Left nub no longer works as a mouse...

DAP

I know this is a software bug since the left nub still works in the input tester app, but it does nothing on the desktop anymore.

I was having trouble with navit. I had connected the bluetooth GPS as I always do, but navit refused to see it, so I initiated a reboot. The pandora hung during shutdown, so I pulled the battery (SD activity light was off). After booting, the left nub no longer controls the mouse (navit works again, so there is that) Rebooting again does not improve the situation.

Is it set to joystick mode in the nub configuration?

Yes, somehow it got switched to joystick mode. I don't know how though.

Switching it back to mouse mode got it working again.

Thanks.

Just for future reference, when you open an application, for example an emulator/game, it runs a script which changes the nubs to joystick mode rather than mouse mose. When you exit these applications gracefully (Using the proper exit button, not killing it/restarting the Pandora) they run another script which returns them to the previous mose (In most cases, mouse mode).

If you killed an app/restarted your Pandora without exiting a game/emulator, that's why your settings were changed.

Just for future reference, when you open an application, for example an emulator/game, it runs a script which changes the nubs to joystick mode rather than mouse mose. When you exit these applications gracefully (Using the proper exit button, not killing it/restarting the Pandora) they run another script which returns them to the previous mose (In most cases, mouse mode).

If you killed an app/restarted your Pandora without exiting a game/emulator, that's why your settings were changed.
Hmm, which of the following apps would do this?

Firefox, Galculator, Navit, terminal, and Task Manager. That was all that had run since booting before the restart hang and the problem started. No games at all.

^ Yeah I don't think any of those would.. 

Back