Launcher Gui Concept - Fast Loading Simple To Use

Zotty said:
Nice! That'll make some skeptic friends drool.

Btw, where the Amiga icon ;)
I actually noticed that last night, an Atari ST icon but no Amiga. I was actually an Amiga guy back in the day too. Maybe it was a subconscious attempt to goad Skeezix into coding it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
skeezix said:
rabidpoobear said:
Where can I get libpnd , a copy of the pxml spec, and some sample PND files? I'll look into doing this. Should be pretty easy to implement.
One thing though, are the icons in the pnd files going to have colorkey or alpha transparency for sure? you're gonna want to use their icons probably, right? It would suck if some users decided to make their icons be big squares with no transparency, it would really mess up the cleanliness of the UI.

libpnd is in the public git (I'm on my phone so can't link it).. Can't be hard to find :)

google for "libpnd hub" to find docs, and it links to the pxml spec

pnd files.. Ca get you some or you can make fake ones with libpnd

I may work on a menu like this as I've been wanting a super minimal one too :)

jeffPhone

You mention you may consider one "like" this. What don't you like about this one and what would do different?

Did you want the actual graphics still as an example or is this not what you had in mind? I would be interested to know what you thinking of doing.

"like", insomuch as if I try to write something in the next 2-3 weeks (when this week is a writeoff for me mostly), it has to be a rush-job with no frills.. which means going at it in a totalyl diferent way than were I doing it in a way where I have a month to write it, which would let me do a lot more fun things and have a lot more flexibility :)

So I am tempted to do a quick one to bundle into the system, and then do a bigger brother version later. *shrug*

I suck at doing pretty, I'm good at doing functional, so 'like' as in .. I probably can't do your work justice :)

jeff

skeezix said:
"like", insomuch as if I try to write something in the next 2-3 weeks (when this week is a writeoff for me mostly), it has to be a rush-job with no frills.. which means going at it in a totalyl diferent way than were I doing it in a way where I have a month to write it, which would let me do a lot more fun things and have a lot more flexibility :)

So I am tempted to do a quick one to bundle into the system, and then do a bigger brother version later. *shrug*

I suck at doing pretty, I'm good at doing functional, so 'like' as in .. I probably can't do your work justice :)

jeff
Well let me know if you need help with some of the graphics. I sent you the Photoshop file. If you need help with resizing something etc let me know.

If you could keep the basic layout the same with the same number of icons and allow D-pad as well as TS control that would be a great start.

Let me know if you need something, This could be the genesis of Pmenu2X!

Back