcat .

I believe the story to be true. the person who told it to me was indeed a lisp programmer, associate professor of cognitive science and middle aged. not necessarily the type to bullshit.

and it makes sense to me. not wanting to be left out..

Actually, I had already said goodbye to the Pyra Forum. But I know no other way how else to reach ED. It's been almost 4 weeks since I submitted a refund regarding my Pyra pre-order via the official ticket system on dragonbox.de. No answer yet. It would be nice if ED at least serve his official ticket system from time to time.

FYI: The complete ticket content was sent back to me by email. Of course, unencrypted. In the ticket content, I have provided personal information:

Complete name
Order number
Bank account

I'm very upset about such an approach. I just used the ticket system because of its secure transmission (https).

I've no twitter or any other account of classical social media stuff. I just don't need it. But may be I write him some snail mail :)

Still they will be right to do it.
I think speaking English is sign of british colonization, and it is nothing to be proud of.

Speaking Spanish (in Spain), Italian, Portuguese, French, and other Romance languages are a sign of ROMAN colonization? :)

There is a lot of people speaking one language for colonization reasons (becoming its natural/born language after time), and there is a lot of people speaking English like international language, as "lingua franca", no as born language.

I don't like English (because I hate they write different they speak, its like learning 2 different languages), and I think it would be much better to use a standard, regular and artificial language (for example Lojban) for tha international use, but obiously English is actual and only "lingua franca" and you must know it if you want to communicate with most world or simply read about something advanced or not too much common (at some level most knowledge is found in English and not in other languages).

PD: Of course, British colonization was not like Roman or Spanish empires, but that is another (and controversial) history.

Last edited:
I
I'd say it's more like the Microsoft of natural languages:

Ubiquitous
Bloated
Monolithic
Inherently prejudiced / biased
Forced on the majority of people
Partially archaic / obsolete
Oftentimes deliberately obscure
Do you know of a language which has no such drawbacks?

My python is the best python. It's better than your python.
Reported.

I

Do you know of a language which has no such drawbacks?
LCI. It's a good language, The only problem it has is that it's a bit slow. But CPU time nowadays has almost no value anyway; today it's all about programmer productivity.

Back